Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnoco

Celtic v Rangers 1969. PSports now

8 posts in this topic

If anyone is near their TV and has premier sports, check out this game from 1969 (Scottish Cup Final). Its like watching a different sport and is a real roughhouse affair.

Soccer has deffo gone soft.

One of the teachers at the school where I work is a long-time Celtic fan. He's really mixed-up at the moment. This morning he was beaming as he pointed out that Celtic were in the Champions League last 16 and Rangers were in the third division. His smile wavered a little as I pointed out that Celtic had lost their fiercest rivals, biggest games, largest crowds and only real competition. After a moment's thought, he concurred; then beamed again as he said that he'd just like to enjoy it for the time being. I can't say I blame him. :D

If anyone is near their TV and has premier sports, check out this game from 1969 (Scottish Cup Final). Its like watching a different sport and is a real roughhouse affair.

Soccer has deffo gone soft.

Where the hell was the commentator from? Was he a Yank? Weird voice. Glad I had rewind on the Sky+ Box. No blooming replays in them days. Was looking forward to seeing wee Jinky Johnston. Must have been injured. Thems was the days. Steady on! I'm coming over all misty-eyed. Fellout with soccer a good while ago and the cheating effers like that foreigner throwing himself to the ground for Arsenal v WBA won't entice me back any time soon.

Where the hell was the commentator from? Was he a Yank? Weird voice. Glad I had rewind on the Sky+ Box. No blooming replays in them days. Was looking forward to seeing wee Jinky Johnston. Must have been injured. Thems was the days. Steady on! I'm coming over all misty-eyed. Fellout with soccer a good while ago and the cheating effers like that foreigner throwing himself to the ground for Arsenal v WBA won't entice me back any time soon.

Good call all round. Think the commentator may have been Irish...??? Very softly though. No cheats playing there though. :)

A bit of argy bargy etc and fists thrown but no dramatics. Rangers fans attempt pitch invasion when 4-0 down only to be sorted out ASAP by the cops/security.

Were they still using cotton jumpers for goalposts in 1969 or was polyester allowed?

Were they still using cotton jumpers for goalposts in 1969 or was polyester allowed?

Proper jumpers they were lad.

And the only advertising seemed to be a board for the Daily Express behind each goal area.

Proper jumpers they were lad.

Aye, proper manly jumpers, made from horsehair, girders and hedgehogs.

Aye, proper manly jumpers, made from horsehair, girders and hedgehogs.

They left out the horsehair for the shorts - too soft.