Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry Mullaney

Rovers making headway

629 posts in this topic

If that's the case do they really have the long term future of the club at heart? I would question if I wanted them to be in charge of a club I love.

Why? there is nothing in the champ for any owner.If we do get SL they will be here to stay for a long time.If we go bust or mark walks away at least we can say we tried.(i dont want us to go bust etc but i dont want 100 years of slugging it out in the champ either or champ one}

Why? there is nothing in the champ for any owner.If we do get SL they will be here to stay for a long time.If we go bust or mark walks away at least we can say we tried.(i dont want us to go bust etc but i dont want 100 years of slugging it out in the champ either or champ one}

I would question any "sh*t or bust" mentality. Which it would appear from your posts that's what the club are aiming for.

I would sell it personally because if we dont get SL what have we got to lose 100 years of champ rugby with nothing but tin cups to show for it? Plus our BOD will walk if we dont get SL so we would be on our ar*e again so we might as well go for it or go bust.

What sort of price can you get for land with no access ?

What would a developer build ? A helipad ?

That's the problem with just selling off the spare bit ............

I would question any "sh*t or bust" mentality. Which it would appear from your posts that's what the club are aiming for.

To be honest i dont know just speculating.But can you see our BOD and investors staying around if we have no chance of SL? [i cant}

If that's the case do they really have the long term future of the club at heart? I would question if I wanted them to be in charge of a club I love.

Great point.

We or they would make access im sure.At the back of the family stand would be easy to make access.

you already have the on field criteria box ticked now you have the others to tick, it took widnes 5 years to have a successful bid, and we proved that a club from outside the top flight can gate crash the party on our own merits even in the licensing system, i hope featherstone achieve their goal but there is a massive amount of hard work still to be done........

sensible post! I would add that the Fev BoD are indeed graftin their ar ses off. I believe it's a distinct possibility if SL is to remain as a 14 club comp. Who would make way is a much more difficult question....

absolutely!

We or they would make access im sure.At the back of the family stand would be easy to make access.

Really ?

It's very narrow .......

There will be access to the land when the housing development is built opposite the junction pub that will have a new access road, although this has upset some residents with the traffic congestion that this will cause. But hope that clears the access part up. And with the access sorted and the area already pinpointed by the council for housing development is that going to increase the value of the land Rovers own? I would think so.

Really ?

It's very narrow .......

Daz as covered it for me i was just about to say the exact same thing.

sensible post! I would add that the Fev BoD are indeed graftin their ar ses off. I believe it's a distinct possibility if SL is to remain as a 14 club comp. Who would make way is a much more difficult question....

What you need to ask - and this is a rhetorical question again - is who are we better than ?

Not - are we good enough to be in $uperleague ?

Ideally, we'd have around 20 clubs good enough to be in $uperleague and then we could have p+r back.

What you need to ask - and this is a rhetorical question again - is who are we better than ?

Ideally, we'd have around 20 clubs good enough to be in $uperleague and then we could have p+r back.

I realise this Richie!

I think we will replace c*s because we will have a SL stadium and they wont by the looks of it and their skint.

There will be access to the land when the housing development is built opposite the junction pub that will have a new access road, although this has upset some residents with the traffic congestion that this will cause. But hope that clears the access part up. And with the access sorted and the area already pinpointed by the council for housing development is that going to increase the value of the land Rovers own? I would think so.

Hmmm - I didn't think it was going that far up but, if it is, that could well be very useful for Rovers.

I think we will replace c*s because we will have a SL stadium and they wont by the looks of it and their skint.

Could be - having a CEO who's never actually won in Cas as player, coach or administrator is a bit of an albatross round their neck. :lol:

Hmmm - I didn't think it was going that far up but, if it is, that could well be very useful for Rovers.

The council want our land for housing they will make it go that far i bet :lol: :lol: :lol:.They are like the RFL they will get what they want eventually

Well, the only caveat I have is that access can depend on a small strip of land that someone else owns. That's when you get held to ransom.

Anyway - just more speculation at the moment.

Well, the only caveat I have is that access can depend on a small strip of land that someone else owns. That's when you get held to ransom.

Anyway - just more speculation at the moment.

That would be the councils problem not ours though would'nt it? Also isnt the allotments council owned anyway.

Great point as always.

Mr. O'Connor's money and business acumen made Widnes better than a bankrupt Crusaders.

That doesn't YET make them a superleague club in the true sense of the word.

That would be the council's problem, not ours, though would'nt it?

Yeah, but, Gaz - if it was a problem, the Council wouldn't buy it.

They wouldn't pay a fat wad to Fev and then say "Bless me, we can't actually get there".

They wouldn't pay a fat wad to Fev and then say "Bless me, we can't actually get there".

:lol: no but they would'nt give fev a fat wad in the first place without giving the owner a fat wad. But i think im right that the allotments are council owned anyway so that would'nt be a problem griff.

It will not be going all the way up straight away but like any new development they plan for the next phase so the next development can be built, ie- the road can be added to when needed. But i dont know if Rovers are planning to utilise this in the near future.

I do know the land is worth an 8 figure sum though so if the land does get sold. BINGO :lol: :lol:

I do know the land is worth an 8 figure sum though so if the land does get sold. BINGO :lol: :lol:

Two of those figures are the pence though .... :lol: :lol: :lol: