Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornetto

Salford Trouble/Salford Takeover

542 posts in this topic

As I say once anyone breaks from the debate and starts to launch personal attacks they lose their credibility........

Look in the mirror sunshine at some of your own posts...

IF i'd have donated I'd have asked for my money back. It was supposed to be enough to keep the entity going without being bailed out - the fact it then needed bailing out makes it worse in my eyes.

As said, if the club knew the £500k was not enough and took that cash they were on dodgy territory. its illegal for a company to trade (which is what taking money is!) when knowing you are not a going concern.

But you didn't give any money so why the concern? I did and am not bothered because ultimately the club are still here.

1. First of all the post wasn't intended to insult you.

2. If you are too precious to take this.....

1. Idiotic is an insulting comment

2. Ah no, not at all precious. Call me what you wish I can ignore you. report you, or give it back with interest.

We could also have a beer down in Halifax, we used to go the the Pot 'o Four?? I always liked the plummet line??.

Is that still going??

After we saw Cas.v.Blackpool in the JPST final we ended up in the King Willam. That still going??

I hope Salford step out of SL and rebuild in the championship.

:rolleyes:

I'll bite.

Go on then explain how the championship will enable them to rebuild?

Look in the mirror sunshine at some of your own posts...

My good sir!

My manners are exemplary.....

Thank you for you post and the opportunity to refute it.

Now can we talk RL??

:rolleyes:

I'll bite.

Go on then explain how the championship will enable them to rebuild?

Do you see any championship clubs going bust?

It's just said on radio five live that Salford are going bust and they are 3 million plus in debt didn't know it was that much.

Leigh nearly did last year.

True but what I was getting at is it must be a lot easier to re build in the champ than SL probably not champ one but I would of thought the champ was the best place to re build.

It's just said on radio five live that Salford are going bust and they are 3 million plus in debt didn't know it was that much.

I think about 2.5 million of that is to Salford City Council.

My good sir!

My manners are exemplary.....

Thank you for you post and the opportunity to refute it.

Now can we talk RL??

For a man/woman who claims to be well mannered and an RL fan maybe some humility may help.

You've demonstrated an insensitive attitude to Salford's plight and your avid defence of the way SKY an SL operate sticks in the craw when using Bradford as a justifiable expense to maintain SL as it stands.

Surely even you can see that there are only so many sacrificial lambs before you've decimated your flock.

I think about 2.5 million of that is to Salford City Council.

No wonder they didn't loan them anymore money then.

Fare more quality juniors and far more fans upon which basis the RFL bought the ground.

Ive no doubt that player production & fans didn't escape the attention of thr red hall bean counters but imho the most important word in your post is bought. Salford, AFAIK, have nothing to sell to the rfl and any comparison falls on that point if nothing else. The 'bail out' was actually the purchase of an asset not a purely benevolent gift.

1.5 million to the Council BUT I think John Wilkinson is owed £2 million plus

BBC Interview :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/20029722

Haven't the Council got some paintings as security?

Maybe the fans could have a painting day to help ( sorry just joking )

Whichever way you look at it, it is poor management of the club ( and the same applies to the Bulls, Wakey, crusaders etc)

Leigh nearly did last year.

Did we?

I thought we lost our investor without notice due to his business going pop and reacted to the massive shortfall in income at very short notice to increase revenue streams and avoid the need to go into administration. We sold our assett - Chris Hill - and allowed our expensive coach to leave, running at a dramatically reduced budget in 2012 whilst finishing 2nd in the league and reaching the CC quarters

That is simply great management in the circumstances, and is slightly different to the mis management at many SL clubs who see Administration as the preferred path to build from.

I also enjoy the myth that SL cost Leigh a fortune, it didn't we made a profit. SL at the LSV with the deal we now have and the income streams available, together with the fantastic facilities for spectators makes us a shoe in should the RFL decide to replace Salford if the worst happens and I expect a competitive team in 2014 together with operating profits from the word go.

Yes

I almost won the roll over lottery - well I would have if I had got all 6 numbers and bought a ticket.

I really hope the RFL step in to provide some form of support for salford financial or otherwise. This is just sad to see.

Worst case they should as others have suggested step out of SL the two tiers of 10 looks to be moving into view.

It really does sound late in the day for Salford to go through survival, being taken over, put a team together and make the start of the season if that is what happens.

It is also far too late in the day for any other side to play in SL. There is a real possibility that the season will have to run with 13 clubs. That in itself isn't too bad a scenario - each team gets a week off twice in the season, players have less games to play in the World Cup year, etc.

However the Millenium Magic will be severely disrupted, tickets have already been sold. Play a Championship select side instead? Invite an Aussie club over?

However the Millenium Magic will be severely disrupted, tickets have already been sold. Play a Championship select side instead? Invite an Aussie club over?

Make it the Challenge Cup 1/4 finals or last 16 (venue permitting the extra game) see how it works for a year.

Not a bad idea Shrek.

I have thought previously that the 4 quarter finals would make a good MM type weekend

SL would then run with a 24 game season as opposed to the 27 planned. Jamie Peacock will be happy.

Apologies Salford fans if we are jumping ahead.

The debts do seem too large for someone to take on.

Nearly going bust is a long way from going bust. Just as having financial trouble isn't having no money.

Salford have nothing to offer the RFL, but Salford have a lot to offer their landlords, who if the club go under, stand to have built a huge white elephant. If Salford aren't playing there, and with decent crowds, then Sale will have the problem of nobody to share the service costs with and being a side on a downward with an owner not keen on spending his own any more they will have a the same original problem as Salford.

Salford's problems seem to stem from the greed of the investors in the stadium and the naivety of the current management. They seem to have been offered a peppercorn rent but then got stuffed on a service charge. They also seem to have fallen for the "build it they will come" mentality, they will if they know about it, and they will come back if they have a good experience once they have been.

1.5 million to the Council BUT I think John Wilkinson is owed £2 million plus

BBC Interview :- http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/20029722

According to the Salford Star, the total debt is £4.5 million, around £2.25 million of which is owed to the council!

What I want to know is who is going to pay the wages of the players Salford are foisting onto us? :lol:

http://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=1616