Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gonch

Cumberland League vote to stay summer

39 posts in this topic

Interesting that the vote was 13 in favour and only 1 wanting to move back to winter thought it would have been more mixed than that

Do you mean Doncaster.

It's not that popular in Wakefield, Castleford and Hull either

It's not that popular in Wakefield, Castleford and Hull either

or Barnsley, Selby and there are still a lot of winter teams in Leeds, Halifax, Huddersfield, Bradford etc

or Barnsley, Selby and there are still a lot of winter teams in Leeds, Halifax, Huddersfield, Bradford etc

Yes. Leeds and York are closest to an even split once you include reserve sides. Though Featherstone and Sheffield are 100% summer

Yes. Leeds and York are closest to an even split once you include reserve sides. Though Featherstone and Sheffield are 100% summer

Not quite even in Leeds!

Of the twenty two open age clubs registered with Leeds and District = 17 traditional season - 5 summer seasons

Even taking into account the reserve sides it still works out as 20-10

hope this makes it a bit clearer for you Bowes :)

Not quite even in Leeds!

Of the twenty two open age clubs registered with Leeds and District = 17 traditional season - 5 summer seasons

hope this makes it a bit clearer for you Bowes smile.png

Who are the twenty two clubs that are registered with the Leeds and District.

To save you nameing them please show the link where i can get this information.

Not quite even in Leeds!

hope this makes it a bit clearer for you Bowes :)

Leeds Akkies, Kippax and Bramley summer as well. And Beeston Broncos.

20-14 in favour of winter I guess.

Probably more Featherstone lads playing winter at other clubs than at Lions, Sheffield, lol the one and only club have taken the bait to fall in line with the Eagles mainly because it wasn't really pulling trees up in the winter, hold on it didn't in the summer either, both Sheffield and Featherstone only have one club each, but if you count Ponte in with Fev (get your map out Bowes) you'll find the area has more winter sides and I suppose if you do the same with the south west Yorkshire service area you'll again find more clubs playing winter, infact the South west Yorkshire and Doncaster area are looking to run a combined district cup next season.

Leeds Akkies, Kippax and Bramley summer as well

You counting Bramley & Kippax after all the slagging you've done against them :angry:

You counting Bramley & Kippax after all the slagging you've done against them :angry:

They were a pain for calling games off but hardly bad enough to pretend they don't exist.

Four clubs in York, 3 summer, 1 winter, winter team, NEAB, just folded their A team.

Four clubs in York, 3 summer, 1 winter, winter team, NEAB, just folded their A team.

When we played at NEAB's the other month they had a good 40+ players for both their teams.

There is only one club in Sheffield to be fair!

There is only one club in Sheffield to be fair!

There's supposed to be 3 next year all summer. Sheffield Hallam in Conference South and Wharncliff Dragons (probably Yorkshire Merit League? They're RU based if they come off) as well as Hillsborough Hawks

I'll believe the latter two when I see it. I can't see a uni-based club side being sustainable long term.

Shame more couldn't been done to smooth the rough edges off Sheffield Forgers when they started up

infact the South west Yorkshire and Doncaster area are looking to run a combined district cup next season.

Only five years after I suggested it as the only viable solution for local cups in the county....!!

I'll believe the latter two when I see it. I can't see a uni-based club side being sustainable long term.

Shame more couldn't been done to smooth the rough edges off Sheffield Forgers when they started up

Youll be surprised on the uni front. SHU are following Loughborough RU's example... with a healthy relationship with the Eagles. They have spanking new facility on the way and are investing in our game in the right way. You might be surprised!

Sheffield Forgers ran well for four years, what killed it was being stiffed by the venue and an absence if a suitable summer based comp.... and two other organisations who I shall not mention for professional reasons.

If Sheffield Hallam don't get off the ground then to be blunt lots of good clubs are potentially without a league depending on how low we can go with Conference South size. The good news is they definitely will be there but they won't all be students. They will have many Sheffield U23 players from last year.

Probably more Featherstone lads playing winter at other clubs than at Lions, Sheffield, lol the one and only club have taken the bait to fall in line with the Eagles mainly because it wasn't really pulling trees up in the winter, hold on it didn't in the summer either, both Sheffield and Featherstone only have one club each, but if you count Ponte in with Fev (get your map out Bowes) you'll find the area has more winter sides and I suppose if you do the same with the south west Yorkshire service area you'll again find more clubs playing winter, infact the South west Yorkshire and Doncaster area are looking to run a combined district cup next season.

Technically isn't Fev part of Ponte?