Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumby Magic

The best/your favourite acoustic songs

31 posts in this topic

You haven't mentioned their best accoustic song - Going to California. A shocking omission IMO. I'd throw That's The Way in there as well.

As for best accoustic song ever, Wish You Were Here must be a contender as must Yesterday.

Personal faves include A Better Man (Thunder), Nothing Else Matters (Metallica) and Patience (GnR).

Nothing Else Matters is played on an electric guitar (James plays it clean for the alpeggio bits). I love playing it on my acoustic though.

It may be a bit uncool, but I also like More Than Words by Extreme.

Nothing Else Matters is played on an electric guitar (James plays it clean for the alpeggio bits). I love playing it on my acoustic though.

The "elevator version" on the B-side of Sad But True is totally acoustic and much better than the original version IMO.

The "elevator version" on the B-side of Sad But True is totally acoustic and much better than the original version IMO.

Cheers. I'll have to track that one down.

Something very 'old school' - Alvin 'Youngblood' Hart singing Tallacatcha. And that looks like Bobby Valentino playing violin, too!

Great night tonight down the Bradford Irish Club. Bit of folk, bit of cajun, bit of blues ... guitar, piano, accordian, trombone, double bass, harmonica, piano, mandolin all played at various stages of a regular open night. It's amazing how talented some "ordinary people" are.