Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry Mullaney

Lower That Drawbridge, The Rovers are Coming!

25 posts in this topic

It's the RFLs fault. Oh, wait... :lol:

Great news for the club. :D

Good stuff.

Fev making progress.............................

Posted · Hidden by John Drake, December 2, 2012 - off topic personal axe grinding

This os an obvious lie, the RFL would never help a #### like Fev in any way shape or form.

Its true Fev supporters on here keep telling me.

Posted · Hidden by John Drake, December 2, 2012 - off topic personal axe grinding

This os an obvious lie, the RFL would never help a #### like Fev in any way shape or form.

Its true Fev supporters on here keep telling me.

I've won my bet, thanks Padge

Glad you have,

Any comment on thr RFL helping out a club they want to destroy.

Great news, hope Fev are able to attract new supporters as a result.

Bit worried though by the bit in the press release saying

"The Championship club applied to the Trust for support for a new stand project", hoping you don't receive a pile of recycled Yellow Pages!

It s great news for Fev and a CC team has been promised a SL place at the next licencing period. This must make them favourites for that spot.

If it happens that would leave 3 SL clubs in the Wakefield metro area. If they promote Fev they have to demote an existing club. It might not be such good news for Cas if they have money troubles and stadium issues.

well are the RFL doing theior damndest to do non SL clubs down or aren't they? According to you and the usual suspects clubs like Rovers are being 'left to rot'.

as for the drawbridge, it's never been raised. If it had been there would be no liocensing system to work towards in the first place.

When Rovers first applied for this money the project was already underway. Normally funding is only granted for new projects. The RFL bent the rules on Rovers behalf in granting this money because of the nature of the project. I wonder how you and 'others' would have reacted if this priviledge had been afforded another club-well I don't actually.

This fine project is a tribute to people such as Paul Coventry and others, who instead of whingeing, blaming 'outside influences',' playing the victim', and that old chestnut 'protesting in the strongest possible terms', had ideas and the determination and ability to turn them into reality.

I wish my old club all the best for the future whatever that future holds.

Well done Fev keep working hard moving forward and when we do apply we should be in a position to make the move if we are better than anyone who is already in S/L I am not a fan that moans about not been in the top flight we were not ready and it was up to us all to do our bit whether its buy a season ticket be on the BOD or be a volunteer at the club. Things are good at the moment we have a BOD that are forward thinking a coach that is good as some S/L coaches and the ground is been upgraded and it will still belong to Fev when it's finished. If we continue as we are we should be ok next time but as we all know the present S/L clubs are working together about the future of the game so we will all have to see what happens as the championship clubs are not involved

Roll on 2013 and lets have another good season on and off the field

Well done Fev keep working hard moving forward and when we do apply we should be in a position to make the move if we are better than anyone who is already in S/L I am not a fan that moans about not been in the top flight we were not ready and it was up to us all to do our bit whether its buy a season ticket be on the BOD or be a volunteer at the club. Things are good at the moment we have a BOD that are forward thinking a coach that is good as some S/L coaches and the ground is been upgraded and it will still belong to Fev when it's finished. If we continue as we are we should be ok next time but as we all know the present S/L clubs are working together about the future of the game so we will all have to see what happens as the championship clubs are not involved

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more. There are many fine, hard working people at Featherstone who deserve to see their amazing efforts and expertise rewarded. If we don't reach our target of SL then it certainly won't be for the lack of trying. Congratulations to all concerned and well done the RFL for recognising the future potential of this great club.

Have Oldham applied? They would seem to be the next club to benefit if there is capital available in that fund.

Maybe Workington should have applied in conjunction with the £400k so far earmarked for a facelift to the old stadium for the World Cup.

Have Oldham applied? They would seem to be the next club to benefit if there is capital available in that fund.

Maybe Workington should have applied in conjunction with the £400k so far earmarked for a facelift to the old stadium for the World Cup.

Workington are already on the list of clubs assisted.

The following clubs have been funded by the RFL Facilities Trust:

Hunslet

Saddleworth Rangers

Thatto Heath Crusaders

Hemel Hempstead

Dewsbury Rams

Workington

St Jude’s

Featherstone

Birkenshaw

Birstall Victoria

Burtonwood Bulldogs

Chorley Panthers

East Leeds

Haydock

Hull Isberg

Leigh Miners Rangers

Newsome Panthers

St Joseph's Sharks

Stanningley Sports & Amateur Rugby League Club

Thatto Heath Crusaders

Thornhill Trojans

Wigan St Patricks

well are the RFL doing theior damndest to do non SL clubs down or aren't they? According to you and the usual suspects clubs like Rovers are being 'left to rot'.

as for the drawbridge, it's never been raised. If it had been there would be no liocensing system to work towards in the first place.

When Rovers first applied for this money the project was already underway. Normally funding is only granted for new projects. The RFL bent the rules on Rovers behalf in granting this money because of the nature of the project. I wonder how you and 'others' would have reacted if this priviledge had been afforded another club-well I don't actually.

This fine project is a tribute to people such as Paul Coventry and others, who instead of whingeing, blaming 'outside influences',' playing the victim', and that old chestnut 'protesting in the strongest possible terms', had ideas and the determination and ability to turn them into reality.

I wish my old club all the best for the future whatever that future holds.

Great many thanks iv won my bet, back like a bad smell, i reckon the 150k is peanuts to what they owe us and so do many others.

Whats your views on people that avoid tax by getting free passes into matches?

Whats your views on people that avoid tax by getting free passes into matches?

ho does that work?

are you suggesting that the entire Rugby League media, club employees(paid and unpaid) and so on are avoiding paying taxes?

people who are accredited media representatives are issued with passes by the governing body as in most of not all sports, people who work for clubs on matchdays or through the week don't generally pay to get into game. This because they providfe a service to the club often at great expense to themselves often if not always saving money for the club or earning money for the club.

How people who are often unpaid are avoiding taxesin the way you allege is very unclear, and how they are somehow not entitled to this as some smal recognition for the work that they do plumbs depths of pettiness and small mindenness.

i reckon the 150k is peanuts to what they owe us and so do many others.

Beat me too it Lowefield, if people think by giving us 150k then all of a sudden my opinions are going to change then they are mistake.

Why do the RFL owe Fev money? (genuine question)

Great many thanks iv won my bet, back like a bad smell, i reckon the 150k is peanuts to what they owe us and so do many others.

Would you mind taking a little time to explain your points in more detail?

1. What's this about a bad smell?

2. Who owes you what? Are you meaning the world owns you a living?

3. Who or what are these "many others"?

What people should be doing is helping the club and backing them moving forward Lets all stick together keep improving and see what happens What the RFL do is up to them but if we are to move up we need to nuckle down improve and put a plan together that shows we could be better than what is there already and I think we are doing that

ho does that work?

are you suggesting that the entire Rugby League media, club employees(paid and unpaid) and so on are avoiding paying taxes?

people who are accredited media representatives are issued with passes by the governing body as in most of not all sports, people who work for clubs on matchdays or through the week don't generally pay to get into game. This because they providfe a service to the club often at great expense to themselves often if not always saving money for the club or earning money for the club.

How people who are often unpaid are avoiding taxesin the way you allege is very unclear, and how they are somehow not entitled to this as some smal recognition for the work that they do plumbs depths of pettiness and small mindenness.

call it what you will, its tax avoidence

Feeling a bit on t'glum side last weekend. Then we had a buzzing fans forum on Wednesday then this.

Great news for the club. Testimony to those who put this app together.