Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saint Billinge

What is Father Christmas bringing you?

54 posts in this topic

Although I'm never fussed, I have (under protest) asked for a new belt. No doubt, I will find something else on Christmas Day. So, is there anything exciting coming your way?

River Cottage Veg Everyday, J Sheekey Fish and Prashad cookbooks, each were a tenner. Super League DVD, Ross Noble DVD and Dark Knight Rises DVD, the newest QI Book of General Ignorance, a Billy bookcase from Ikea and possibly a handful of veggie and curry cookbooks. I know this because I've bought all but one of them myself and will distribute them for cash to be handed back to me on Christmas morning!

Anything else I dunno.

Oh, and maybe a ticket for the two World Cup games at Halifax and Huddersfield for a tenner each.

River Cottage Veg Everyday, J Sheekey Fish and Prashad cookbooks, each were a tenner. Super League DVD, Ross Noble DVD and Dark Knight Rises DVD, the newest QI Book of General Ignorance, a Billy bookcase from Ikea and possibly a handful of veggie and curry cookbooks. I know this because I've bought all but one of them myself and will distribute them for cash to be handed back to me on Christmas morning!

Anything else I dunno.

Oh, and maybe a ticket for the two World Cup games at Halifax and Huddersfield for a tenner each.

Thinking about all the cook books, what is your favourite meal?

Thinking about all the cook books, what is your favourite meal?

My go-to easy meal; white pasta twists with mayo, cheese, ham and beans, with ketchup on top. Followed by my mum's bacon, liver and sausage casserole* in Yorkshire pudding.

(* it isn't really a casserole more mixed meat and onion in gravy)

A Nikon D3200 DSLR, which has just arrived in my hands, although at this moment in time, I've stood the cost myself. Joint present from my wife and myself. Might enter the photo competitions once I work out how to use it. :D

A DAB radio

Nice! I love a good radio. Last year I got a DAB/Internet combined radio for Christmas, best gift I've had in years. It's barely turned off when I'm in the house.

My go-to easy meal; white pasta twists with mayo, cheese, ham and beans, with ketchup on top. Followed by my mum's bacon, liver and sausage casserole* in Yorkshire pudding.

(* it isn't really a casserole more mixed meat and onion in gravy)

That bacon dish sounds delicious.

As far as I know:

Bottle of Jack Daniel

Bottle of Jim Beam

Another Bottle of Jack Daniel

Windows 8

Wouldn't bother with windows 8. I get it free through work and its pants.

A Nikon D3200 DSLR, which has just arrived in my hands, although at this moment in time, I've stood the cost myself. Joint present from my wife and myself. Might enter the photo competitions once I work out how to use it. :D

Nice but you should have gone Canon.

Make sure you try switching from auto modes to semi-auto modes asap.

Nice! I love a good radio. Last year I got a DAB/Internet combined radio for Christmas, best gift I've had in years. It's barely turned off when I'm in the house.

must be nuisence when you're watching telly, oh hang on you use it drown out Stevo.

one of these

ducati-1098-front.jpg

All I see is a white square with a red cross, maybe it's already wrapped up...

must be nuisence when you're watching telly, oh hang on you use it drown out Stevo.

:lol:

Nice but you should have gone Canon.

Make sure you try switching from auto modes to semi-auto modes asap.

Took my time researching the options, and i'm happy with my choice given the budget. ;)

Already working on sussing out the semi auto and manual modes, though a bit limiting only having indoors on an evening to work with. The Nikon guide modes are very good for assisting a relative beginner though. :)

All I see is a white square with a red cross, maybe it's already wrapped up...

Hmmm, you're right.

Time for an edit.

Should be a midlife crisis now :D

Hmmm, you're right.

Time for an edit.

Should be a midlife crisis now :D

:blink: Christ, I think I'd rather have the white box.

:blink: Christ, I think I'd rather have the white box.

:D

I'm hoping Father Christmas will bring me some drumsticks. I've just started learning to play the drums and at the moment I'm using chopsticks as drumsticks. I know that, like everyone else, FC will be on austerity measures and so I don't anticipate a drum kit, but some sticks would be just fab.

Haven't asked FC for anything so I'll see what I'll get. Just ordered myself a torque wrench though. :D

Haven't asked FC for anything so I'll see what I'll get. Just ordered myself a torque wrench though. :D

Just remember that careless torque costs....