Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D11

AGM

136 posts in this topic

Can a member of the BoD post the time and place of the AGM on the website incase anyone is unaware or has forgot.

BRLFC AGM

Tuesday 15 January 2013

The A.G.M. will take place on Thursday 24th January Start Time 7.30p.m. Venue LISDOONIE HOTEL

This is a bit confusing again ?

I hope there will be a really good turn out again and not a very poor attendance as has happened at AGMs in years prior to last year.

It is the debenture holders opportunity to receive a copy of the accounts and although the figures are somewhat historical we should be able to receive some very valuable information on future plans,finances etc.

im working away as well :-(

is anyone going tonight who is from walney and fancys giving me a lift :rolleyes:

Just wanted to say that the BOD were very professional in my opinion tonight. They answered every question openly and honestly.

Well Done.

From the words of Pip and Keith.

Keep The Faith The Futures Blue And White

I must agree that Keith Holt and David Sharp answered all questions profesionaly even the ones that never got a clear answer, Dave you should be a polotician :D

It must have been very embarasing for Eric wood to be asked a question on Grants only to answer that he is NOT the Grants Director :wacko: ! Can the Web site be updated please as Eric has been advertised as the Grants Director for the past year ?

Can a member of the BoD confirm (when the BoD has discused the matter further) if an EGM is to be held over the Article of Association debate and the question on votes/debentures/rules

so were there any interesting revelations or news to come out of the meeting ?

Lee

I must agree that Keith Holt and David Sharp answered all questions profesionaly even the ones that never got a clear answer, Dave you should be a polotician :D

It must have been very embarasing for Eric wood to be asked a question on Grants only to answer that he is NOT the Grants Director :wacko: ! Can the Web site be updated please as Eric has been advertised as the Grants Director for the past year ?

Can a member of the BoD confirm (when the BoD has discused the matter further) if an EGM is to be held over the Article of Association debate and the question on votes/debentures/rules

So what does Eric actually do? After all that is why Eric wanted on the BoD... Also who is the grants one?

Confused... you will be! ...on the next episode of Soap.....(some of you will remember that program...lmao)

There will definitely be an EGM to discuss any changes to the Articles of Association. The BoD will (in conjuction with the club solitor) draw up a new draft of the A of A to bring them into modern times (they currently still mention Lacrosse and Lunatics - the latter possibly being still valid :)).

These proposed changes will have to be discussed at and EGM and then possibly amended again if valid points are raised at such a meeting before eventually being endorsed by the members.

The A of A can only be changed by the membership (debenture holders). that is for sure. The B of D can not do this autonimously (though there is some evidence to suggest this has been attempted in the past).

The revised articles will address all the issues raised last night and will (hopefully) make everything crystal clear going forward regarding all aspects of the Company.

bump

So what does Eric actually do? After all that is why Eric wanted on the BoD... Also who is the grants one?

I was surprised last night that another director was voted on to replace me as i saw no announcements telling the general public that the offer of directorship was available! it was almost like he was co opted on. it seems we are just making up numbers to match the A of A's. it was interesting to hear that he was asked to help with fundraising so here I am..perhaps the BoD would have been better looking for someone who could bring more business experience and financial support to the club.

I have nothing against the guy..I don't really know him but perhaps he could have been an associated director and then we still had the option should another candidate come forward.

Just because the a&a's say 12 directors does not mean anyone assisting the club takes one of the directorships. Having said that I wish him all the best in his new position.

Maurice Evans but I don't think it has been technically ratified yet. I would think that is only a formality though.

Unbelievable really.. You go to an AGM without an agenda..then find out that some one has stood for election without the club advertising....perhaps before the vote is announced the club should think about how they are doing their business..if the guy is voted in without an opponent then fair enough..but lets not have people brought in by the board without a fair debate and vote..

I totally agree Soss... I was as shocked as anybody and did not think it was right as last time round candidates gave a statement of what they can bring to the club so members could make a valid opinion on how to cast their vote.

Sorry but as soon as an interest was shown by 1 person it should have been made public and invites made to anyone else wishing to be more involved.

Sorry but as soon as an interest was shown by 1 person it should have been made public and invites made to anyone else wishing to be more involved.

spot on that mate

I'm a bit lost here. I thought an AGM was to go over the previous years accounts, what was coming up in the next year and for people to put themselves forward for the Board. If people wanted to know who had put themselves forward, I'm sure one of the directors would told you if asked. As for the fairness of it, there was a ballot paper there for everyone to sign. It was upto the debenture holders to vote either way. It seems whatever the club do, good or bad, some people still won't be happy.

As for Maurice, good luck to the gentleman. You've got my support