Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry Mullaney

Rovers making headway

629 posts in this topic

Can't believe it's happening Terry.

Is lenghtening the pitch part of the plan?

To the best of my knowledge, yes it is.

Cracking stuff. I will miss the railway end probably as much as I missed the bullock shed when that came down too. It's great news though.

Is lenghtening the pitch part of the plan?

Yeah gaz is right. That is the plan as the stand will be closer to the railway and the post office rd end will be moved away from the houses so their will be potential to put a stand up at that end if needs be.

Can't believe it's happening Terry.

Amazing feel good factor Robin. Can't wait for the season to get started.

Not trying to take the shine off anything, recognising the effort, commitment etc and its a short but serious question that may require a long answer. Why is the Club doing all this?

Not trying to take the shine off anything, recognising the effort, commitment etc and its a short but serious question that may require a long answer. Why is the Club doing all this?

Because they want to play at the highest level as they did in the past and not just settle for managed decline like Swinton, Oldham, Hunslet, Barrow and York appear to have done. They want to recapture the glory days when "unfancied" Featherstone beat the best the league could offer. The buzz when we beat Cas and took Wigan all the way last season had to be felt to be believed. Come on Fev!

Give us your reasons why the club shouldn't be doing this. Should make interesting reading

Because they want to play at the highest level as they did in the past and not just settle for managed decline like Swinton, Oldham, Hunslet, Barrow and York appear to have done. They want to recapture the glory days when "unfancied" Featherstone beat the best the league could offer. The buzz when we beat Cas and took Wigan all the way last season had to be felt to be believed. Come on Fev!

York aren't settling for managed decline. York are a couple of seasons away from playing in a brand new stadium. At the moment the club is preparing itself to hit the ground running for when that time comes in 2015.

Great news for Fev though, I'm made up for them. Can't wait to visit when its all finished!

At the moment the club is preparing itself to hit the ground in 2015.

Yeah right Gav, keep taking the "i believe" tablets, i wish it were true but its not going to happen

Corrected for reality

Give us your reasons why the club shouldn't be doing this. Should make interesting reading

No need to be so defensive. Where have I said the club should not do that. In any case, we've already had a good response from Trojan. I really expected that you'd have an instant response.

OK, lets try again. Why is the club doing all this?

Yeah right Gav, keep taking the "i believe" tablets, i wish it were true but its not going to happen

Corrected for reality

We'll see.

A bit of positive news. Sounds like Fev are going the right way opff the pitch too - best of luck :)

Looks fantastic! cant wait to see the finished article If salford very unfortunatly go broke, I think Fev has to be the first choice to replace them in SL..

Looks fantastic! cant wait to see the finished article If salford very unfortunatly go broke, I think Fev has to be the first choice to replace them in SL..

I agree wakey

No need to be so defensive. Where have I said the club should not do that. In any case, we've already had a good response from Trojan. I really expected that you'd have an instant response.

OK, lets try again. Why is the club doing all this?

Not being defensive, just surprised that you should ask such a question. Trojan summed it up pretty well I think. Fev is an ambitious, forward thinking club which embraces all that's good in the game. Apart from the full time aspect it operates right now like a SL club is expected to to. It has attracted two Global sponsors in the past couple of weeks, it will be running a full development pathway, it has award winning community programmes, ladies team, wheelchair team and increased its fan base by 38% over the past year. The first team has been defeated only 5 times in the past three seasons, a performance of consistency which is unrivalled in any sport at any level. The club has done all of the above without Sky funding, a magnificent effort by all concerned. It deserves its chance at the top table and it believes it can make a success if the opportunity comes its way.

So what makes you ask the question?

We'll see.

The ground will probably happen Gav, the predicted revival and turn round in fortunes wont, sadly York will go bust before boom as will several other championship clubs in the next 2 seasons.

The ground will probably happen Gav, the predicted revival and turn round in fortunes wont, sadly York will go bust before boom as will several other championship clubs in the next 2 seasons.

So you're privvy to York's full business plan for the next few seasons then. Do you have the lottery numbers for the next two seasons too?

There simply isnt the money or interest, how much did Batley get from loverugbyleague for the ground renaming rights, i doubt you can answer that in actual monetary terms, sad that clubs are having to resort to back scratching, favours and a bit of free advertising to survive.

Well, you clearly aren't privvy to Batley's business plan then, because you are way off the mark with this one, by a considerable amount too.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings Gav but until the RFL reintroduce promotion and relegation Championship clubs including the few deluded ones have nothing to promote to potential new fans or sponsors

The only 'bearer' that you are is of a self-fulfilling prophecy of doom, of which you have just proven that you know very little about.

Like your initial reply to me Gav, We'll see.

Seriously not a harbinger of doom mate, just a realist, the game is dying on its 4rse, we used to say it was dying on it's 4rse outside of Super League but you can include Super League in that statement now, why do you think the RFL are scrambling round like loonies looking at abolishing the licence system without actually admitting that its been a massive failure, introducing a 2 tier super league and lots of other ideas.

I have no interest in the game or clubs going #### up, i earn a second income from the game and dont want to lose it.

I dont need to be privvy to anyones business plans to see that clubs are destined for failure.

The game needs a massive overhaul from the grass roots upwards and a massive change in its senior personell, it needs an injection of fresh forward thinking people (not unlike yourself) to make the change, if clubs go to the wall then so be it, start afresh and start from strength.

Anyway, back on topic, i hope Fev continue as they are doing, seems they have progressive thinkers on board but i fear that Super League simply cannot sustain 3 clubs in such close proximity so the structure must change, hopefully it wont mean someone has to go under for someone else to survive only to go under themselves.