Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry Mullaney

Rovers making headway

629 posts in this topic

Wow a whole 6 wins, they are only still in SL because P&R does not exist but it did when Leigh finished bottom. 'They are building a team' are they. Apart from Kevin Brown what other major signings have they made? If you take your argument regarding some of our players being given a chance in SL but not making it, why are you so confident with Widnes's players who finished bottom of the pile.

As for them finishing above Salford. If Salford lose players because a buyer can't be found I think you are right but I reckon there are 4 championship clubs who could finish above Salford if this was the case. If Salford find a buyer and don't lose any players I can't see them finishing higher and I deffinately can't see them finishing above Cas and Hull KR. Oh and the play offs in 2014, this all depends on player recruitment, without major signings I think you are being optimistic.

My point is that in my opinion you always have double standards. Take my argument above about Leigh and Widnes and then our ex SL players against Widnes current SL players who could not cut it last year.

I appreciate your support on giving us a chance in SL through franchising. My opinion is that I would rather do this through P&R but I would watch myt team in any league and at the same time campaign against a return to P&R.

so whendangerous dessie deliberately broke the salary cap rules and made under the table payments you think barrow should have been promoted despite being run by a crook?????

Bragging about your club who are in an higher league because they got voted in is just very sad.

I would rather discuss sport, so again I will remind you about the two 50 point drubbings. The only thing saving you from more punishment from our small little club is that you were voted in to the SL, unless we get you in the cup.

Top of the Championship versus bottom of SL would be a nice cup game for our little club.

just amswer the question soft lad what happened in the past is history, we won the world club challenge but till ended up being dumped out of the first super league to allow the inclusion of paris, but that is in the past and now is now, we are in super league and featherstone are not as aleksander orlov says.........................simples.

and i would love to meet featherstone in the cup! and give them a hiding like we meeted out to salford, castleford and hull............as i said before there is one team is the CC that meets the current criteria for a license and that club is HALIFAX!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yaaaaaay he's back! :lol:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

:lol: :lol: eee ya certainly brighten things up thee lad!

I really font think you realise just how much you cheer me up! :lol: :lol:

Keep it up sunshine :lol:

Oooh you ought to address those anger management issues.

Make an appointment and come n see me. I won't charge much! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not that year, Leigh were long gone early but take this last SL season, Widnes, Castleford and London fighting it out to the bitter end. There would have been some nailbiting going on if there had been a relegation place for one of them.

Nail biting yes.....

Crowds no......

Padge and then an article in RL World, all done with extensive factual research.

If Padge said it it must be right! :lol:

w@nker

Come on Viking there's no need for that. I don't think there are many Championship supporters who don't hope Widnes do well. After all it proves our point that our clubs given the chance can compete at the top level. The whole point about relegation is that there is a way back, it's not a total disaster. At the moment clubs are artificially held in their position by the iniquitous licensing rule.

You do not have to be succesful to pull in new supporters, in fact it is better if you get them in when you are not.

This is what causes clubs so much trouble, this mistaken belief that the only way get people through the turnstiles is by winning something, the minute you start to lose they walk.

Clubs have upped attendances whilst being out the running, its not impossible to do it.

If this is truly the case why should any club fear a bad run and relegation. On this basis it should be good for crowd numbers.

If this is truly the case why should any club fear a bad run and relegation. On this basis it should be good for crowd numbers.

Once again you have failed to understand what I have posted.

Why stop at Parky and Padge. Don't forget JohnM's attempt to derail this thread with his 'so what' game. He appears to have given in because he hasn't answered my question has to why he does not play this pathetic game on other threads.

I can't be everywhere at once so i try to focus on the most diificult, intransigent and most needy csses. HoweverI can only help those who want to be helped. I gave up with you because you refuse to open your mind and to clear it of erroneous preconceptions. You constantly interpret any feedback as an attack, an attempt to undermine your club. You do need to unerstand that when people ask you to justify yourself, they may actually be trying to help. So, yes, I've given up trying to help you and have chosen the easier option of curing all known diseases.

All I know is that I know my Rugby. On the odd occasion I watched SL last year I watched Widnes twice. Once versus Warrington and once versus Cas. The games lacked any intensity and were in my opinion total dross because Widnes had nothing to play for and their players knew this.These games tell me all I need to know about franchising, as a sporting event it was a total switch off. If Widnes were fighting relegation it would without question be a different sporting event. If this is to carry on crowds will eventually drop (even if they aren't all ready). because you will not get people paying to watch these boring non events

Before licensing came in when we had P & R attendances in SL rose steadily.

After licensing came in average crowds dropped because the SL went to 14 clubs.

But average crowds rose again and we average 9431 now

Your heart says one thing, but your head will appreciate the facts, even in these hard economic times SL remains very well supported, P & R isn't a crowd puller, Superleague is.

If Padge said it it must be right! :lol:

He didn't just say it he researched it thoroughly.

So there's no need for that flippant remark, made I assume because the facts do not suit you.

I can't be everywhere at once so i try to focus on the most diificult, intransigent and most needy csses. HoweverI can only help those who want to be helped. I gave up with you because you refuse to open your mind and to clear it of erroneous preconceptions. You constantly interpret any feedback as an attack, an attempt to undermine your club. You do need to unerstand that when people ask you to justify yourself, they may actually be trying to help. So, yes, I've given up trying to help you and have chosen the easier option of curing all known diseases.

I certainly do not need any help from the likes of you. Still can't give me a straight answer why you don't play your pathetic 'so what' game on other threads such as the World cup ticket sales.

You are like a politician you clearly post on this thread to try and de-rail positive news and then when challenged come up with a load of bull about a why not game and helping people.

so whendangerous dessie deliberately broke the salary cap rules and made under the table payments you think barrow should have been promoted despite being run by a crook?????

So breaking the Salary cap never happens in SL. Strange how you pick on a Championship club without pointing out the shortfalls of your fellow SL clubs. Just like Parky double standards.

just amswer the question soft lad what happened in the past is history, we won the world club challenge but till ended up being dumped out of the first super league to allow the inclusion of paris, but that is in the past and now is now, we are in super league and featherstone are not as aleksander orlov says.........................simples.

and i would love to meet featherstone in the cup! and give them a hiding like we meeted out to salford, castleford and hull............as i said before there is one team is the CC that meets the current criteria for a license and that club is HALIFAX!!!!

aleksander orlov says.........................simples. - Sums you up perfectly.

You were wrongly kicked out of SL and then wrongly voted back in. As my mother always says 2 wrongs don't make a right.

As for a meeting in the cup, the rubbing rags of SL do not scare me.

aleksander orlov says.........................simples. - Sums you up perfectly.

You were wrongly kicked out of SL and then wrongly voted back in. As my mother always says 2 wrongs don't make a right.

As for a meeting in the cup, the rubbing rags of SL do not scare me.

Ian he's nuts mate. He just came on here for someone to bite. His team isn't any better than ours. And he says he would like to draw us in the CC I would love to draw them in the CC if it was any team in SL we would draw it would be them as they are a team we could beat unlike the likes of Leeds and Wigan etc.

It wasn't Huddersfield's fault that the promotion candidates didn't come up to scratch or turned promotion down.

Turned promotion down, you have not got a clue.

Before licensing came in when we had P & R attendances in SL rose steadily.

After licensing came in average crowds dropped because the SL went to 14 clubs.

But average crowds rose again and we average 9431 now

Your heart says one thing, but your head will appreciate the facts, even in these hard economic times SL remains very well supported, P & R isn't a crowd puller, Superleague is.

SL is a crowd puller for only a few clubs. Why do you think Widnes or Salford did not hit there crowd targets last year? I honestly believe that if we carry on with non events that our elite comp will suffer and crowds will go down.

I can' be the only one who thought that many SL games last year was like watching paint dry.

And all of Leigh's games in SL were memorable, enthralling, exciting edge of the seat stuff where they.

No but Wigans relegation threatened season were before they broke the salary cap rules when signing Stuart Fielden

SL is a crowd puller for only a few clubs. Why do you think Widnes or Salford did not hit there crowd targets last year? I honestly believe that if we carry on with non events that our elite comp will suffer and crowds will go down.

I can' be the only one who thought that many SL games last year was like watching paint dry.

A good comparison are Salford and Wakefield games pre SL and post licensing, both have hovered around the bottom in both eras.

If pre SL and with P&R everything was rosey I would expect the pre SL attendance figures to be far higher for their relegation battles than the none event games of the last 3 years.

Here are the facts.

Season 92/93

Wakefield 12th Salford 13th out of 14

Wakefield and Salford finished on the same points, Wakey ahead on points diff.

Salford were saved fro relegation when an emergency meeting at the end of season decided to expand division one to 16 clubs

At Wakefield 3,750 mid season

At Salford 3,734 early season

Av 3,742

93/94 Wakefield 14 Salford 12 out of 16

The game at Wakefield was with 3 games to go to end of season they missed relegation by 1 point

At Wakefield 2,685 3 games untl end of season

At Salford 3,525 Mid season

Av 3,105

94/95 Wakefield 13th Salford 12th out of 16

At Wakefield 3,355 1st game of season

At Salford 2,637 Mid season

Av 2,296

Wakefield 8th Salford 12th out of 14

At Wakefield 6,748

At Salford 2,380

Av 4,564

Wakefield 13th Salford 11th out of 14