Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Super league

69 posts in this topic

That was last years deal. What you perhaps don't realise is how far down the food chain RL is in this country. The lions share of sponsorship goes to football, then there's cricket, RU, Golf, F1, Tennis and probably others.

But I'm happy for you if you take pleasure from that and just come to mock.

No it was the deal for this season ended.

Not mocking at all, it worries me that the game in the UK is where it is at the moment, if it keeps going Rugby League will be similar to AFL Internationally where its just a domestic comp. in Aus

SL looks from a distance to be going backwards,

I may be wrong.

Best players are moving to Oz,

Clubs are almost broke.

Clubs that are in the top four are losing money.

Top four has been the same for 15 years or more.

I wish SL had a competitive Welsh Club and a couple of French Clubs on the way up.

That looks like a fantasy.

Castleford

Salford

Hull KR

Widnes

Wakefield

London Broncos

Are all close to the exit door.....

Who would replace them?

Bit harsh.

I mean it's not always a great site but really ...

:lol:

I've never been there but I've heard they're even more negative than the BS on here! Yikes! Sounds a scary scary place.

That was last years deal. What you perhaps don't realise is how far down the food chain RL is in this country. The lions share of sponsorship goes to football, then there's cricket, RU, Golf, F1, Tennis and probably others.

But I'm happy for you if you take pleasure from that and just come to mock.

Well Australia only has

Cricket as the National Sport

AFL

Rugby League

Union

Football

Swimming

Athletics

Must be different here I guess.

League promoted itself and won its share of the public and built on that.

Do you think it was gifted to them?

:lol:

I've never been there but I've heard they're even more negative than the BS on here! Yikes! Sounds a scary scary place.

You should stay home Dave, everyone will be happy with that.

Clubs are almost broke.

I wish SL had a competitive Welsh Club and a couple of French Clubs on the way up.

That looks like a fantasy.

Castleford

Salford

Hull KR

Widnes

Wakefield

London Broncos

Are all close to the exit door.....

Who would replace them?

How are Widnes close to the exit door?

This thread was about who will be the title sponsor for super league in 2013. It's going to be announced early next month. Has anybody got any info?

How are Widnes close to the exit door?

Most teams that are at the bottom of the comp with no foreseeable improvement or ability to attract players that may change their League standing are close to the exit door usually.

Most teams that are at the bottom of the comp with no foreseeable improvement or ability to attract players that may change their League standing are close to the exit door usually.

So in other words you've pulled that one out of your backside along with a few of the others. Okay. Carry on.

Clubs are almost broke.

just to pick you up on a couple of things.

1. Fair enough players are going to oz, but that is a better situation than going to union. Also, that is down to the massive increases in the NRL funding and the exchange rate. Both of these things are out of SLs control and just have to be lived with.

2. Clubs are almost broke. This has always been the case. Always. RL clubs have much less debt than other sports clubs, but the lack of investors is always a concern.

3. Clubs in top 4 are losing money. These clubs could probably return a profit quite easily if they had to. Why ignore the positives? Wigan are very well run, getting great crowds. Wire are growing year on year, have extended their stadium and invested in facilities. Saints have moved into a brand new stadium. Catalan continue to be a success story with crowds growing and stadium improvements.

4. Top 4 being the same for the ladt 15 years. Simply not true. As a Wire fan I can confirm we have been nowhere near the top for the fifteen years. Wigan have had plenty if ups and downs in that period, Catalan werent even around ffs!

if we were to give end of year awards for the most depressive poster on here Andycapp would waltz it.

Well Australia only has

Cricket as the National Sport

AFL

Rugby League

Union

Football

Swimming

Athletics

Must be different here I guess.

League promoted itself and won its share of the public and built on that.

Do you think it was gifted to them?

And how much sponsorship money does athletics, swimming or even soccer take away from RL? I bet its minimal. You simply don't understand the situation in this country.

And I have nothing but admiration for how the Aussie game has done well. But its not a like for like scenario.

And I have nothing but admiration for how the Aussie game has done well.

The NRL is standing still and watching whilst every other sporting code expands.

If it actually got its harris into gear it could be talking about figures that dwarf even what it has now.

But it's a lazy grouping of self-interested clubs whose insular attitudes are desperately unhealthy for the game as a whole.

if we were to give end of year awards for the most depressive poster on here Andycapp would waltz it.

That would be a pretty tough category to be fair...

The NRL is standing still and watching whilst every other sporting code expands.

If it actually got its harris into gear it could be talking about figures that dwarf even what it has now.

But it's a lazy grouping of self-interested clubs whose insular attitudes are desperately unhealthy for the game as a whole.

That sounds like a pretty good description of SL to me., especially the last sentence.

That sounds like a pretty good description of SL to me., especially the last sentence.

How dare you even think that all is not well in the world of SL.

But as far as looking after their own interests, they do well.

Thing is, they could do even better.

How dare you even think that all is not well in the world of SL.

You keep saying this for some reason. Show me someone, anyone, on here who thinks all is perfect in RL. You can't because no one does.

There are people however, who jump on any bad news 'story' in order to declare RL is on its deathbed. Not lapping up every bit of bad news with glee doesn't mean you don't know there are issues.

You keep saying this for some reason. Show me someone, anyone, on here who thinks all is perfect in RL. You can't because no one does.

There are people however, who jump on any bad news 'story' in order to declare RL is on its deathbed. Not lapping up every bit of bad news with glee doesn't mean you don't know there are issues.

Yeah I agree RL is in a bit of a mess at the minute but I for one cherish the good news at the minute no matter what club the news comes from because to be honest im fed up of hearing about all the problems it's nice to actually get some good news now and again.

Dave T,on 23 December 2012 - 10.57am,said:

alternatively, the rfl have shown that they will go with a deal which has no cash if it is not right for them.

Personally I think it shows that the 750k wasnt enough from a betting company.

This may very well work in the RFLs favour if these companies genuinely want in.

Has anyone got an idea which betting company is in the frame to be new sponsor of SL for 2013?

If its true that Betfair offered £750k p.a and then we had a deal with Stobarts was no cash but with some intangible benefits, then if you were looking as a company to sponsor RL, you wouldn't be looking at any more than £500k p.a?? I wouldn't as there is precedent for comparison. Canetman for all his perceived frustration/negativity may be about right.

The RFL can't play hard ball too much on the back of this, and may risk potential sponsors walking away. The sponsors know the game needs the cash. They won't have been oblivious to the Crusaders, Bradford and Salford stories of the last 12 months.

It was my understanding that Betfair wanted exclusivity on sponsorship rights. This would have precluded the likes of Heinz, Irn-Bru,etc, I think SLE, made the right decision in this instance.

Has anyone got an idea which betting company is in the frame to be new sponsor of SL for 2013?

Forget it, the opportunity to have that discussion has long gone.

It was my understanding that Betfair wanted exclusivity on sponsorship rights. This would have precluded the likes of Heinz, Irn-Bru,etc, I think SLE, made the right decision in this instance.

its a good point that is often ignored. engage got every bit of advertising space they could for their money, whereas the only place i saw Stobarts get anything was at Magic and on the comp logos. They had little visibility.

The main disappointment from the deal last year was being unable to find the additional sponsors to fill spaces like the pitch, post protectors, corner flags etc. We only ended up with Heinz and engage.

In principle I agree the idea was good, unfortunately it came at the wrong time imho as we had sponsors leaving like emirates and dewalt.