Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Super league

69 posts in this topic

The NRL is standing still and watching whilst every other sporting code expands.

If it actually got its harris into gear it could be talking about figures that dwarf even what it has now.

But it's a lazy grouping of self-interested clubs whose insular attitudes are desperately unhealthy for the game as a whole.

The NRL is standing still and watching whilst every other sporting code expands.

If it actually got its harris into gear it could be talking about figures that dwarf even what it has now.

But it's a lazy grouping of self-interested clubs whose insular attitudes are desperately unhealthy for the game as a whole.

Whilst the NRL/ARLC have made some poor decisions and are very much all ego based, they are way infront of the RFL and SL. SL struggles to even get a sponsor or any real interest shown in it. The clubs cant even do the basics of how a club shouöd be run- Look at Crusaders, Bradford and Salford for examples. The comment you make is more adapt to the game in the UK than anywhere else. Its such a shame that such a quality product as Rugby League has a set of ego based clueless clowns trying to control things their way and not what is best for the game in general. Chances have been wasted let alone the money. That applies to Australia and NZ as much as England/UK. The administration throughout the game for most the games history has been shocking and has hurt the game more than anything. The NRL/ARLC had the chance to change things in Australia and failed. SL in the UK had the same chance and failed. The International scene as well as the domestic scene outside the full Pro game in the UK and Australia is suffering thanks to many of the decisions the RFL, SL, NRL and ARLC keep making for their own good and not the whole game. I hope one day things will change for the benefit of all. Sadly I cant see it happening.

England joined the Murdoch inspired Super League "vision"

Sold out their friendships in Australia with both the ARL administration and the Fans.

Most Aussies have not forgotten how the English jumped Ship and wanted the ARL to fail in favour of the Global Super League "Vision"

Those were the men you wanted in the Trenches when the going got tough and some shiny ###### offered you some coin to sell your soul.

Whilst the NRL/ARLC have made some poor decisions and are very much all ego based, they are way infront of the RFL and SL. SL struggles to even get a sponsor or any real interest shown in it. The clubs cant even do the basics of how a club shouöd be run- Look at Crusaders, Bradford and Salford for examples. The comment you make is more adapt to the game in the UK than anywhere else. Its such a shame that such a quality product as Rugby League has a set of ego based clueless clowns trying to control things their way and not what is best for the game in general. Chances have been wasted let alone the money. That applies to Australia and NZ as much as England/UK. The administration throughout the game for most the games history has been shocking and has hurt the game more than anything. The NRL/ARLC had the chance to change things in Australia and failed. SL in the UK had the same chance and failed. The International scene as well as the domestic scene outside the full Pro game in the UK and Australia is suffering thanks to many of the decisions the RFL, SL, NRL and ARLC keep making for their own good and not the whole game. I hope one day things will change for the benefit of all. Sadly I cant see it happening.

The money in the Australian game is very impressive and their crowds, but they have a huge rival in the exopanding AFL. I would have thought that now was the time to expand the Australian game to Perth and the various other proposed exapnsioan areas, including mabe a second NZ club, but what do they do, they put of expansion for the forseeable future leaving the AFL with a free reign on expansion.

It seems to me that the NRL should strike whilst the iron is hot and the failure to do it when they have some investors interested in funding franchises is typical of the lack of leadership of the game about which you are complaining.

The money in the Australian game is very impressive and their crowds, but they have a huge rival in the exopanding AFL. I would have thought that now was the time to expand the Australian game to Perth and the various other proposed exapnsioan areas, including mabe a second NZ club, but what do they do, they put of expansion for the forseeable future leaving the AFL with a free reign on expansion.

It seems to me that the NRL should strike whilst the iron is hot and the failure to do it when they have some investors interested in funding franchises is typical of the lack of leadership of the game about which you are complaining.

The issue is distance and long term backing for a team.

Auckland Warriors have nearly gone under a couple of times in recent years.

You realise the flight time from Perth to the East Coast of Oz is 4 hours+

Its like Manchester to Cairo almost.

The issue is distance and long term backing for a team.

Auckland Warriors have nearly gone under a couple of times in recent years.

You realise the flight time from Perth to the East Coast of Oz is 4 hours+

I didn't reaslise it was that far but Perth is the extreme example of NRL expansion. Most would be NSW to Queensland or New Zealand. If the AFL in Oz and the NFL in the US can do it, I think the NRL can do it.

My point is though that the Australian RL game is on the crest of a wave right now and they are pulling in their horns and going into a bunker mentality which looks like typical club driven greed such as the SL personify, rather than using their current superior position to put the boot into the AFL and cement RL as the top dog in the Australian sporting world.

Sold out their friendships in Australia with both the ARL administration and the Fans.

Most Aussies have not forgotten how the English jumped Ship and wanted the ARL to fail in favour of the Global Super League "Vision"

Those were the men you wanted in the Trenches when the going got tough and some shiny ###### offered you some coin to sell your soul.

Don't be such a drama queen. There were no trenches and nobody died - it was a tv deal, that's all. Please keep a sense of perspective, its not that important in the scheme of things.

Cairo RLFC another one of Maurice Lyndsay's pipe dreams.......

Have a good Xmas all.

id suggest most Aussies dont care what happens outside of their own club.

I expect most Aussies are still bitter at the likes of Darren Lockyer etc. who sided with SL iirc.

Cairo RLFC another one of Maurice Lyndsay's pipe dreams.......

Have a good Xmas all.

It was going to be funded by a pyrimid scheme

id suggest most Aussies dont care what happens outside of their own club.

I expect most Aussies are still bitter at the likes of Darren Lockyer etc. who sided with SL iirc.

Merry Christmas everyone.

:)

its not that important in the scheme of things.

A bit like Australia really...or else why do so many want to escape to the UK?

A bit like Australia really...or else why do so many want to escape to the UK?

Total Dreamer, post facts if you have any to support the ###### you posted.

Far more leave UK for Oz than the reverse.

Well done here. I think I can consider this as a classic but until the next one I guess. 

Canetman, if you hate RL so much stop watching it and please stop coming on here, you won't be missed by either people on this forum or the game in general.

I don't recall you being elected spokesperson.

I don't know enough about the NRL but in considering your comment on expansion and the current franchises my uninformed question would be:

To expand I guess means increasing the number of franchises or to replace current one's with new or a total restructuring of the league. 

What would be the suggestion for increasing the franchises and if its to replace existing, how many and which one's go....

If its to increase the number of franchises I guess that increases the number of games and impact to an even greater degree international rugby...

anyway would be interesting to know how to expand and which has to go in order to support expansion...

I don't recall you being elected spokesperson.

Nice one L'ang, Thats what I call quick repartee!

22 months thinking time, did you have a senior moment?

I don't know enough about the NRL but in considering your comment on expansion and the current franchises my uninformed question would be:

To expand I guess means increasing the number of franchises or to replace current one's with new or a total restructuring of the league. 

What would be the suggestion for increasing the franchises and if its to replace existing, how many and which one's go....

If its to increase the number of franchises I guess that increases the number of games and impact to an even greater degree international rugby...

anyway would be interesting to know how to expand and which has to go in order to support expansion...

This was posted before p and r returned to the agenda. Now we have it new clubs will have to enter CC1 in the UK and work their way to SL via p and r, at which time they will replace relegated teams.

In Australia, they should just add new franchises without removing any existing ones. They already have an unbalance fixture system whereby not all teams play each other home and away. In my opinion if they got four expansion teams they could go to two conferences of 10 which would solve their fixture problems.

Nice one L'ang, Thats what I call quick repartee!

22 months thinking time, did you have a senior moment?

the wheels of my muse turn a little slower these days

This was posted before p and r returned to the agenda. Now we have it new clubs will have to enter CC1 in the UK and work their way to SL via p and r, at which time they will replace relegated teams.

In Australia, they should just add new franchises without removing any existing ones. They already have an unbalance fixture system whereby not all teams play each other home and away. In my opinion if they got four expansion teams they could go to two conferences of 10 which would solve their fixture problems.

It was the NRL I was intrigued by... didn't realise in aussieland they didn't all play each other. I guess you could have the conference system like the USA NFL

anyway thanks for taking time to answer