Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry Mullaney

Rovers making headway

629 posts in this topic

Yes, your stats back up my point well. Ta.

It depends what your point was. If it was that all 3 were successful at the same time for the majority of seasons 60/61 - 76/77 then it doesn't back up your point, if your point is that all 3 had possibly their most successful years during that period then it does back up your point.

It depends what your point was. If it was that all 3 were successful at the same time for the majority of seasons 60/61 - 76/77 then it doesn't back up your point, if your point is that all 3 had possibly their most successful years during that period then it does back up your point.

The latter, in a very general way.

The latter, in a very general way.

Then, yes, they back up your point.

Fishing for a bite there padge?

Nope, somebody makes a claim, I go and check it out, I post what I have found, regardless.

Rather than driving 15 mile to watch say, Leeds Rhin or Cas or Wakefield, new supporters have an allegiance to Featherstone Rovers because....

Almost there. Now, why do you want to be in SuperLeague? What can you bring to SuperLeague. Make sure that you are not seen as doing this at the expense of other clubs but by bringing lapsed fans and new fans into the game.

I will try to explain from my personal point of view. My wife did not have any time at all for Rovers but since the club has started looking at cheerleading classes plus rugby and dance holiday camps then she now takes a genuine interest and actually has actually sat through 2 games. Now if you can get my wife to change her mind then there must be other people who are a lot more easily swayed. So take my misses has an example, why would she want to travel 15 miles to watch Leeds Rhinos when she has and never will have any desire to watch them.

In short (and I thought I had answered this before) if you get people interested in the club for a variety of reasons then there is a chance they will turn up on match day and pay to watch the first team.

Your last paragraph is superb. Not saying we are but why can't we be seen to be doing things at the expense of other clubs? They have been doing it for years at the expense of us.

Could you finally have the decency to explain why you have brought this little game to a positive thread about Fev Rovers but have not tried that on positive threads about the game in general (the world cup as the example given). Probably me being a typical paranoid flat capper but if you could please explain it might make me less bitter and twiseted over Christmas. :)

Nope, somebody makes a claim, I go and check it out, I post what I have found, regardless.

I'm not a stats man at all Padge but am I right in thinking there was something like a 12 to 15 year period from 1970s through to the 1980s where Wigan didn't pull off a win at Featherstone? I seem to remember that being the case but would love to know the actual facts when you've time to check them please.

I'm not a stats man at all Padge but am I right in thinking there was something like a 12 to 15 year period from 1970s through to the 1980s where Wigan didn't pull off a win at Featherstone? I seem to remember that being the case but would love to know the actual facts when you've time to check them please.

If it's Fev stats you're after Terry, you know where to come.....

16 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats in 21 home league games from 1941 to 1984

41-2 Featherstone 15 Wigan 7

43-4 Featherstone 5 Wigan 14

44-5 Featherstone 9 Wigan 8

55-6 Featherstone 13 Wigan 6

56-7 Featherstone 15 Wigan 9

58-9 Featherstone 13 Wigan 6

62-3 Featherstone 20 Wigan 10

63-4 Featherstone 17 Wigan 13

64-5 Featherstone 0 Wigan 32

70-1 Featherstone 11 Wigan 29

72-3 Featherstone 38 Wigan 5

73-4 Featherstone 14 Wigan 13

74-5 Featherstone 14 Wigan 8

75-6 Featherstone 20 Wigan 15

76-7 Featherstone 20 Wigan 14

77-8 Featherstone 19 Wigan 8

78-9 Featherstone 13 Wigan 13

81-2 Featherstone 26 Wigan 14

82-3 Featherstone 9 Wigan 9

83-4 Featherstone 15 Wigan 6

84-5 Featherstone 20 Wigan 10

85-6 Featherstone 12 Wigan 26

86-7 Featherstone 0 Wigan 36

88-9 Featherstone 19 Wigan 24

89-90 Featherstone 20 Wigan 26

90-1 Featherstone 16 Wigan 24

91-2 Featherstone 13 Wigan 34

93-4 Featherstone 35 Wigan 22

94-5 Featherstone 24 Wigan 36

If you could deliver that kind of performance for the next 15 years then i'm sure you'd be welcomed into Super League with open arms! B)

If you could deliver that kind of performance for the next 15 years then i'm sure you'd be welcomed into Super League with open arms! B)

No problem dave. That will be easy who are Wigan anyway lol

I think Mark has answered your question, Wigan never have liked playing on small pitches, especially at places where they used to move the side-lines in just for Wigan games. :D

Its amazing how many supporters measure their teams success by using Wigan as a benchmark. :D :D

No problem dave. That will be easy who are Wigan anyway lol

I thoroughly enjoy the cup game v wigan this year! We had a right go at them and the club came across with a massive wad in the credit column on so many levels!

I thoroughly enjoy the cup game v wigan this year! We had a right go at them and the club came across with a massive wad in the credit column on so many levels!

Totally agree robin and that is the dream for any club let alone championship clubs and that's what's missing in our game. I think dreams make RL what it is and hopefully our dream will come true and we will be playing the best week in week out and hopefully upsetting a few big teams along the way.Got to admit I will miss the championship though its a great comp and full of great fans.

There's so few of us we know most fans of other clubs by name!

Seeing as how we are talking statistics and Fev. Someone mentioned that the three teams Cas, Fev and Trinity could not all be sustained in the area. I remembered a Cup weekend , I am sure it was in the 60's when all three were drawn at home and there were three huge crowds. I thought it might have been when Wigan came to Belle Vue and trinity beat them before a crowd of over 20,000 ( I think they used footage of the crowd in the movie This Sporting life) but I have checked as best I can and cannot find the details of the three ties.

If anyone has any idea what I am talking about I would like to know the details of the three crowds that weekend and the year, as the potential for all three to be successful at the same time was amply demonstrated.

If anyone has any idea what I am talking about.....

'Fraid I don't and never have ;) Have a great christmas....

'Fraid I don't and never have ;) Have a great christmas....

Parksider I would love to know who you support because you criticise and try and be little people on here and their clubs. I've never seen you say a good word about any fan or a club yet.

Parksider I would love to know who you support because you criticise and try and be little people on here and their clubs. I've never seen you say a good word about any fan or a club yet.

Look at his name, then refer back to your deep and well rooted knowledge of the game for an answer!!

Look at his name, then refer back to your deep and well rooted knowledge of the game for an answer!!

An hawks fan then? And he continues to criticise other clubs? Oh well I can see why now.

Thanks very much Mark, even more impressive than I first thought. No wonder Maurice wanted us out of the way! Just joking you pie eaters.

I think Mark has answered your question, Wigan never have liked playing on small pitches, especially at places where they used to move the side-lines in just for Wigan games. :D

Its amazing how many supporters measure their teams success by using Wigan as a benchmark. :D :D

Not a bad benchmark to use though Padge, the mighty Wigan. It's a fair old record is that.

.... Wigan never have liked playing on small pitches, especially at places where they used to move the side-lines in just for Wigan games.....

Thanks for that, I'd forgotten how often Wigan coaches came up with that excuse. :D :D :D

An hawks fan then? And he continues to criticise other clubs? Oh well I can see why now.

He's a regular attendee at Headingley now. He should change his user name to Loiner or Rhino or maybe former Leeds 'A' team supporter.

He's a regular attendee at Headingley now. He should change his user name to Loiner or Rhino or maybe former Leeds 'A' team supporter.

A glory supporter then. That's even worse

I think Mark has answered your question, Wigan never have liked playing on small pitches, especially at places where they used to move the side-lines in just for Wigan games.

That old myth. Post Office road, maximum width (always used), minimum length. The 'squarest' pitch in the league.

But you're right, there was something generations of Wigan teams didn't like about coming to Fev, that's for sure.