Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornetto

Salford Trouble/Salford Takeover

542 posts in this topic

The introduction of P&R was slagged off when introduced, a lot of clubs hated it and saw it as their ruin.

Bramley detested it.

Dick Gibson one of the directors said to me it would be the death of the club.

Anyone remember Bramley??

Just another money making scheme that's all.

God forbid professional RL should try to make money Gaz?

God forbid professional RL should try to make money Gaz?

I wouldn't mind if some of it was filtered down parksider or some of it pumped back into our league. The greedy sods in SL keep it for themselves. And still teams are going bust just makes you laugh doesn't it.

I don't agree with no P&R but that is the rule. But back then it wasn't so no I don't think they should of had 3 year but I also don't think a lot of the rest should be having 3 year after 3 year either. Same as I don't agree with the champions being the GF winners the champions should be the league winners IMO but hey they are the rules. Just another money making scheme that's all.

So every bonkers chairman with enough money to buy promotion but not enough money to pay for an SL place should be allowed to cause immense damage to a club just for his own one season ego.

It's the salary cap being too high and the resources in terms of fans and players being too low for the number of clubs

That sounds more like a plan to kill all the donkeys to me rather than one to fix the games problems.

So every bonkers chairman with enough money to buy promotion but not enough money to pay for an SL place should be allowed to cause immense damage to a club just for his own one season ego.

Any club that deserves the right to be promoted I. E GF winners as the rules stand should be aloud the chance yes.

Fax Leigh or us would have done just as good if not better

Gaz, Mr. Wilkinson and his partner Mr. Clague put £millions into Salford over the years

Fax, Leigh and Fev over the whole period of SL did not have anyone to put £millions in so no they would NOT have done better than Salford.

You don't seem to want to grasp the idea that the more money a club has the better you do in Rugby League.

I can remember all the times Jerry Mason or Graham Liles pumped thousands into Hunslet and we got promoted as a result, and the times when they were skint and didn't put any money in and we were struggling not to come bottom of division 2.

Forget good and bad management, it's a red herring. It's all about money.

Gaz, Mr. Wilkinson and his partner Mr. Clague put £millions into Salford over the years

Fax, Leigh and Fev over the whole period of SL did not have anyone to put £millions in so no they would NOT have done better than Salford.

You don't seem to want to grasp the idea that the more money a club has the better you do in Rugby League.

I can remember all the times Jerry Mason or Graham Liles pumped thousands into Hunslet and we got promoted as a result, and the times when they were skint and didn't put any money in and we were struggling not to come bottom of division 2.

Forget good and bad management, it's a red herring. It's all about money.

It's always been the same the more money you have the better you do but maybe not at the moment with the salary cap because IMO that makes it more of a level playing field. Also IMO with no relegation no club should be going bust in SL.

It's all about money.

Haven't I heard that somewhere before?

I wouldn't mind if some of it was filtered down parksider or some of it pumped back into our league. The greedy sods in SL keep it for themselves.

Gaz. SKY will only allow the SL clubs to have the money, how does that make them greedy?

It's always been the same the more money you have the better you do but maybe not at the moment with the salary cap because IMO that makes it more of a level playing field. Also IMO with no relegation no club should be going bust in SL.

The salary cap isn't set at a level to stop clubs going bust, the clubs themselves scrapped that idea years ago.

The salary cap allows any club to overspend by as much as they can, regardless of the damage caused. That's what the clubs wanted that is what the clubs got.

Gaz. SKY will only allow the SL clubs to have the money, how does that make them greedy?

Your telling me the SL clubs and the RFL didn't have a say in it? You've got to be having a laugh. The SL clubs and the RFL pee in the same pot their up each others backsides.

It's always been the same the more money you have the better you do

THANK YOU that is why busted flushes like London, Salford and Hull.K.R. get in superleague because rich men gave them millions.

That is why superb clubs like Fev, Fax and Leigh cannot compete with rubbish clubs who have rich owners.

Fev beat Cas, neither club has any money so it was an even contest.

Money, money, money, money, money etc etc...

Your telling me the SL clubs and the RFL didn't have a say in it? You've got to be having a laugh. The SL clubs and the RFL pee in the same pot their up each others backsides.

Oh dear, you seem to have been asleep for a long while Snow White.

SKY wanted to screen elite RL that meant a small professional league. They paid the money to get the product they wanted.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

The piper had no alternatives.

THANK YOU that is why busted flushes like London, Salford and Hull.K.R. get in superleague because rich men gave them millions.

That is why superb clubs like Fev, Fax and Leigh cannot compete with rubbish clubs who have rich owners.

Fev beat Cas, neither club has any money so it was an even contest.

Money, money, money, money, money etc etc...

We have got money probably more than c@s. But for you to say it was an even contest that's not a comment we shouldn't have got anywhere near them Never mind beat them. There is a bigger gulf between champ one and champ two than their Is between the bottom of SL and top of the champ.Also the champ is more competitive and more entertaining to watch.

All most of us want is to watch our team play rugby - I will accept any division

I just wish to know if we will have any sort of club to follow next season

Mr. Wilkinson would only accept SL.

So you may have no club because JW may have gambled it away on Barton.

All these rich people pick up clubs with the intention of taking them to the top, and will take whatever gambles they can after all you can always go into administration. The fans don't complain, they love the ride but cry when it hits the buffers.

There are some clubs who will give you what you want Mr. Hound.

Batley are one of them.

We have got money probably more than c@s. But for you to say it was an even contest we shouldn't have got anywhere near them Never mind beat them.

Why not? You have players many of whom have played SL? That's what top CC teams do they get the best SL rejects.

Castleford did not have any top players because the rich clubs bought them all, apart from Chase.

On the day your excellent coach got your lads to see to Chase and you won.

Great one off win.

Sure Cas were the professional team and fitter, but you gave your all that day and then a week or two on it showed when you let Sheffield score 60.

We have got money probably more than c@s. But for you to say it was an even contest that's not a comment we shouldn't have got anywhere near them Never mind beat them. There is a bigger gulf between champ one and champ two than their Is between the bottom of SL and top of the champ.Also the champ is more competitive and more entertaining to watch.

There is always a an opposite to probably and that is probably not, when you say probably what you are saying really is I hope.

There is always a an opposite to probably and that is probably not, when you say probably what you are saying really is I hope.

I dont know how much they have got.But if i was a betting man i would say we have more than them.But i dont care whos got the millionaires,whos got the best ground and whos got the biggest fan base etc if you win the GF you should get promoted end of.

I dont know how much they have got.But if i was a betting man i would say we have more than them.But i dont care whos got the millionaires,whos got the best ground and whos got the biggest fan base etc if you win the GF you should bve promoted end of.

So give me some figures, how much more have you got?

Where is it coming from?

Breakdown of each clubs finances, perchance?

Do you have relatively more because of the division you play in?

That sounds more like a plan to kill all the donkeys to me rather than one to fix the games problems.

What plan is that you speak of good sir??

Is it my suggestion to lower the salary cap, thus more can afford it and compete in SL. Simplistic stuff but correct in principle and isolation.

I'll suggest it again and again until people engage in it rather than default to "Superleague is rubbish, Licensing is rubbish, bring back P & R" :D

So give me some figures, how much more have you got?

Where is it coming from?

Breakdown of each clubs finances, perchance?

Do you have relatively more because of the division you play in?

All i will say is if we went into SL tomorrow we would stay there even if P&R came back.Im very confident of our finances that once we get in SL we will stay there.But like ive said before were not ready yet.But we will be when the next licensing comes into play.We are losing 100k a season but still can afford to pay out the full salary cap {we are the only team in our league to be paying the full cap this season}

What plan is that you speak of good sir??

Is it my suggestion to lower the salary cap, thus more can afford it and compete in SL. Simplistic stuff but correct in principle and isolation.

I'll suggest it again and again until people engage in it rather than default to "Superleague is rubbish, Licensing is rubbish, bring back P & R" :D

The problem is that you a driving finances down rather than working on bringing finances up.

We don't need ideas to use less money, we need ideas to generate more money.

1. I dont know how much they have got.But if i was a betting man i would say we have more than them.

2. If you win the GF you should get promoted end of.

1. As I understand it Mr. Fulton has put in lump sums of £500K at Cas. I also note Cas have 7,000 paying fans.

Mr Campbell has managed to pop in a couple of hundred grand at Fev AFAIK. Mr. Nahaboo AFAIK has money but is yet to give significant amounts to Fev. Fev have 2,000 fans so I think Cas may have had more money.

2. Think beyond that. Is it fair to kick out the semi pro lads who won it?

Would you have less of a chance staying up if you had one year to get it right then three under licensing??