Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Ashton

Season Ticket Holders Nominations

188 posts in this topic

the post clearly reads that he would be under the general control of the board he would not have free reign over implementing financial strategies without the bod agreeing so the scenario that you envisaged would not arise

Sorry reading it again I've read it wrong. I do agree lol.

Sorry mate but I'm in Thailand with Yvonne but I would love your company..and all the others there even if you asked an awkward question..I'm an honest guy; you take me or leave me.

All I have is the love of rugby at heart..and I want to see barrow do well. Don't blame me for that.

If I was in Thailand with my misses I'd be enjoying myself not on a rugby forum getting all wound up your head should be red with sun burn not anger.

I'm sure if you know me you will know how red my head is after only one week...lol

I'm sorry mate but I'm just so passionate about barrow I can't help myself..lol

The BOD that Alan Stoker put together was not elected.

Your right for once. The resigning board co-opted Alan and Neil on to the board before they resigned as they recognised what was required to save the club...well done DWB...you were not quite there but you had the right idea...

you been sarcastic soss or is that a compliment to dwb?????

Thats fair enough Mike. If you were being sarcastic I'll blame it on the vodka. If it was a compliment, fantastic. Dwb deserves one.

Now the date for the AGM has been announced. I have no doubt that the hard working guys on the BoD will be looking forward to the meeting and those board members that have not puled there weight will be either putting in a sicky, looking for excusess or will be extreemly worried about questions that will come from the floor. What would be handy would be a copy of the minutes of each BoD meeting since September last year. This will clearly show what was discussed who was to action items and who got on with it and who did nothing. One thing that I ensured when I was running the meetings ( somtimes 2 to 3 per week) and taking the minutes was that items were repeatedly brought up until they were actioned and completed. Im sure that a clear pattern would emerge that would put a stop to the arguments on this forum on what has been acheived by whome and get rid of this saying of "give them time to gel".

Of course the details of the minutes could not be provided to the public but as an example: How many grants were applied for by the grant Director and who chased grants, the answer is in the minutes . and why does it cost thousands to change a light bulb. The Chairman could have control of the minutes and simply look up the answers therfore any Director not atending could have the answers delivered by the Chairman.

Just a thought.

As I've said before Neil I hope there is more than the usual 20-30 oldies that turn up at the AGM.

Can anybody on the Board say whether there is any chance of a copy of the accounts before the AGM.

The 2011 accounts must have been sent by now to Companies House so an abreviated set will be available on line for £1. I cannot see any problem with providing a copy in the shop for any debenture holder's that wants a copy.

The BOD that Alan Stoker put together was not elected.

The BoD that Alan Stoker put together recognised the need for more Directors to fill the positions required. The intrim Board paved the way for the present BoD to press on but lack of enthusiasm/knowledge and an understanding from some that were voted on of how much work was required to keep the club going in the right direction has not heped over the past 12 months.

The need to raise £100k was recognised out with the floodlight requirements and yet 12 months on the original target of £100k has not been met and a further £100k is now required for floodlights.

What happened to the grants you sorted out Neil ?

Your right for once. The resigning board co-opted Alan and Neil on to the board before they resigned as they recognised what was required to save the club...well done DWB...you were not quite there but you had the right idea...

What happened to the grants you sorted out Neil ?

While I was on the board my time was spent on dealing with debtors/the bank the HMRC and a plan forward, when i was asked to assist the current BoD I was looking at the financial position and reporting the future requirements. The Grants that i looked at were for the floodlights and as i have previously stated I passed it on to a director and the rest is history. I was not left with looking into grants as there was Directors with that sole task.

Are you insinuating I did not do enough dwb ?

On the Companies House website the accounts are shown as filed but as you say,Neil, they will only be abbreviated accounts. I'll have a word with Karen for a full set.

Passed them over. Was that before or after you spat your dummy out ?

I didnt expect any diffrent answer from you dwb and if you had half a brain you would read the threads and work it out quit simply. By the way I note your agender was female at one time ?

You know who I am why dont you show your identity although its getting easy to work out as it is ;)

Is that a bite. Lol xx

too many people (keyboard warriors) living behind forum nicknames here

sometimes thats a good thing aint it. if we knew half the people it would only cause tension. we'd only have fighting in the ground :lol:

Im sure it would never get to that Gary. All the bickering on here and at the end of the day everyone wants the same thing "The best for the club".

Im sure it would never get to that Gary. All the bickering on here and at the end of the day everyone wants the same thing "The best for the club".

Aye thats all Neil...by the way Robby Faulkner sends his best wishes to you and your guys .... says its cold in Gdansk at the moment :huh:

Lee

I know it wouldn't. Its good to see people voice their opinions on here, some more than others, eh Neil.