Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry Mullaney

Rovers making headway

629 posts in this topic

it's a shame to see the Titanic efforts and financial input of Paul Coventry not mentioned.

Without him this project would not be happening.

Thanks Paul

I agree wakey . But on a serious note I don't want us to go in yet as we're not ready at the minute. I want us to go in when were ready which will be in 2015 and then we can have a proper crack at it.

under auto prom and reg your club would have gone up whether they were 'ready' or not

York aren't settling for managed decline. York are a couple of seasons away from playing in a brand new stadium. At the moment the club is preparing itself to hit the ground running for when that time comes in 2015.

Great news for Fev though, I'm made up for them. Can't wait to visit when its all finished!

I bet they were saying the same thing 20 years ago when they left Clarence Street and moved to the modern Ryedale Stadium. How did that work out for them ?

Posted · Hidden by John Drake, December 24, 2012 - No reason given

it's a shame to see the Titanic efforts and financial input of Paul Coventry not mentioned.

Without him this project would not be happening.

Thanks Paul

Unlike some Paul doesnt do what he does for praise and thanks, Paul does what he does because he loves Rovers, there are countless people who do hour after hour of work but dont want a freebie or dont want praised and thanked. Even myself and oldrover went to Elland road with horse boxes hitched up to our cars and spent a full day loading blue seats, taking them to fev and unloading at some considerable expense to both of us. Did we get thanked "NO" did we want thanking "NO". Did we get a freebie "NO" did we want one "NO". My pet hate is folk who do free voluntary work then moan if there not constantly praised and thanked, just dont do it in the 1st place

Not being defensive, just surprised that you should ask such a question. Exactly the problem. You may know why but maybe that has not been communicated well enough

Trojan summed it up pretty well I think. And I said he did

So what makes you ask the question? see below

Why be surprised? Unless you can explain why, we can of course try to guess and we might guess wrongly.

In my opinion, the inability of the game as a whole - you are not alone in this- to explain itself is part of the reason why it finds it so difficult to get media coverage and to attract new fans ( rather then returning fans)

So, I would like people to know why so many people are putting in so much time and money.

Lets apply the "so what" test or the "which means that" test. By the time we've done this you should have the basis of an article about the club that even the Guardian might publish, rather than asking them to publish these words

"FEV: WELL, IT'S OBVIOUS, INNIT!"

It has attracted two Global sponsors in the past couple of weeks. So what? This isn't a reason. Its a thing. Why did it attract to global sponsors? What is the benefit?

it will be running a full development pathway, So what? This isn't a reason. Its a thing. Why do this?

it has award winning community programmes. again, this is a what not a why. So what?

ladies team, again, this is a what not a why. So what? What is the benefit?

wheelchair team again, this is a what not a why. So what? What is the benefit?

and increased its fan base by 38% over the past year. which means what?

It deserves its chance at the top table . Sounds like begging. Are you sure the club has not worked tirelessly to achieve a place in the elite comp?

and it believes it can make a success if the opportunity comes its way. So what? I believe in the tooth fairy but that does not make her exist. If? Isn't all that a bit feeble? How about WHEN?

I'm determined to drag this out of you even if it takes all week. :) :) And I'm doing it for nothing, too. :O

Jesus wept.

Is "because the club is trying to be as good as it can be" not a sufficient answer?

under auto prom and reg your club would have gone up whether they were 'ready' or not

Well, I guess it must be non automatic p andr then because Leigh finished in a relegation spot but were not relegated when Gateshead volunyeered for the drop in their place.

I bet they were saying the same thing 20 years ago when they left Clarence Street and moved to the modern Ryedale Stadium. How did that work out for them ?

What is the relevance of something that happened 20 years ago?

Times have changed. The City of York has changed.

Under auto P & R the huge gap in class between the two leagues wouldn't have developed.

It has attracted two Global sponsors in the past couple of weeks. So what? This isn't a reason. Its a thing. Why did it attract to global sponsors? What is the benefit?

it will be running a full development pathway, So what? This isn't a reason. Its a thing. Why do this?

it has award winning community programmes. again, this is a what not a why. So what?

ladies team, again, this is a what not a why. So what? What is the benefit?

wheelchair team again, this is a what not a why. So what? What is the benefit?

and increased its fan base by 38% over the past year. which means what?

It deserves its chance at the top table . Sounds like begging. Are you sure the club has not worked tirelessly to achieve a place in the elite comp?

and it believes it can make a success if the opportunity comes its way. So what? I believe in the tooth fairy but that does not make her exist. If? Isn't all that a bit feeble? How about WHEN?

I'm determined to drag this out of you even if it takes all week. :) :) And I'm doing it for nothing, too. :O

John M you have exelled yourself this time. Love the way you have asked for a bite and when you got one you ask why Terry was defensive. I have got to hand it to you though, even I have bitten. Just because it's Christmas my points below for your entertainment, Enjoy!

It has attracted two Global sponsors in the past couple of weeks. So what? This isn't a reason. Its a thing. Why did it attract to global sponsors? What is the benefit? The benefit is simple more sposorship means more money. Do try to keep up.

it will be running a full development pathway, So what? This isn't a reason. Its a thing. Why do this? Because this is what we belived was a pathway to succesful franchise application. The way the RFL is negleting the junior set up though in order for SL clubs to have feeder clubs your point is probably valid Why do this?.

it has award winning community programmes. again, this is a what not a why. So what? Because is generates positive interest in the club. Take my wife for example, she no longers looks at the Rovers as a place where I am spending time away from the family on a Sunday. My daughter has no interest in RL but she is a cheerleader for the club and loves it. She loves meeting the players when they visit her local school. Both my kids love the holiday camps and as a family we love spending time enjoying things the club sets up.

ladies team, again, this is a what not a why. So what? What is the benefit? Again part of being a community club and generatimg new interest for different reasons. Every team that Rovers run aim at being the best (oops sorry I mad a statement not a reason) because being the best they can is what everyone wants to acheive.

wheelchair team again, this is a what not a why. So what? What is the benefit? Same as above.

and increased its fan base by 38% over the past year. which means what? Oh dear.... It means that 38% of people are coming through the turnstiles to watch Featherstone Rovers. They are not getting in there cars and driving 15 mile to watch the delightful entertainmet that Leeds Rhinos put on. Why is this? Because of the ponits above regarding being a community club, NEW supportes have an allegience to Featherstone Rovers. Apologies if thsi does not fit with your ideas that we should all follow our nearest SL giants but us flatcappers are stubborn sods who just will not go away.

I'm determined to drag this out of you even if it takes all week. :) :) And I'm doing it for nothing, too. :OOh I bet you could! Why not try the same game on some other threads for example the following: 'World cup 2013 ticket sames bost one year out from final'. So what? This isn't a reason it's a thing. Why do this?

My eyes!

Feck me, my career is over as a photographer is over unless they make braille cameras.

Jesus wept.

Is "because the club is trying to be as good as it can be" not a sufficient answer?

indeed

Unlike some Paul doesnt do what he does for praise and thanks, Paul does what he does because he loves Rovers, there are countless people who do hour after hour of work but dont want a freebie or dont want praised and thanked. Even myself and oldrover went to Elland road with horse boxes hitched up to our cars and spent a full day loading blue seats, taking them to fev and unloading at some considerable expense to both of us. Did we get thanked "NO" did we want thanking "NO". Did we get a freebie "NO" did we want one "NO". My pet hate is folk who do free voluntary work then moan if there not constantly praised and thanked, just dont do it in the 1st place

I have no idea whom or what you are talking about, neither its relevance to the thread. One of your more bizzarre semi literate abusive ramblings.

Paul Coventry deserves mention for his contribution to the developments at your club. That was all I was saying: pity you had to put some kind of sick spin on it, but not surprising.

What is the relevance of something that happened 20 years ago?

Times have changed. The City of York has changed.

It didn't completely suceed ,maybe because athletics stadiums are not ideal venues for watching RL. Other examples are the Don Valley, Gateshead international and Crystal Palace. The new stadium will be a purpose built soccer/RL stadium as far as I know and will be far better than the Ryedale stadium ever was. It will, in fact, be SL ready, or easily expanded to be so.

For my two pennorth, York is a decent sized City with a name recognised world wide and has just as much potential to advance the profile of the game in the UK as Toulouse does, not that I'm knocking Toulouse, the more the merrier. With the stadium on the horizon, if York could find the money, they would be a great addition to SL.

I have no idea whom or what you are talking about, neither its relevance to the thread. One of your more bizzarre semi literate abusive ramblings.

Paul Coventry deserves mention for his contribution to the developments at your club. That was all I was saying: pity you had to put some kind of sick spin on it, but not surprising.

Wheres the abuse?, i dont see any sick spin.

We all know your game , lets slate them for not praising covo enouugh, the man doesnt want peoples praise hes happy doing what he does, and if he doesnt get praise he wont walk away and slag the club off

Wheres the abuse?, i dont see any sick spin.

We all know your game, lets slate them for not praising covo enouugh, the man doesnt want peoples praise hes happy doing what he does, and if he doesnt get praise he wont walk away and slag the club off

no doubt this thread will turn into a mega fev love in as usual. what next? the traffic lights in featherstone changed from green to red???

no doubt this thread will turn into a mega fev love in as usual. what next? the traffic lights in featherstone changed from green to red???

Fair do's Viking Warrior, Fev have come from CC1 to the edge of SL and rebuilt their stadium along the way and without the assistance of a huge investor. I think they deserve some accolades for that.

Your guys wrote the textbook, you can hardly complain when others follow the example. :)

For 'Destination Superleague' read 'Dare to dream'.

On a thread about Featherstone Rovers? How very dare they...

surely any club that is doing well and making improvements should be praised. It not only shows the club in a good light but also the game in general when clubs are prospering in such financial hard times.

So what is your problem with Fev?

No but if the council decided to do away with the unique "not a bus stop" there could be real trouble. ;)

After reading the first few posts I agree, this is fantastic news.

(I was rather worried it was about Hull KR :ph34r: )