Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Boxing Day

62 posts in this topic

How much will it be on the day to get in,also will a programme be made for the game or team sheets will be used ?

Half price if your wearing a batley shirt , so im told , double if youve got a rams top on :lol:

i'm sorry but we should be out promo the game there's less than 2 weeks until the game and this first i'v heard anything about it.

£15 Adults

£10 Conc/Students

£3 Kids

I'm thinking the club are doing a programme but not 100%.

Thanks for the information.

i'm sorry but we should be out promo the game there's less than 2 weeks until the game and this first i'v heard anything about it.

Am sure something will come along but I've not heard anything myself. "KTF".

The Batley poster at the bottom of the road up to the club was only change this week to show the Dewsbury game,you would had thought that would had been change weeks ago.Dewsbury poster sign outside our ground has been showing the friendly game with Halifax for a while now and that's not on until Jan 6.

Everybody knows Batley play Dewsbury on boxing day! We have been doing so since God was a little lad.

Everybody knows Batley play Dewsbury on boxing day! We have been doing so since God was a little lad.

Was just thinking the same thing. Why the big oooh aaah?

Exactly! It will be in the local papers on Thursday.

Looking forward to this game, can you tell me the kick off time as I can't find any details, can't check local press as I do not live locally,

cheers

Actually they "always" used to play on Christmas Day but maybe that extends beyond your colossal memory PM?

B)

Actually they "always" used to play on Christmas Day but maybe that extends beyond your colossal memory PM?

B)

Batley used to play Leeds on Christmas Day back in the days of yore. Actually.

So your not bothered about new fans who don't know the history of your heavy woollen Derby then !!. Just the fans who already go and know boxing say is RL derby day!. I bet that will increase your crowds, that and a van I saw by Birstall the other day with a batley player on the side.

So your not bothered about new fans who don't know the history of your heavy woollen Derbyshire then !!. Just the fans who already go and know boxing say is RL derby day!. I bet that will increase your crowds, that and a van I saw by Birstall the other day with a batley player on the side.

Can you make sure you mention it on the Bookcocks Bulldog wagon Spotting thread please then?

Batley used to play Leeds on Christmas Day back in the days of yore. Actually.

Really? Before my time then.

I was referring to the days when they would play each other on Christmas Day with the return on Boxing Day, both being league games of course. This was in the days when milk and post would be delivered on Christmas Day, the buses still used to run etc.

Really? Before my time then.

I was referring to the days when they would play each other on Christmas Day with the return on Boxing Day, both being league games of course. This was in the days when milk and post would be delivered on Christmas Day, the buses still used to run etc.

Yes I knew this BSJ my pa told me, but you are correct in that it was before my time, but as I understand we used to kick yer ass in them days too!

Yes I knew this BSJ my pa told me, but you are correct in that it was before my time, but as I understand we used to kick yer ass in them days too!

As I remember it,both teams were usually too full of Christmas 'cheer ' to kick anyones ass.

As I remember it,both teams were usually too full of Christmas 'cheer ' to kick anyones ass.

It was first and foremost an opportunity to settle old scores - and that was only the crowd. Happy days. :rolleyes:

Looking through programmes from the 50/60s here are the Christmas schedules

1952 - 22nd Hunslet (H) 25th Dewsbury (H) 26th Dewsbury (A) 29th Barrow (A)

1955 - 24th Featherstone (H) 26th Dews (A) 27th Leeds (H) 31st Leeds (A)

1956 - 22nd Liverpool (H) 25th Dewsbury (H) 29th Rochdale (A)

1957 - 21st Halifax (H) 25th Rochdale (H) 26th Dewsbury (A) 28th Hull (H)

1958 - 20th Doncaster (H) 25th Doncaster (A) 26th Dewsbury (H) 27th Rochdale (A)

1959 - 25th Leeds (H) HKR (A)

1960 - 26th Hull (A) 27th Leeds (H) 31st York (H)

1961 - 23rd Halifax (H) Leeds (H) 26th Dewsbury (A) 30th Doncaster (A)

1962 - 22nd Hunslet (H) 25th Dewsbury (H) 26th Dewsbury (A) 29th Barrow (A)

1963 - 21st Castleford (A) 25th Dewsbury (H) 26th Dewsbury (A) 28th Doncaster (H)

1964 - 25th Dewsbury (A) 26th Dewsbury (H)

1965 - 25th Dewsbury (A) 26th Dewsbury (H)

1966 - 24th Wakefield (H) 26th Dewsbury (H) 27th Dewsbury (A) 31st HKR (H)

1967 - 26th Salford (H) 30th St Helens (A)

1968 - 26th Doncaster (A) 28th Featherstone (H)

1969 - 26th Wakefield (A) 28th Oldham (H)

Looking through programmes from the 50/60s here are the Christmas schedules

1952 - 22nd Hunslet (H) 25th Dewsbury (H) 26th Dewsbury (A) 29th Barrow (A)

1955 - 24th Featherstone (H) 26th Dews (A) 27th Leeds (H) 31st Leeds (A)

1956 - 22nd Liverpool (H) 25th Dewsbury (H) 29th Rochdale (A)

1957 - 21st Halifax (H) 25th Rochdale (H) 26th Dewsbury (A) 28th Hull (H)

1958 - 20th Doncaster (H) 25th Doncaster (A) 26th Dewsbury (H) 27th Rochdale (A)

1959 - 25th Leeds (H) HKR (A)

1960 - 26th Hull (A) 27th Leeds (H) 31st York (H)

1961 - 23rd Halifax (H) Leeds (H) 26th Dewsbury (A) 30th Doncaster (A)

1962 - 22nd Hunslet (H) 25th Dewsbury (H) 26th Dewsbury (A) 29th Barrow (A)

1963 - 21st Castleford (A) 25th Dewsbury (H) 26th Dewsbury (A) 28th Doncaster (H)

1964 - 25th Dewsbury (A) 26th Dewsbury (H)

1965 - 25th Dewsbury (A) 26th Dewsbury (H)

1966 - 24th Wakefield (H) 26th Dewsbury (H) 27th Dewsbury (A) 31st HKR (H)

1967 - 26th Salford (H) 30th St Helens (A)

1968 - 26th Doncaster (A) 28th Featherstone (H)

1969 - 26th Wakefield (A) 28th Oldham (H)

You missed off the scores Ernieone - probably just as well, eh?

B)

also will a programme be made for the game or team sheets will be used ?

All being well there will be an 8 page mini programme available. John Miller has in the last 2 days worked really hard to produce this. There are words from BOTH Clubs Chairmen, plus words from BOTH Coaches. Something for both sets of supporters. BISSA are producing it and ''should'' be ready tomorrow. It will be priced at 50p, in Colour, and all proceeds will go into the BISSA fund.

Merry Xmas to everyone see you 'up ther'.

ColinB.--BISSA.

I'm going to make this game seen as though we haven't got a game Boxing Day. I'm looking forward to seeing batley as you guys have recruited really well pre season. Are you guys putting out your strongest available squad?