Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D11 WNK

BRAIN TEASER

31 posts in this topic

Three men go into a shop and buy a radio for £21.00 . ie £7.00 Each. As they are leaving the shop assisstant realizes there was a five pound discount. She calls the men back and decides she will just give them £1.00 back each and keep the other £2.00 for herself (naughty). This means each man has only now spent £6.00 .

So 6 x 3 is £18.00.

The shop assisstant kept £2.00

That makes £20.00

The Question is WHERE HAS THE OTHER POUND GONE?????

I mean its always been there. The sums add up. When the took off the £5 sale price nobody had paid £7 had they.

Total paid was £21.00 until the £5 discount. So Three Men £7 each Then £1 back each. So £6 is the cost to each man and £2 in The assisstants pocket = £20

Where is that pound

Answers on a post card to This is doing my head in .com LOL

Cream, Digital with auto tuning, and 2 woofers

I think that pound coin was a forgery! All the ones I have ever seen where either made of paper or were a goldish colour.

Nobody paid £7 tho did they. They actually paid 5.3333333333 when the £5 was took out.

If you find the pound can you send it to Salford R.L.F.C; :rolleyes:

If you find the pound can you send it to Salford R.L.F.C; :rolleyes:

Ouch

What if she gave them 50p instead of a pound. That would of made the cost to each man as £6.50. Total spend = £19.50.

So if there was £3.50 left out of the £5 discount. The total price would be £23.

Your dragging this out. Trying to mislead us away from the facts. 21-5=16 16+3=19 19+2=21 so there you have it. It was never missing just try to sway us with the cashier taking 2.

No you dont get it. 3 men lets say you and two mates go in a shop and hand over £7 each for a radio total cost £21. on your way out the shop assisstant calls you back because she has realised there is a five pound discount.

But being naughty she just gives you back £1 each . so you and your two mates have only now spent £6 each. FACT

The assistant keeps the other 2 for herself. FACT

SO £6 each x3 - £18

£2 kept by assistant

So 6x3=18 + 2 = 20 Fact. So i ask again WHERE IS THE OTHER POUND.

ALGEBRA FORMULA

A x T - D + W = S - ? ( Where ? is the missing £1)

it was lost in transaction because supermarkets are right robbing gits

The pound was lost as each buyer should have paid £5.33 each. So the only loser is the shop as each lad made 67 pence on the deal. The shop girl made two pounds leaving the shop to take a loss of £1..it's not us making the mistake it's the shop girl as she should have refunded all buyers and the divided the final cost, ripping them off or not, by 3......lol

The pound was lost as each buyer should have paid £5.33 each. So the only loser is the shop as each lad made 67 pence on the deal. The shop girl made two pounds leaving the shop to take a loss of £1..it's not us making the mistake it's the shop girl as she should have refunded all buyers and the divided the final cost, ripping them off or not, by 3......lol

JESUS now im confused LOL