Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guess who

RFL cancels Christmas.

48 posts in this topic

And if they had gone ahead with a party while making 60 redundant?

The comment was about the headline.

It wasnt about anything in the artcile ;)

So complain to the #### about the quality of their "journalism"

Why would i need to complain.

Have they written something which is untrue?

Bloody RFL. Can't they just operate in a bubble? Why do they have to deal with real issues like cuts in income and sponsors? Idiots.

Its a great headline isnt it.

Glad to see everything is OK in the world of SL.

sl? You mean RL or do you think the 60 people were all working for sl teams?

What a ridiculously stupid thread.

Why Gav.

We are looking for a new sponsor for our sport.

Do you think this type of thing will help?

Why Gav.

We are looking for a new sponsor for our sport.

Do you think this type of thing will help?

It will be completely irrelevant. It won't even register on the radar. And 'We' aren't looking for anything either. There is a very good Commercial Manager who has been in the job for six months, and is negotiating the right deal as we speak. He has already knocked back two companies for the sponsorship, so the interest is there. 'You' (and many others) are doing nothing but doom mongering, just let him get on with it for Christs sake.

Its a piece of filler written by a very questionable journalist in an even more questionable rag. Your endless sniping (along with many others) actually causes more harm than these pointless little non-stories, but you don't see it because you claim to have the game's best interests at heart. Oh the irony...

There isn't even a story there, the RFL still had their staff christmas parties, I ended up joining one of them last Friday!

It's the Sun. Not exactly a paragon of integrity. If you believe the stuff they print you'll believe anything.

It's the Sun. Not exactly a paragon of integrity. If you believe the stuff they print you'll believe anything.

I'll be surprised if it's true.

I'm surprised whenever I read about anything in the Sun which is true.

Warburtons bread Super League 2013, ##### thousands of bread vans with crappy staged images splattered all over them but with no money involved, whoopidy ###### doo

Warburtons bread Super League 2013, ##### thousands of bread vans with crappy staged images splattered all over them but with no money involved, whoopidy ###### doo

What is the point to this post? This just proves my earlier point.

Isn't this just the RFL falling in line with what the vast majority of commercial companies do? Seems every year there's less and less "paid for" Christmas do's certainly seems to be the case with the commercial companies I deal with anyhow.

As for sponsorship, look forward to seeing who they link up with, think we've got to stop looking for the negatives and trust that the deal they sign will be the best thats on the table that fits within all the other constraints they have to deal with. Sick of hearing about last years deal, I wasn't a big fan myself but it could have worked out, it wasn't a gamble for a massive amount of money and the alternative with the betting company didn't seem straightforward given how so many clubs have there own betting partners anyhow these days.

What is the point to this post? This just proves my earlier point.

FFS Gav, just because you dont see the point to loads of threads doesn't mean you have the right to question peoples right to post, if it rankles with you so much then report the offending posts but for the time being just dont ##### read them.

Gav please shut up. You have your views and others theirs. There are major as well as minor problems in the game that people comment on. Its natural on a forum people post their thoughts. Some are negative, others positive. You dont like it, then dont read it. Very simple. You have your views yet people respect them even if we dont agree with them. Maybe you should respect others even if you dont agree.

My firm doesnt have a christmas party and I know many others that do not. The RFLhas to save money like many other firms. But it is a news story especially being cancelled so late. Its a very expensive thing to host especially when the numbers are 100 or so. The fact that the RFL is looking to save money on something which doesnt need to be done and the cash used to benefit the sport should be applauded. I dont think the RFL do that great a job in many things. However I will congratulate or agree with them on things I feel they are doing right. There is a story here and the fact is the RFL are cutting costs- good on them!

I think the point Gav is making is that alot seem to jump onto the negative straight away. He states we have turned down two potential sponsors but nobody cares to mention that from his post.

Merry Bloomin Christmas!! :lol:

Another person who seems to prefer shouting about the game failing, so much so that he's invented his own ridiculous negative situation to shout about if he can't think of a real one...

FFS Gav, just because you dont see the point to loads of threads doesn't mean you have the right to question peoples right to post, if it rankles with you so much then report the offending posts but for the time being just dont ##### read them.

I thought it was only me that had noticed the high almighty comments to any comment that doesn't fall into place with the RFL way of thinking.

Some are negative, others positive. You dont like it, then dont read it. Very simple.

How do you know whether you like it or not until you've read it?

How do you know whether you like it or not until you've read it?

Certain posters you know will usually post something you dont like. It maybe annoys you. Its why you ignore them. Some Posts just be the headline alone you know could or will end up in a ##### fight.

I think you will find that today is December 22nd the SL season will start in around 6 weeks time.

Sure a naming rights sponsor will be announced maybe a betting company last minute £ 5/600000K which will still be a mickey mouse deal.

If you think that all is well then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

CM

Big or small ticket?

Another person who seems to prefer shouting about the game failing, so much so that he's invented his own ridiculous negative situation to shout about if he can't think of a real one...

Ha, ha, you obviously have no idea, they have spoken to Warburtons.