Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gonch

Cumberland League vote to stay summer

39 posts in this topic

Only five years after I suggested it as the only viable solution for local cups in the county....!!

I suggested it a lot longer than 6 years ago, the South West sides didn't want it, thank SS for dividing South Yorkshire when it had 26 teams taking part in a district cup competition also suggested an origin type SY competition.

Technically isn't Fev part of Ponte?

I suppose that depends on who you talk to, Moorenders don't like being called Thornies

There's supposed to be 3 next year all summer. Sheffield Hallam in Conference South and Wharncliff Dragons (probably Yorkshire Merit League? They're RU based if they come off) as well as Hillsborough Hawks

Apart from the Eagles overspill Sheffield Hallam will be made up with a lot of BARLA players, as with Kippax and Bramley will this work long term?

Interesting to see a little snapshot survey conducted by @AmateurRLQuotes on twitter indicated that 84% of the "hundreds" of people who responded showed a preference for summer.

https://twitter.com/AmateurRLquotes

The account only began a few days ago and already has almost 3000 followers, not an RFL run account, just an account run by a fan/player that is followed by participants and supporters of Amateur RL.

I appreciate that the demographic of the people that use twitter are younger but surely this gives an idea about where and when those people want to play the game. Maybe it isn't just the RFL pedaling out stats from misleading surveys that contained loaded questions.

Interesting to see a little snapshot survey conducted by @AmateurRLQuotes on twitter indicated that 84% of the "hundreds" of people who responded showed a preference for summer.

https://twitter.com/AmateurRLquotes

The account only began a few days ago and already has almost 3000 followers, not an RFL run account, just an account run by a fan/player that is followed by participants and supporters of Amateur RL.

I appreciate that the demographic of the people that use twitter are younger but surely this gives an idea about where and when those people want to play the game. Maybe it isn't just the RFL pedaling out stats from misleading surveys that contained loaded questions.

I am amazed that I made a comment on the Summer/Winter debate and Marauder did see fit to comment on it. Oh hang on it doesn't back up his argument does it! I knew there must be a reason, my bad!

Barrow Island, Walney, Seaton, Distington, Glasson, Maryport, Cockermouth and Wath Brow A

Nice to see Bramley got a semi positive mention. Don't forget the heavy woollen area Dewsbury/Batley plus Ossett/Drig/Brigus.

Winter rules in West Riding ok!

Barrow Island, Walney, Seaton, Distington, Glasson, Maryport, Cockermouth and Wath Brow A

Sorry meant the division below which was Cumberland League division 2 but is now simply the Cumberland League I believe

Ah right. Sure I read somewhere there was to be a meeting next week to discuss the exact format. Might have been on the CARLA Facebook page I read that.

Closing date for A team entries is first week in Feb I think, so the league won't be finalised until then, but it will be at least a 10 team league based on previous years, possibly more if there are some A team entries

Anyone any idea when clubs will be advised re YML line up?

Says on another thread it will be in the next few days.