Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob247

Question

Keith Nutter    11

Premiere sports Rugby league subscription, his the £10 pound donation to barrow raiders a one of payment or is it an annual payment

I am not certain Bob but I'd say it was a one-off. Mine will fall due soon but I haven't had any reminders yet from Premier regarding payment.

Incidentally, off the top of my head I think we received about £80 last season as our cut from the £10 donations!!!

Keith Nutter    11

Is that it Keith? I take it that we don't get the full £10 as I know more than 8 people who subscribed including myself and put down the raiders.

I am really not sure just exactly how much it was BM but it really was a paltry figure and I am not too far of the mark with my "guess". I'll obtain the exact figure today if I can. The trouble is that lots of people say they have done it but clearly the reality is that they either didn't or they didn't do it correctly. I know I did it and, like you, plenty of others told me they also did it but the bottom line was the interest was very low so far as Raiders fans were concerned. So far as I am aware the club got the promised £10 for every new subscriber who designated us as the recipient.

Personally i thought it was great value for money and I liked the coverage from PS. I will be renewing mine for sure even if they don't get the Aussie matches this year (which i think is still not determined).

soss    117

might get it myself this year. to be honest championship had little interest to me last year but it a different ball game, pardon the pun, this year..lol

morty    213

if it was available on freeview i would consider it but with it being through sky I refuse to line the pocket of that Aussie cnut who ultimately owns it

Keith Nutter    11

im convince BM...will be ordered when i get home in january.. ;):)

Having spent six months laid up with my bad back last year it was tremendous value for me LOL. I think I watched every match they put out :)

Bob247    0

That amounts to 8 people who took the offer up which was very poor as thought it was a brilliant offer

well if there is no donation this year i might as well cancel mine and watch it at the raiders bar and put some

money in there coffers,Thank,s Keith

scrumhalf    28

That amounts to 8 people who took the offer up which was very poor as thought it was a brilliant offer

well if there is no donation this year i might as well cancel mine and watch it at the raiders bar and put some

money in there coffers,Thank,s Keith

I subscribed and named barrow rl too 8 seems wrong to me

The thing is, how many people signed up and made the full payment for the 12 months subscription and how many never read it properly (like me) and just subscribed to it and had it taken from my bank monthly??

Keith Nutter    11

I did it too, named Barrow and paid the full 12 months, 8 seems far too low

Apologies but I have checked now and others seem to think we got around £200. So we had a total of 20 subscribing against our name. It still seems low to me and something I remember commenting on at the time we received payment.

scrumhalf    28

Apologies but I have checked now and others seem to think we got around £200. So we had a total of 20 subscribing against our name. It still seems low to me and something I remember commenting on at the time we received payment.

on the plus side Iv just watched barrow v donny grand final followed by aussie grand final tonight

Bob247    0

Premier Sports is working closely with other sports associations and leagues to make sure your favourite sports can enjoy

a secure long-term home with continued wall to wall coverage. We are also looking to expand our portfolio of live content so

look out for some big announcements over the coming months.

I am also writing to let you know that the cost of an annual subscription is going up and you will be billed £15.01 more per

year from your renewal date. This continues to represent a saving of nearly £30. The main reason for this is the ever increasing

costs associated with sports rights and broadcasting as we continue to grow our channel.

Thank you for your continued custom and support,

Kind regards,

Richard Sweeney

CEO Premier Sports