Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Severus

Dutch linesman dies after attack by players

31 posts in this topic

All those that are taking the moral high ground should go try and watch under 15's RL, I've seen teenage refs threatened by 50 year old men, that are supposed to be coaches. Same men threatening under 15's players. I've been asahmed to follow the sport sometimes. As an earlier poster said, idiots are everywhere it's not just football. Get of your high horses. One thing I hate about RL is the holier than thou attitude. No wonder no one takes us seriously. We are no better than any other sport, just different.

Of course it does. However, it is not endemic in other sports like it is in soccer.

or cycling.

or horse racing.

or boxing

or weightlifting

or athletics

or....

or...

All those that are taking the moral high ground should go try and watch under 15's RL, I've seen teenage refs threatened by 50 year old men, that are supposed to be coaches. Same men threatening under 15's players. I've been asahmed to follow the sport sometimes. As an earlier poster said, idiots are everywhere it's not just football. Get of your high horses. One thing I hate about RL is the holier than thou attitude. No wonder no one takes us seriously. We are no better than any other sport, just different.

One look at the Yorkshire Junior league discipline sheet is enough to turn anyone off the sport. Spectators and coaches manhandling and abusing under 10s, referees being threatened, under 8s games being abandoned.

80% of this ###### is adults - relatively little is the players, and some of their offences are incited by the coaches and supporter behaviour.

One look at the Yorkshire Junior league discipline sheet is enough to turn anyone off the sport. Spectators and coaches manhandling and abusing under 10s, referees being threatened, under 8s games being abandoned.

80% of this ###### is adults - relatively little is the players, and some of their offences are incited by the coaches and supporter behaviour.

Spot on.Heard of one game where the ref was walking off and the kids kept playing,no arguments,no fighting just kids enjoying the game,all the while parents were arguing left ,right and centre and this was an u8's game.

A couple of severely punished criminal convictions would assist in this area.

My nephew's son is a rugby league referee and who has told me of the appalling verbal abuse that he has suffered, although he hasn't encountered any physical attack.