Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D11

AGM

136 posts in this topic

Any Director that puts him self forward and puts the work in for the good of the club has my support, however any one that comes to the board to wear a badge on game day and cannot/has not worked hard for the club should go. The hard workers on the board do not need numbers or opinionists on the board they need serious help. Only the BoD members will know who to keep and who to expel unless each Director stands up and lets the debenture holders know what they have done since coming to the Board.

Didn't you have the chance to ask that the other night Neil. The matter does seem to be troubling you. And no I'm not having a go or starting an argument, it's just plain to see by what you write on here.

Maybe you didnt notice Gary but hardly any of my questions had a clear answer so pointless asking more and no im not having a go just stating my opinion in the democratic society we live in :D .

In fairness the current Board are trying to run thinks correctly and in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles.

In 2001 I was co-opted onto the Board as Finance Director by the Board at that time and looking at the Articles I should have been approved by the Debenture holders at the next AGM. I'm sure I wasn't and In addition as far as I'm aware every single director from then up to the 2011 AGM was not approved by the debenture holders.

It was reported at the AGM that the Articles are going to be completely re-written and so why not leave the current Board to try and run things correctly until such time as the Articles are re-written. I think there are far more important things to concern ourselves with at the moment but the ultimate responsibility falls on the Board.

I might mention that until last year there wasn't exactly a queue of people wanting to, join the Board.

I do not know Mr Evans but he did not inspire me with confidence, when asked to address the floor he did not stand, therefore people in the room could not see him. His speech on the lines of I have been asked by a/the director(s) to come on board to help with the floodlight appeal so here I am that its.

He did not mention his business background and whether he had raised funds in the past for any organisation or what he could bring to the club by being a director.

You don't have to be a director to help with the floodlight appeal there are people out there volunteering perhaps if he wishes to help with the appeal he could join them I am sure he would be welcome.

If the Articles of Association (AoA) are to be reviewed with the suggestion that the number of directors be reduced perhaps it would be a good idea not to appoint any further directors until this is done, It is not a condition of the current AoA that there is twelve directors that is the maximum number allowed.

I can't understand why people would knock somebody who has volunteered to assist the club, giving their time and effort to help the floodlight fund. what difference does it make whether he is voted onto the board or not.

I wish there was a like button. So for the future here it is. LIKE :)

I can't understand why people would knock somebody who has volunteered to assist the club, giving their time and effort to help the floodlight fund. what difference does it make whether he is voted onto the board or not.

Well said, anyone who knows Maurice will know he has Barrow at Heart.

you are all jumping to his defence and thats fair enough..like i said in my earlier post i dont know the guy and wish him all the best.

the point im making is that the board wished to have 12 members again yet never told anyone that an election was to be held at the AGM. so we are left with no option but to vote him on. why was it not made common knowledge that they were looking for another director giving others the oportunity to stand who may have been able to contribute more.

im told he is a great guy but he didnt impress me when he was asked why he wanted to join the board and what he can bring.

Were we all supposed to know him already?????

This is what surprises me. I'm sure you know what an AGM is about.

'why was it not made common knowledge that they were looking for another director giving others the oportunity to stand who may have been able to contribute more'

I actually think this statement is derogatory to the person. How do you know what he can bring to the board.

I may be wrong again, but if anyone wanted to stand, the AGM is the place to do it.

we will never know if there is anyone else that could contribute more and i have no idea what he can bring to the table as all he said was i was asked to assist with the floodights so here i am.

its is NOT about him its about the board not allowing anyone else to stand. it was never announced that they were looking for another director nor did they invite people to offer their services. You all screamed about clarity and honesty a year ago so why was it not announced at least a month before the AGM.

I was not the onlyone shocked to see a ballat paper..

Question for you were you aware that the election was taking place at the AGM?

Yes I did know an election was taking place for the simple reason, I asked 1 of the Board if anyone was standing. I reiterate, people know what an AGM is about. If someone wants to stand for the board, that was the time to do it.

If you wanted to stand again, you would of done at the AGM, wouldn't you???

livo..my point is it should be announced before hand or it smacks of being underhand..it should be clearly stated to all that a director is going to be elected (as it was with the season ticket holders) and invites to any interested party given. if it ends up with one candidate then thats fine but we will now never know if someone was interested in standing. Its not that it was held at the AGM its the FACT that it was never announced that the board were looking for another director.

We shouldnt have to go cap in hand to the directors for information they should be laying out the information infront of us..Honesty and clarity...thats what we wanted.

thats the last on the subject from me as its done and dusted now..

You had the choice to voice your concerns at the AGM. You picked up all the peices of paper like I did. From what I can remember Maurice received a round of applause. What is wrong with having 12 on the board. 12 is better than 8 surely, and from what I heard the BOD are doing quite well.

Just typing mine out before you said that. Agreed, done and dusted

Lets go for Wine or Vodka. Advantages or disadvantages. ;)

well I for one didnt know about another board member being voted on as I was away on thursday so I didnt get to vote....if I had have known I couldve voted by proxy surely and I will not be the only one ?

Who is Maurice Evans and what does he bring to the party ? Sorry but shouldve been done upfront and not underhand IMHO of course ?????????

Transparency.....hmmmmm I dont think so with this?

Lee

i went to my 1st match in 1971 and started going full time in 1978 and I do not know Maurice Evans so no mate i SURELY dont...sorry