Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

League Express

33 posts in this topic

LEAGUE EXPRESS - ISSUE 2839 - MON 3 DEC 2012

Get the online edition here.

main_rlle.jpg

Online Poll: Of these players listed below who have now retired, which will be most missed by their club in 2013?

George Carmont (Wigan)

David Ferriol (Catalan)

Chris Flannery (St Helens)

Thomas Leuluai (Wigan)

Danny Orr (Castleford)

Luke Patten (Salford)

Vote online at www.totalrl.com

thats a disgraceful cover pic john, a pig a hypocrite and a philanderer.....................

thats a disgraceful cover pic john, a pig a hypocrite and a philanderer.....................

Really? :unsure:

I don't pick the covers for League Express, but all I see on there are three internationally famous sportsmen who play at the venue of the Rugby League World Cup final helping to promote the tournament by being seen in a picture with the trophy.

Of course all RL players that have ever featured on the cover of League Express have absolutely immaculate personal lives

Bloody hell. If it was up to some RL fans, we'd have no sponsors and anyone seen endorsing the game would have to be a saint.

Check out a few RL biographies, many RL players are hardly examples to follow.

LEAGUE EXPRESS - ISSUE 2839 - MON 3 DEC 2012

Get the online edition here.

main_rlle.jpg

Online Poll: Of these players listed below who have now retired, which will be most missed by their club in 2013?

George Carmont (Wigan)

David Ferriol (Catalan)

Chris Flannery (St Helens)

Thomas Leuluai (Wigan)

Danny Orr (Castleford)

Luke Patten (Salford)

Vote online at www.totalrl.com

Out of the three who is the odd man out.

Out of the three who is the odd man out.

Rio, the other two have had hair transplants?

Rios the only one who hasn't had a news story about him cheating?

Anyways I'd say leuleuai, then followed by patten although the first one isn't retiring.

Ryan Giggs was a schoolboy rugby league player, played rep rugby for Manchester schools and Lancashire schools, his dad is Danny Wilson former Swinton player.

One of them's not past it...

Really? :unsure:

I don't pick the covers for League Express, but all I see on there are three internationally famous sportsmen who play at the venue of the Rugby League World Cup final helping to promote the tournament by being seen in a picture with the trophy.

Hmmm... All I see is three Manchester United players and the word "United". I feel sick. ;):D

Rios the only one who hasn't had a news story about him cheating?

Anyways I'd say leuleuai, then followed by patten although the first one isn't retiring.

only an 8 month drugs ban...............................

only an 8 month drugs ban...............................

He didn't cheat he only missed a test didn't he? I was also referring to women rather than drugs but fair point.

He didn't cheat he only missed a test didn't he? I was also referring to women rather than drugs but fair point.

advised to miss the test and go missing for 48 hours to allow the charlie to get out of his system, an 8 month ban was deemed better than a 2 year ban foe a current england international. at least RL is honest and up front about drug cheats regardless of who they are............

advised to miss the test and go missing for 48 hours to allow the charlie to get out of his system, an 8 month ban was deemed better than a 2 year ban foe a current england international. at least RL is honest and up front about drug cheats regardless of who they are............

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The only bad thing about the front cover of League Express is that it is three soccer players rather than real sportspeople, such as Olympic/Paralympic medalists. Pity it had to be three soccer players. Makes us look a bit desperate. But perhaps we are!

Anyway, as for the poll, I put Leuluai because he was a fabulous player and critical for Wigan long before Tomkins came on the scene. As a Saints fan I'm glad he has gone because whenever we played Wigan we could guarantee that Leuluai would cause us problems, even in the days when Wigan were pants. He would always up his game against us. But even though he played for Wigan, he was a player I really respected.

How are soccer players not sports people? Fair enough a small minority of them have poor lifestyles, but to become a premier league footballer takes a hell of a lot of dedication. How does it make us look desperate with 3 of the most recognisable sportsmen in the uk on the front of our paper?

How are soccer players not sports people? Fair enough a small minority of them have poor lifestyles, but to become a premier league footballer takes a hell of a lot of dedication. How does it make us look desperate with 3 of the most recognisable sportsmen in the uk on the front of our paper?

Completely agree. They aren't just any old players either but possibly the 3 most recognisable too. Certainly Rooney is. Its no mean achievement to get the pic at all.

If three of the most recognisable players from one of the biggest sporting clubs in the entire world is now considered "desperate" I really do despair. If it had been three reserve players who only ever get on in the league cup against league 2 opposition it might be close to having a point...