Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Padge

December Photo Comp, chosen by Shrek is:- Festive Spirit

35 posts in this topic

Shrek was the October winner and therefore deservedly gets the right to chose the December theme.

"Festive Spirit" - but with a liberal interpretation for anyone not feeling especially festive.

Pictures to be taken between 1st December 2012 and 31st December 2012 and posted between those dates.

Personally I think that considering a lot of people may take photos on New Years Eve we should give a bit of lee-way on the end date and allow a small run over to allow people to sober up check their photos and post them for a couple of days after the normal close date. Thoughts?

Usual other rules apply regarding processing etc.

The festive season starts tomorrow get the camera at the ready, loaded and get shooting.

As the 12 days of Christmas runs until 6th January, I propose that for the closure date.

As the 12 days of Christmas runs until 6th January, I propose that for the closure date.

and starts when?

Good call Padge, given you do all the leg work posting polls and the like I doubt anyone will object to you picking a date to suit you in January to wrap it up.

first attempt with new laptop

Usual other rules apply regarding processing etc.

Please can you point me in the direction of the rules?

Please can you point me in the direction of the rules?

Rules as laid down for previous comps.

Photographs may have basic post processing such as cropping, levels, contrast saturation etc. No montages, blending, HDR etc. In other words keep it simple

The person who sets the theme gets the last word on eligibility of a photograph (as long as it conforms to the basic rules).

Rules as laid down for previous comps.

Photographs may have basic post processing such as cropping, levels, contrast saturation etc. No montages, blending, HDR etc. In other words keep it simple

The person who sets the theme gets the last word on eligibility of a photograph (as long as it conforms to the basic rules).

Cheers. Simple will suit me fine. :lol:

Monthly Photo Competition Rules

Each monthly competition runs from the first day of the month to the last day of the month.

Entries must be taken and posted between those dates. A poll for the previous month will run concurrent for the first couple of weeks.

The winner of each monthly competition will chose the theme for the next but one month, i.e. March winner will select May's theme and so on.

People may post more than one photograph in the monthly thread, but only one can go into the poll.

A poll will be organised following the closing date with a brief period of time for people to make their selection if they have posted more than one photo. Voting will remain open for two weeks(ish).

If you post more than one photograph and do not nominate a photograph to go to the poll then your last posted photograph will go to the poll. Please try not to post photographs you do not intend to go to the poll, use the photography thread.

Photographs may have basic post processibg such as cropping, levels, contrast saturation etc. No montages, blending, HDR etc. In other words keep it simple.

It would be helpful if people only post one photograph in each reply to the topic as it makes it easier to identify photographs for the poll.

BORDERS, these need a quick discussion and decision.

Are all borders out or are simple frame borders allowed, what about artistic borders.

My opinion is a simple frame border should be allowed.

i think there have been a few with borders over the last couple of years, probably mine was a bit over the top, but a simple edge border should be allowed.

well it made me feel festive :D and i just noticed it says festive in the background :D

009-2_zpsd6718d24.jpg fancy dress