Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedford Roughyed

When are the fans going to take responsibility?

197 posts in this topic

I meant 'small' as in status, business, marketability, etc. But I do agree with your point. The championship is definately not monotonous. There are some fairly fierce rivalries in there now, e.g. Fax/Fev etc. With ref to the OT I prefer to nurture those games than anything else nowadays

kicked out by who?

the clubs that put them there in the first place.

I meant 'small' as in status, business, marketability, etc. But I do agree with your point. The championship is definately not monotonous. There are some fairly fierce rivalries in there now, e.g. Fax/Fev etc. With ref to the OT I prefer to nurture those games than anything else nowadays

I think I agree with you. I hope Fev or Fax or Leigh or any non 'A' team club win the league and CC 1 to strike a blow for independent, slef dependent organisations.

I would love to see GB back, but seriously, what is the point and where is the credibility if all the players are English.

Let's keep expanding the game (and I mean bottom up expansion, not necessarily top down) and we'll have a proper GB team for the next generation.

I would love to see GB back, but seriously, what is the point and where is the credibility if all the players are English.

Let's keep expanding the game (and I mean bottom up expansion, not necessarily top down) and we'll have a proper GB team for the next generation.

It's not just me then.

Spot on.

Lions tours work for RU

Each of the nations contributes high quality players, the same can't be said of Rugby League.

Each of the nations contributes high quality players, the same can't be said of Rugby League.

Exactly. Not sure why some RL fans refuse to acknowledge this. GB tours comprised of all nations? Yes please. England posing as GB? Call it England.

Have you no faith that our expansion will pay dividends, in 4 years we may be seeing Wires Welsh lads representing GB, they did so at Academy level.

Have you no faith that our expansion will pay dividends, in 4 years we may be seeing Wires Welsh lads representing GB, they did so at Academy level.

True ,we may,then again,we may not.What about Scotland and Ireland?

True ,we may,then again,we may not.What about Scotland and Ireland?

There was a couple of lads from the Scottish competition who were signed up by a SL club this year. Was it Hull FC?

There was a couple of lads from the Scottish competition who were signed up by a SL club this year. Was it Hull FC?

It may have been,but we need more to have a truly representative GB side.

Very early days, especially as Scotland is newer to RL than Wales. More will come through, but it'll take a long time.

Yes, fair comment, I don't suppose he actually did. I'm just used to hearing how everything was better in the past. :)

Not in the late sixties and early seventies, the game was on its backside. What revived it IMO was the introduction of a new management team at the RFL (David Oxley etc) and the re introduction of two divisions with P&R. The change first became apparent (to me anyway) when Headlingley was full for the 1978 tour decider. The ground was packed and there were literally thousands locked out. The 1982 Invincibles tour was another indicator, the revival of interest in the game on Humberside with Hull and Rovers dominating the cup and league was another, and then the 1982 CC Final replay at Elland Road, when there were so many supporters many of them didn't get in until half time. That's when I thought that the game was on the way back from the 1960's slump.

Very early days, especially as Scotland is newer to RL than Wales. More will come through, but it'll take a long time.

True,yet some can't realise that and want a GB team now.

I'm not sure we'll ever get that, lovely though it would be.

For me, a couple of Welsh Wales players (as opposed to Lancastrian Wales players) would be enough to start GB again. In fact, one person who would make GB stronger than England would be enough.

Not in the late sixties and early seventies, the game was on its backside. What revived it IMO was the introduction of a new management team at the RFL (David Oxley etc) and the re introduction of two divisions with P&R. The change first became apparent (to me anyway) when Headlingley was full for the 1978 tour decider. The ground was packed and there were literally thousands locked out. The 1982 Invincibles tour was another indicator, the revival of interest in the game on Humberside with Hull and Rovers dominating the cup and league was another, and then the 1982 CC Final replay at Elland Road, when there were so many supporters many of them didn't get in until half time. That's when I thought that the game was on the way back from the 1960's slump.

I'll bet you any money there were people claiming the game was not as good as it was during all those times.

I'll bet you any money there were people claiming the game was not as good as it was during all those times.

Your're probably right, after all we'd moved from unlimited tackles to 4 then 6 tackles - not popular at the time

It's as I said in an earlier post Johnoco, there isn't one era that can say they have got it completely right. There has been good and bad in each era of the game, young and old fans alike have to accept that somethings in the past were better and some things today are also better.

It's as I said in an earlier post Johnoco, there isn't one era that can say they have got it completely right. There has been good and bad in each era of the game, young and old fans alike have to accept that somethings in the past were better and some things today are also better.

I agree completely. There were probably things in the past that were better, and vice versa. What I dislike is slating everything today because....just because.

Your're probably right, after all we'd moved from unlimited tackles to 4 then 6 tackles - not popular at the time

Yeah I bet people walked away from the game over that too.