See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odsal Outlaw

Bulls sign Sidlow from Salford

27 posts in this topic

Bulls have just announced signing of Adam Sidlow from Salford. Seems like an ok signing, altho i dont know too much about him. Anyone else seen much of him?

Hope it's nothing to do with Salfords current plight.

He is the latest to go in order to reduce our costs - released from contract. He is quite a moderate player to be honest.

I guess we are struggling to pay everyone and the RFL want us to start reducing our squad further (we have lost 8 players since end of season and replaced them with 1).

I suppose we will have to sell Jodie Broughton next week? He is the last valuable player on contract.

I think the fact we are being forced into letting so many players go hints that we are going out of business & SL very soon ...

sidlow like richie myler is a product of the widnes academy, at best he could be described as a squad player who is steady and uncompromising.

Sidlow is a deeply frustrating player, he has the size and bulk to be a good forward but seems to lack the will power to break any tackles.

Just as you want him dropped he will put in one of those performances that shows just what he can do. Hope Bradford aren't relying on him.

This move was discussed before the latest problems, but expect him to be the first of a number of plaeyrs going.

i will never forget our stand off joe mellor dumping him one on one at salford last season. as the previous poster says, he has the size but not the inclination.................another david mills.

Lol

After the grief some Bulls fans gave the Giants when they signed Koppy this is very amusing.

Lol

After the grief some Bulls fans gave the Giants when they signed Koppy this is very amusing.

Given that this was proposed before the problems were announced, how is it a similar situation?

I also don't recall many people giving the Giants grief either, just a bit of criticism about the timing of the move.

The Sharks are starting to circle.

Can we please keep this to Salford chat rather than the other club who use their facilities?

Can we please keep this to Salford chat rather than the other club who use their facilities?

My quote was aimed at Salford and at the clubs who are waiting for the hopeful collapse so they can pick up any assets on the cheap.

Hull?

Hull would probably accept a £1m payout from the league to merge with Salford if they agreed that all home games were played in Hull.

Hull would probably accept a £1m payout from the league to merge with Salford if they agreed that all home games were played in Hull.

Hullarious.

I think this move is a sign of the times for Salford.

They've lost some decent players: Joel Moon (Leeds Rhinos), Daniel Holdsworth (Hull FC), Sean Gleeson (Hull Kingston Rovers), Iafeta Palea'aesina (XIII Limoux), Luke Towers, Vinnie Anderson (AS Carcassonne), Luke Adamson (SM Pia), Andy Morris, Adam Walne (Workington Town), Adam Sidlow (Bradford Bulls), Luke Patten (Retirement).

I fear for them.

Think you are stretching it a bit with some of those players.

Adamson,Morris,Feka, Anderson,Walne all weren't offered contracts. Not sure sure Towers played for the first team if he did it was one game.

Only Moon will be missed.

Deary me.

For your info, at the time of the embarrassing Gateshead fiasco, the initial situation with the RFL was that Hull FC were to move up North. The financial predicament of playing up there and the fact that the rest of the SL clubs were against this is why the Gateshead players moved to the Boulevard.

Think you are stretching it a bit with some of those players.

Only Moon will be missed.

Patten was brilliant against us. Head and shoulders the best player on the field.

Patten was brilliant against us. Head and shoulders the best player on the field.

To be fair though, the Bulls team had just been told of the cash problems....if it was the game at Odsal.

Thort sidlow was a good en last season when he was with us a town he was class a know it was 2 leauges down but his still good enough just like lunt

fester, Adam Sidlow played for Town in the 2007 season not last season. He was a teenager then and did play some great games for us and he loved his time at Town, as have many others that we have had on loan, etc.

I ano I meant he had a good season in s l last year lol n was class for us when he was with us

To be fair though, the Bulls team had just been told of the cash problems....if it was the game at Odsal.

Patten single handedly destroyed the Giants at Magic weekend too, if he hadn't played that day the Giants would have won. Simple as that.