Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

London Broncos to play 12 of 13 home fixtures 2013 at `The Stoop'

33 posts in this topic

Did he answer where the 13 will be played? He only answered where 12 would be.

Fair point, but I was just pointing out where the confusion was coming from.

Certainty is knowing where all the games will be played.

Certainty is perfect knowledge that has total security from error. Certainty is also knowing that whatever the situation with any club, it'll be wrong. In fact, I think the club has done exactly the right thing in making this announcement.

Certainty is perfect knowledge that has total security from error. Certainty is also knowing that whatever the situation with any club, it'll be wrong. In fact, I think the club has done exactly the right thing in making this announcement.

Obviously they can't tell people the wrong info but it doesn't exactly help ticket sales if you can't give people the full picture.

Think its going to Gillingham.. Pretty certain it won't be Orient again, sadly.

That'd be my guess too Mike

The club is wrong to think that taking 1 game a year on the road does anything at all to promote them or the game.

The club is wrong to think that taking 1 game a year on the road does anything at all to promote them or the game.

You'd best tell that to Catalans as well

The club is wrong ® is the registered trademark of RL fans everywhere. :)

You'd best tell that to Catalans as well

Yes but Catalans are well known and respected in their home town, and already have a solid fan base. They are simply looking to extend that a little into neighbouring areas.

London Broncos on the other hand have a small following, have managed to alienate lots of fans, and are largely unknown in London (and even just in the local area). They are looking at other towns/stadia because they think they can do better elsewhere, not because they're looking to attract new people to the game. It's an absolute failure of a club that is looking for excuses instead of doing the basics. The club is badly run in almost every aspect of its work; admin, fan relations, PR, marketing, corporate, merchandising. The only reason it still exists is that Dave Hughes is prepared to throw 1.5million away each year. But rather than face up to these problems they'd rather claim that London is too tough a market to crack and look to move out to the sticks.

Even if they simply did the basics well then they'd give their fans hope, and they'd be closer to cracking the 5k average they need. As it is, they seem to go out of their way to upset people who like them and do nothing to attract new people.