Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bearman

Have we looked at this fund?

27 posts in this topic

no..the last we heard a week ago no grants have been applied for and i believe the next application for a grant is going to be in march 2013.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Application for round three of the Inspired Facilities grant was September 2012 with award in December 2012. Round four application has to be in for March 2013. There was no reason why we could not have applied for the grant in September and if failed applied again in March.

There is less money in the pot for round four and more applications expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Application for round three of the Inspired Facilities grant was September 2012 with award in December 2012. Round four application has to be in for March 2013. There was no reason why we could not have applied for the grant in September and if failed applied again in March.

There is less money in the pot for round four and more applications expected.

We missed the boat then,great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting bored of reading the venomous post that Neil and Mike are putting on this forum.. If the grants should of been applied for by September why was it not in place and sorted while Mike was still vice chairman as you both seem to know so much about the process?

Do you both realise that every post you write that has a little dig at the board damages the chances of potential sponsors who are looking at investing money in the club. So I think it time to stop bitching and let those who are doing their best do it and when they feel the need to inform us of a major development be grateful.

Last night was very informative and everyone are doing their best to raise the money. We have a vice-president member and more to come and so on, I'm not going into detail of what was said because if people wanted to know what was said you should of turned up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just because I personally couldnt make it due having another 'DO' on the same night you dont want me to know what was said last night !!!!!! Sorry Paul but we are all equal supporters whether we could make it last night or not :angry: .

I hope someone will post a thread telling those of us who couldnt be bothered ;) to attend the quiz night what was said ?

Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just because I personally couldnt make it due having another 'DO' on the same night you dont want me to know what was said last night !!!!!! Sorry Paul but we are all equal supporters whether we could make it last night or not :angry: .

I hope someone will post a thread telling those of us who couldnt be bothered ;) to attend the quiz night what was said ?

Lee

I too would love to attend these meetings, but it would cost me £50 plus an overnight hotel. I'd rather use that money to travel up for games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting bored of reading the venomous post that Neil and Mike are putting on this forum.. If the grants should of been applied for by September why was it not in place and sorted while Mike was still vice chairman as you both seem to know so much about the process?

Do you both realise that every post you write that has a little dig at the board damages the chances of potential sponsors who are looking at investing money in the club. So I think it time to stop bitching and let those who are doing their best do it and when they feel the need to inform us of a major development be grateful.

Last night was very informative and everyone are doing their best to raise the money. We have a vice-president member and more to come and so on, I'm not going into detail of what was said because if people wanted to know what was said you should of turned up.

well said paul

So just because I personally couldnt make it due having another 'DO' on the same night you dont want me to know what was said last night !!!!!! Sorry Paul but we are all equal supporters whether we could make it last night or not :angry: .

I hope someone will post a thread telling those of us who couldnt be bothered ;) to attend the quiz night what was said ?

Lee

from the above post i dont think this was aimed at the likes of you and i lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just because I personally couldnt make it due having another 'DO' on the same night you dont want me to know what was said last night !!!!!! Sorry Paul but we are all equal supporters whether we could make it last night or not :angry: .

I hope someone will post a thread telling those of us who couldnt be bothered ;) to attend the quiz night what was said ?

Lee

Good post.

Seems to me that those that are able to attend each and every match/function somehow have the right to look down their noses at those who can't for whatever reason attend. Don't forget 'tis Christmas time as shown by the function being named XMAS QUIZ, so many people are attending XMAS stuff. In my case I had a choice between the XMAS QUIZ NIGHT, my shift night out at the Newby Bridge Hotel and attending my niece's 30th Birthday in Keswick at which my missus was doing the catering. Guess which one I attended.

This reminds me of the DVD's that were on sale at The Rugby Shop which were cheaper for season ticket holders than for the rest of us shift workers, out of town workers and supporters because for some reason we are deemed lesser people because we haven't bought a season ticket due to the fact that it dosen't make financial sence to us. :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting bored of reading the venomous post that Neil and Mike are putting on this forum.. If the grants should of been applied for by September why was it not in place and sorted while Mike was still vice chairman as you both seem to know so much about the process?

Do you both realise that every post you write that has a little dig at the board damages the chances of potential sponsors who are looking at investing money in the club. So I think it time to stop bitching and let those who are doing their best do it and when they feel the need to inform us of a major development be grateful.

Last night was very informative and everyone are doing their best to raise the money. We have a vice-president member and more to come and so on, I'm not going into detail of what was said because if people wanted to know what was said you should of turned up.

tell me where the venom is in my quote Paul. A question was asked and I answered it..show me where I had a dig or did I just state the facts.

you say your getting fed up..I'm getting pist off with people saying im having a dig at the BoD every post i submit..stop looking too deep into my posts

perhaps i should just start spouting ###### and lies like some other people on here.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm getting bored of reading the venomous post that Neil and Mike are putting on this forum.. If the grants should of been applied for by September why was it not in place and sorted while Mike was still vice chairman as you both seem to know so much about the process?" quote Paul

I was director of rugby and vice chairman, Eric Wood was supposed to be looking into grants originally as his job on the board. Neil worked with the RFL and gave all the information to Keith Nutter regarding the grants available who has said on this forum that he was told that it was not worth submitting the application until the march 2013 deadline, for what reason I do not know but im sure Keith will explain this to you. It was not my remit while on the board to look at grants and fundraising these issues were and I assume are being looked after by some of the 11 other board members who did not have an individual role to fulfill. I have never professed to know about the grant application as I was too busy dealing with the rugby development, team, backroom staff, salary cap, overseas sponsorship, CP2, RFL returns, proposals for the board restructure and other tasks given to me by my Chairman. All while travelling to Aberdeen and back during my working week!

Im sorry if you think I did not do enough when i was on the board and if you knew why I am concerned about certain things that are still relevent to me financially you would understand some of my comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's fair enough Mike but why make it public? Go and talk to the BoD about your worries, why post it on here?? Is it you feel the need to knock them down.

You stepped down a few months back so why are things "Relevant to you financially"?? It's great you sponsor the club and I'm sure everyone is grateful, I am and I would do the same if I had a company or a business but surely the clubs finances are nothing to do with you now, do you know what is happening behind closed doors since you departed, do you know what money has come in since you left? If so WHY?

it's great everyone is trying to push the club in the right direction but sometimes the post Neil and yourself submit (I and I'm sure others will agree) read like your trying to rock the boat, and that it why I see them as venomous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not feel I need to knock them down as I know I justified my position on the board. I want them all to take a proactive role in the running of the club, however this is not the case and the fundraising is a point of concern as there are certain monies that I have, along with the rest of the board, guaranteed. I am no longer privy to the accounts and have to wait until the AGM as do the rest of you which as a guarantor worries me.

I want to see ALL board members that currently do not have a defined role or responsibility actively fundraising and not leaving it to the few who are engaged in other matters of club business. If we are to have 12 board members all with equal status then they need to be productive.

I wanted to start a season long raffle with prizes that didn’t all involve rugby but i was told it would interfere with the great duck race, what a success that was! I believe now that Keith Nutter is organising one for next season which is great but all these events need financial risk management, plans, completion dates, regular reviews etc.

I hope now that Dave Sharp is Chairman the board will start to look at the club as a business being run in the 21st century and that they must look to modern business management practises. That is why we need clearly defined roles and responsibilities throughout the board and this cannot happen while you have the ability to have 12 directors of equal status. In all walks of life there are people who thrive on responsibility and accountability and these people on the board must lead the other members.

It is not the board that is the issue it’s the structure and make up of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick PS...

Look at the successful clubs in our league. They are run by businessmen with proven success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting bored of reading the venomous post that Neil and Mike are putting on this forum.. If the grants should of been applied for by September why was it not in place and sorted while Mike was still vice chairman as you both seem to know so much about the process?

Do you both realise that every post you write that has a little dig at the board damages the chances of potential sponsors who are looking at investing money in the club. So I think it time to stop bitching and let those who are doing their best do it and when they feel the need to inform us of a major development be grateful.

Last night was very informative and everyone are doing their best to raise the money. We have a vice-president member and more to come and so on, I'm not going into detail of what was said because if people wanted to know what was said you should of turned up.

Paul

I was one of a few that broke the silecne during 2011 on concerns of what was happening behind the scenes at the club. I was one of the few that steped forward and put hundreds of hours of time in to saving a club t was facing certain closure and loss of the ground. I put the buisness plan tigether that the current BoD followed even after my departure. I stepped down as Cheif Financial officer as i was disapointed in the action /lack of action form the BoD. i was the one that put the information together and submited it in time for the floodlights to allow the club to be promoted.

You have every right to voice your opinion on here as do I. But one thing that i will not do is bury my head in the sand. good ideas have been bounced about right throughout 2012 yet the results were poor. The money raised by the suporters club is vital towards the goal of new floodlights but as i have harped on about for long enough, Ideas are only good if they have the right people to drive them forward.

I would rather voice my opinion and concerns now than wait untill its too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul

I was one of a few that broke the silecne during 2011 on concerns of what was happening behind the scenes at the club. I was one of the few that steped forward and put hundreds of hours of time in to saving a club t was facing certain closure and loss of the ground. I put the buisness plan tigether that the current BoD followed even after my departure. I stepped down as Cheif Financial officer as i was disapointed in the action /lack of action form the BoD. i was the one that put the information together and submited it in time for the floodlights to allow the club to be promoted.

You have every right to voice your opinion on here as do I. But one thing that i will not do is bury my head in the sand. good ideas have been bounced about right throughout 2012 yet the results were poor. The money raised by the suporters club is vital towards the goal of new floodlights but as i have harped on about for long enough, Ideas are only good if they have the right people to drive them forward.

I would rather voice my opinion and concerns now than wait untill its too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil, I and everyone else knows what a good job Mike and yourself did in helping the club but now it just reads like you both have a agenda since leaving.. The BoD is now restructured and we don't know who is doing what but like you, I would like to think everybody has a role to play but with yourself and I not being in the board room, who are we (and others) to make judgement on what members are doing and not doing. If come the end of 2013 and we don't have the flood lights then we get relegated until we have them and gain promotion back to the championship. Surely it's not the end of the world or the club.

Why not try being positive and spread a good word or two about the club and those trying their best to do all they can, you never know it could attract new sponsors which helps everybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul

There has been several letters sent by myslef to the BoD both during and after my role as Cheif Financial Officer. If we only needed to raise funds for the floodlights then i would not be as worried , as you say we would just get relegated if the funds wernt raised. Funds need to be raised for other issue in the club and it isnt going to happen going by the past 12 months.

I also look at the reality that 2013 is going to be a hard year for clubs and buisnesses alike.

I would love to be more posotive on the forum and i will be the first to congradulate anyone for raising funds. Sorry but somtimes reality bites back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul you accuse me and Neil of being negative...if we get relegated due to floodlights do you have any notion as to the financial consequences of that! We MUST have those floodlights and time is running out fast. I fail to see why there is only me and Neil asking the board what is happening and how much have we raised to date?

Every month that passes without raising money means the following month we have to raise £26,000.00 month after, £36,000.00 the month after that and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Application for round three of the Inspired Facilities grant was September 2012 with award in December 2012. Round four application has to be in for March 2013. There was no reason why we could not have applied for the grant in September and if failed applied again in March.

There is less money in the pot for round four and more applications expected.

The money Fev secured wan't from the Inspired Facilities Fund which is operated by Sport England lottery fund. The £150k they have received is from the RFL Facilities Trust which is a fund set up to help grassroots and other rugby league facilities be improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can we not apply to the RFL for this facilities trust from them then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the website it says they do loans too. Even a loan would help if it moves the timescale from next year to 2 or 3 years down the line giving more time to raise the money to fund the lights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the website it says they do loans too. Even a loan would help if it moves the timescale from next year to 2 or 3 years down the line giving more time to raise the money to fund the lights.

I spoke to the RFL in early March 2012 about the Facilities Trust and met with the person responsible for this funding at Craven Park in late March 2012 to discuss the matter in detail. There was no money available then as it had all been allocated from what was in essence a small pot anyway. We must wait until early 2013 to see what money is allocated to the RFL via Sport England before we know whether or not the pot will be again available next year. At my recent meeting with the RFL I lodged an expression of interest regarding this fund for 2013 and have an application form made out and ready to submit.

Personally I believe that the Facilities Trust is possibly our best chance on the grant front as I can find no evidence of any professional club succeeding with an Inspired Funding Sport England Grant application - though as stated earlier we will still be going for it under guidance from the RFL.

I have no idea what percentage of grant applications (for any grant) are successful but one thing is for sure we cannot rely on getting one. The money must be raised from other sources if possible. If we get "too much" money (LOL) then the excess will hopefully help with other ground upgrades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Rugby League World - April 2017

League Express - Mon 10th April 2017