Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Coates

Season ticket price comparison

40 posts in this topic

When you see it presented like that Tom it's clear to see that a Dewsbury season ticket it very good value yet again.

Think the York price is wrong plus at York you get a shirt for £30 instead off full price.

I'm pleased with the price of our season tickets I think it is very good value. Do swinton get something else with their ticket?

Yes, a free replica shirt. But that's the only option - there's no 'ticket only' package.

Fair enough still seems a bit pricey though. I'm guessing you could buy a SL season ticket for that.

Fair enough still seems a bit pricey though. I'm guessing you could buy a SL season ticket for that.

Thanks Tom. I think that the conundrum here is that our season tickets are good value, but still represent a hike from last time.£160 to watch the Doggies........it's making my eyes water just thinking about that !

Thanks Tom. I think that the conundrum here is that our season tickets are good value, but still represent a hike from last time.£160 to watch the Doggies........it's making my eyes water just thinking about that !

Wouldn't pay £3(i'm 15) to watch the poodles, never mind £160

Don't quite get the top and bottom business...

Don't quite get the top and bottom business...

Top is most expensive season ticket, bottom is cheapest.

Thanks for that.

But really - The club are still scamming kids too young to stand.

Well it's certainly not a scam, even if you think it's expensive!

The kids season ticket is great value for money at £25. It can be used for home and away league matches, home and away Challenge Cup matches up to and including the quarter-finals, and you can sit down.

Well it's certainly not a scam, even if you think it's expensive!

The kids season ticket is great value for money at £25. It can be used for home and away league matches, home and away Challenge Cup matches up to and including the quarter-finals, and you can sit down.

Though the season ticket is great value (whilst still not as good as Huddersfield) matchday prices which effect not just the casual fan, but the attraction of new and potentialy away fans, reamins (I believe) prohibitively high.

I raise this issue every year and so a long discussion is not needed, but if you could pass my comments onto the club I'd be grateful.

The usual blah blah kids prices blah blah the future blah blah cater specifically for me blah blah

Though the season ticket is great value (whilst still not as good as Huddersfield) matchday prices which effect not just the casual fan, but the attraction of new and potentialy away fans, reamins (I believe) prohibitively high.

I raise this issue every year and so a long discussion is not needed, but if you could pass my comments onto the club I'd be grateful.

OK. Will pass your comments on.

Depends on where you live as to whether a giants ticket is good value funkmaster. Take into account petrol, parking and the extortionate price of refreshments, and I doubt if it will be cheaper over all than the rams deal. Add to that the extra hours travelling time and the prospect of sitting in an empty soul less mausoleum with a bunch of chip shouldered, fairweather supporters, and it's no competition.

Funkmaster - you could always go to Cougar Park and pay £200.00 for a Season Ticket to sit in a leaky old Wooden Stand

and better still be scammed for £35.00 for the Childs Ticket.

Incidentally, why do you believe that the Matchday Prices are higher at the Rams than at other clubs?

Our nearest club Batley - £3 for children to sit

Our nearest Superleague club (Giants) Free for kids to sit.

Dewsbury Rams - £9 for a child to sit

Go to Batley on matchday and there are plenty of kids about, go to Huddersfield and you can barely move for them - Come to Dewsbury and they are largely absent apart from those with the dieharders.

Personally, If it was a Sunday morning and I was looking for something to do with my three kids that afternoon, and rugby sprang to mind - Tell me exactly why I should pay £27 for them at Dewsbury when Batley is less than a tenner and Huddersfield is free.

Imagine if you was a travelling fan and skint, and had to weigh up Dewsbury away or Batley for instance or just a casual fan looking for some sport. The fact is you don't have to be a genius to realise Dewsbury would probably not be your top choice. Like I said, we have this every year and there is no need for it again. The kids season ticket is an excellent move by the club, but charging a child £9 to sit down, and increasing their standing gate by £7 when an adult is increased by just £2 - is, in my opinion a bad move by the club and really, considering the local competition, a bit daft.

But all of that works on the assumption that these people will insist their kids sit down. Take that out of the equation and we're probably the among cheapest around.

Hope the matchday prices don't keep you or your family away!

But all of that works on the assumption that these people will insist their kids sit down. Take that out of the equation and we're probably the among cheapest around.

Hope the matchday prices don't keep you or your family away!

Absolutely, but the problem Tom, is that those that will require a seat, will likely be those with less of an interest in the game - A 6 year old for example. And so when it is already hassle taking a young kid, the price will tip the balance for some.