Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

terrywebbisgod

Wakefield and Doncaster join forces.

54 posts in this topic

I agree Keith but the main reason these link ups have come about is so the SL clubs don't lose their most talented kids and if say your club Workington have a good player that they think can make SL they will take him off your hands for no fee payed to yourselves that's why I believe the champ clubs in these link ups are feeder clubs.What is the point in clubs working their bits off to produce good local talent for the SL clubs to pinch for no fee. I know a good player would go if a SL club came calling but I would rather get the money as it softens the blow of losing the player.

Gaz where did you get that SL teams pay no fee ? My understanding is any compensation due hasn't been changed due to the link ups.

Aren't the last one or two posts evidence that fans are in the dark as to what is and what isn't the case? There are so many variations on these partnerships that it is time the RFL published the guidelines, etc. A reply I got from the RFL said that system was constantly being reviewed or in other words "we'll wait and see how it develops".

If your club isn't linked with a SL club you can only loan players you can't have any DR players.

Is that a definite fact?

Is that a definite fact?

Until such time as definitive rules are published I guess there are no definite facts but it does seem to be a widely held and uncontested view. As ever there are apparently exemptions to the rule though, one being for agreements made before the partnership system was approved, whenever that may have been.