Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thundergaz

Salford

82 posts in this topic

Leigh won't get asked because they had their chance and blew it big time with the hammerings week in week out fax won't get asked because they can't sustain it financially and like you say the eagles haven't got a fan base. Which just leaves us IMO which I hope to god we don't get asked because its a financial graveyard at the minute even though with the sponsors and our BOD it will be hard and financially we are the best equipped by far in our league and I don't think our finances would stretch that far.

Why do you write so much good stuff on here and yet come on our forum talking garbage?

Great post.

Salford's replacement will be Salford Newco.

Why the debate ? We all know it's true.

I think griff is right the most likely replacement, should one be required, would be Salford newco on a probationary license. Sadly, the longer a resolultion takes the more inevitable weekly drubbings become.

If a replacement were sought and Fev were asked I wouldn't be averse to us accepting, subject to certain conditions:

A 5 yr licence, if licensing is retained. No point going into SL for 2013, having to re apply at the end of the 1st season.

All compensation for termination of part time contracts already signed to come from central funds.

A distribution over & above tv money to compensate for the difference between sponsorship deals agreed for champs rugby & the sum that could reasonably have been expected had we been a SL club when negotiating.

Subject to a maximum of two per club, any player with whom rovers can agree terms to be released as a free agent. Otherwise a season of tonkings & declining intetest would likely ensue.

There's more chance of Salford doing the double of course & I very much look forward to another tilt at the championship & NRC. However if SL did need another club at short notice & they were serious about wanting sustainable clubs who are not going to be wrecked by promotion when they are unprepared........

If Salford go into liquidation then Salford Newco MUST start again from the bottom of the proffessional ladder. If they were allowed to stay in Super League without paying anything back to their creditiors, how on earth would other clubs be able to borrow money? Anyhow, if their remaining fans stood by them they would be a competitive force in the Championship within a couple of years, along with Fev, Fax & Leigh, who all have more impressive trophy cabinets.

As far as their replacement goes, what makes anyone think there would be one? Super League would be just as likely to go with one less club, share Salford's slice of the cake between them, and make up the fixture shortfall with even more local derbies. They already have an unbalanced fixture list, and they don't like the idea of the league winners being champions, they prefer the best team on the day in the GF!

BBC website states that Swinton are donating gate reciepts to the Saflord cause from their Friendly!

How very embarrassing for Salford & Super Duper League. You couldn't make it up.

:wacko:

BBC website states that Swinton are donating gate reciepts to the Saflord cause from their Friendly!

How very embarrassing for Salford & Super Duper League. You couldn't make it up.

:wacko:

Well you could make it up lingard the RFL have been doing that for years :-)

yes, but isn't it good that swinton can put aside local rivalry to help salford. hope salford don't forget the gesture

Salford let swinton play at the willows when they sold their ground, so history of supporting each other OR

Salford let swinton play at the willows when they sold their ground, so history of supporting each other OR

just like us n cas then.

Leigh won't get asked because they had their chance and blew it big time with the hammerings week in week out fax won't get asked because they can't sustain it financially and like you say the eagles haven't got a fan base. Which just leaves us IMO which I hope to god we don't get asked because its a financial graveyard at the minute even though with the sponsors and our BOD it will be hard and financially we are the best equipped by far in our league and I don't think our finances would stretch that far.

Drove past Wakey on the M1 today, were you the lad licking lamposts?

Latest news is that a Middle East millionaire is taking over. Just one of a long line in sport.

Craig I've come to the conclusion SL is a closed shop if teams are going belly up etc and still being aloud to stay in SL. like Salford who haven't sold a single season ticket yet and they still have their SL licence and they wonder why people are losing interest in our sport. IMHO I don't think any champ club will get into SL in the near future but if any club will break that mould it will be us. ( I only think that because the RFL have turned our sport into a millionaires game like football if you have very deep pockets you can come in which I think is a joke) But anyway we are the only team in the champ with maybe coming up with that scenario( at this present time i may add) that's why I think it will be us but that's the only reason I think that.

Gaz, ignore the rights and wrongs of it but entry is via criteria the first being earn the right to apply, Fev, Sheff, Fax and Leigh have earned the right. Of those clubs we/Leigh are best placed to meet stadium/crowds/income because of LSV - LSV has 22 exec boxes and extra corporate in 4 lounges for up to another 600 - if full thats a massive income stream that you cannot currently compete with. We can run full jnr set up but we are behind you guys currently and are making profits after 2011's loss of our benefactor.

I am a two divisions of 10 in SL advocater, that figure allows all current ambitious clubs and 2 expansion to enjoy FT structures and enhanced fixtures. If results mattered then Fev walk it but the Widnes model is the one to follow for SL tick boxes, and that is how we must play. Salford, Wakey and Bradford are role models for us minnows to aspire to.

LSV take all the profit though, not Leigh!

Sidnee he bases his facts on Leigh being the best for super league because they rent a shinny stadium, and that is the only reason he thinks Leigh should be in super league.

It's a significant facet to an application tho. Its miles better than ours. Renting is irrelevant as long as they have a long trrm lease.

However, backing, juniors, finance, etc is stacked up in our fav and I reckon right at this mo, we would be favs if one team were to go up.

Gaz, ignore the rights and wrongs of it but entry is via criteria the first being earn the right to apply, Fev, Sheff, Fax and Leigh have earned the right. Of those clubs we/Leigh are best placed to meet stadium/crowds/income because of LSV - LSV has 22 exec boxes and extra corporate in 4 lounges for up to another 600 - if full thats a massive income stream that you cannot currently compete with. We can run full jnr set up but we are behind you guys currently and are making profits after 2011's loss of our benefactor.

I am a two divisions of 10 in SL advocater, that figure allows all current ambitious clubs and 2 expansion to enjoy FT structures and enhanced fixtures. If results mattered then Fev walk it but the Widnes model is the one to follow for SL tick boxes, and that is how we must play. Salford, Wakey and Bradford are role models for us minnows to aspire to.

I'm sorry Craig but I totally disagree about it just being about criteria if that was the case you and fax would have been in SL a long time ago. It doesn't matter that much about criteria obviously you need to tick the criteria boxes but no matter how immaculate your criteria is if you haven't got a sugar daddy they will never let you in unless you fit into the expansion box. Look who as gone up out of our league and at the time they all had sugar daddy's in one way or another. Widnes sugar daddy Salford sugar daddy hull kr sugar daddy huddersfield sugar daddy etc etc etc see the theme. You might argue a case for Wakefield or c@s but wakey got in at just the right time that's the final we should of won and we would be in wakeys position now and as for c@s they had a sugar daddy of some kind because no way can a club yo yo like they did without a big financial backer.

Aye, I know. Just thought I would point out the tiny flaw in his masterplan ;)

I'm sorry Craig but I totally disagree about it just being about criteria if that was the case you and fax would have been in SL a long time ago. It doesn't matter that much about criteria obviously you need to tick the criteria boxes but no matter how immaculate your criteria is if you haven't got a sugar daddy they will never let you in unless you fit into the expansion box. Look who as gone up out of our league and at the time they all had sugar daddy's in one way or another. Widnes sugar daddy Salford sugar daddy hull kr sugar daddy huddersfield sugar daddy etc etc etc see the theme. You might argue a case for Wakefield or c@s but wakey got in at just the right time that's the final we should of won and we would be in wakeys position now and as for c@s they had a sugar daddy of some kind because no way can a club yo yo like they did without a big financial backer.

I'm not so certain that Rovers would have remained in Super League TG? You have to admire Wakefield by the way they have begged, stole, borrowed and cheated to remain up there. Maybe they don't deserve to be in SL, but they still are. They have been on the brink so many times they have become masters of escapism. They are also bringing on promising youngsters, and remind me so much of the Fev of old.

I hope that if Rovers do get in Super League, they compete well through grit, determination and good management, rather than by splashing the cash.

LSV take all the profit though, not Leigh!

Stadiums owned/run by the council don't generate profits - if they did I think we get 11% or so. The problem is retained revenue and the initial agreement strangled Leigh, the new agreement ensures far greater retained revenues hence we could show an annual profit on reduced gates despite the central fund going to HMRC last year.

Its a pity Daz n Gaz struggle with literacy, are they a local boy band btw.?

The huge benefit LSV has is that it is debt free, so its purely running cost and income. The SL model with 6000 gates generates fantastic cash v costs. Leigh drew 5000 in a disastrous SL season at a dated stadium, with a team that was never going to compete, 6000 is possibly low for LSV projection.

This is all hypothetical of course as Salford will fall into admin and get a provisional licence for 2013.

So you are still basing Leigh are best for super league because of the stadium then?

Do you dance or mime?

Leigh have an advantage in facilities and potential to generate income, those advantages are down to the stadium. They are one of 4 clubs able to currently apply, at present I believe POR wouldn't meet minimum standards, if they still exist, and as a consequence Fax and Leigh would be looked at more positively should the need arise.

By the time the next licenses come round fevs will be up to standard if its still determined by licenses that is, and we are significantly expanding hospitality areas so I'm not sure who would have the advantage then as we can utilise ours 7 days a week banking all the money. Just out of interest what sort of income do Leigh generate on non match days from the stadium and do they take all monies on match days.