Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Boxing Day

I'm going to make this game seen as though we haven't got a game Boxing Day. I'm looking forward to seeing batley as you guys have recruited really well pre season. Are you guys putting out your strongest available squad?

They'll be putting out both of their strongest available squads. Us poor relations accross the valley will just be trying to give them a game. :lol:

Everybody knows Batley play Dewsbury on boxing day! We have been doing so since God was a little lad.

Hey up PM - hope you didn't have a double on the mayan appocalypse and Batley on boxing day. ;)

I'm going to make this game seen as though we haven't got a game Boxing Day. I'm looking forward to seeing batley as you guys have recruited really well pre season. Are you guys putting out your strongest available squad?

in a nutshell not quite , all 3 dual reg players are missing plus gareth moore , byron smith and 2 of the 3 we got from the rams Faal n esders are not included in our 20 man squad http://www.batleynews.co.uk/sport/local-sport/bulldogs-and-rams-name-boxing-day-squads-1-5252324

thought it was a good performance today by our lads, impressed with Hirst,Rowe, Greenwood, Johnson, and Black. Looking forward to seeing Faal and Esders in the doggies colours next match.

On the ram s side thought Lillicrop and their 16 was impressive.

Coleman and Gallacher look weighty and need to lose a few pounds.

Good that we got a win today.What was the gate?Hope it wasn't affected by the weather

Some were turned away from the car park. Couldn't find any nearby on street parking so drove back home!

I forgot my soddin wallet but thanks to Paul Harrison I got to see the game. - for which I will divvy up! Thanks Paul.

I think if people are turning around and going home, then that's an issue the club needs to look at. Car parking can be a problem and if it's losing us custom then it needs solving. After all it was not a huge crowd today - though i and some experienced crowd experts thought it was higher.

if the car park is full, in my experience there is always local parking around the ground.... unless of course the people you refer to robin did not want to take a short walk.

due to the rain the car park was a mud bath today and you can only fit so many cars into it. i was at the ground in reasonable time today and the car parking was well organised.

unless we couse taylor street football field as we did when the giants came to town?

There's plenty of parking within the ground down at the bottom behind the sticks. Why don't the club open that up to supporters? Hardly anyone ever parks there.

There's plenty of parking within the ground down at the bottom behind the sticks. Why don't the club open that up to supporters? Hardly anyone ever parks there.

I'm guessing they don't use that area due to cars getting damaged from stray (or even good) conversion attempts. I've witnessed many a car get a dint in its bonnet at that end of the ground!

Some were turned away from the car park. Couldn't find any nearby on street parking so drove back home!

I forgot my soddin wallet but thanks to Paul Harrison I got to see the game. - for which I will divvy up! Thanks Paul.

Yeah we couldn't get parked robin so we turned round and went back home to the pubs. Shame really as we wanted to watch the game but I'm sure after yesterday batley will sort the parking out.

Didn't know you went thru Gaz. I know Vic n sue went back cos they couldn't get in the car park at 11.50 and there was no on street parking available.

I parked up at 11. 45am on knowles road just off the centre of Purlewell. like DD says you need local knowledge. head to park up a few streets away

Didn't know you went thru Gaz. I know Vic n sue went back cos they couldn't get in the car park at 11.50 and there was no on street parking available.

I wouldn't have thought many people would have expected to park in a club car park 10 minutes before kick off for a Bank Holiday local derby.

Seriously, there's TONNES of parking round the Mount. There's no "problem" to sort out for the once or twice a year extra parking is required.

If people turn around because they can't park literally on the pitch then they clearly didn't really want to go in the first place.

Parking on the Taylor Street pitch and churning the playing surface up for the kids that play there is a poor idea.

I got there. I found somewhere to park. I don't mind walk.

However, two I know drove from kellingtom near Selby. Gaz a bit more local to fev but not exactly on the doorstep. Either way I would suggest if they've made the effort to drive that distance they were certainly serious about the game.

It matters not one jot to me either way but the lack of immediate parking facilities meant Batley missed out on a min of 2 car loads. There may have been more. If that's not a prob for Batley c'est la vie

I got there. I found somewhere to park. I don't mind walk.

However, two I know drove from kellingtom near Selby. Gaz a bit more local to fev but not exactly on the doorstep. Either way I would suggest if they've made the effort to drive that distance they were certainly serious about the game.

It matters not one jot to me either way but the lack of immediate parking facilities meant Batley missed out on a min of 2 car loads. There may have been more. If that's not a prob for Batley c'est la vie

I sorry I don't see what the club are supposed to do. There is some parking available at the ground, but on days like yesterday, this obviously fills up quickly. There is also ample street parking around the area but again the nearer the ground the sooner it fills. To arrive 10 minutes before kick off I would have thought most people would think that they would be unable to find a parking space within the timescale to walk to the ground/get through the turnstile/find a good vantage point within the stadium before the whistle was blown.

Like I said, I don't really care either way! My club weren't the ones missing out!

Exactly Robin. I am not pointing the finger of blame at anyone because none was to blame, it's not a blame thing. I just think that in future, we might need to be aware that it might happen. I am sure KN would much rather have the £50 quid or so rather than miss out.

On a positive note, I think the car park must be one of our big money earners (or Supporters Club streams of revenue) especially so when visiting the likes of Barrow, York and Hunslet amongst others.

Just a small point although the supporters club help with the car parking I think the money now goes straight to the club.

OK, it must be a decent earner for the club over the course of a season. And I wasn't criticising the club or supporters club. I think we wring as much as possible out of our ground and environment. Yesterday must have been a great earner for everyone.