Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guess who

RFL cancels Christmas.

48 posts in this topic

Ha, ha, you obviously have no idea, they have spoken to Warburtons.

Anything to do with vans?

Ha, ha, you obviously have no idea, they have spoken to Warburtons.

Is this like the other night when you showed that you had absolutely no idea whatsoever about LoveRugbyLeague.com's deal with Batley?

FFS Gav, just because you dont see the point to loads of threads doesn't mean you have the right to question peoples right to post, if it rankles with you so much then report the offending posts but for the time being just dont ##### read them.

I was just asking what the point was to your post, as to me it looked like you had completely fabricated a situation just so you could put the game down (again). I never once called into question your right to post.

Gav please shut up.

Thats a bit much isn't it? I thought everyone had a right to an opinion? Everybody also has a right to challenge that opinion, especially when they are fabricating situations just so they can put the game down.

You have your views and others theirs. There are major as well as minor problems in the game that people comment on. Its natural on a forum people post their thoughts. Some are negative, others positive. You dont like it, then dont read it. Very simple. You have your views yet people respect them even if we dont agree with them. Maybe you should respect others even if you dont agree.

There are plenty of folk on here who I don't agree with (even you at times), but I completely respect their opinion. How will I know I don't like it if I don't read it?

My firm doesnt have a christmas party and I know many others that do not. The RFLhas to save money like many other firms. But it is a news story especially being cancelled so late. Its a very expensive thing to host especially when the numbers are 100 or so. The fact that the RFL is looking to save money on something which doesnt need to be done and the cash used to benefit the sport should be applauded. I dont think the RFL do that great a job in many things. However I will congratulate or agree with them on things I feel they are doing right. There is a story here and the fact is the RFL are cutting costs- good on them!

For what its worth, I completely agree with you. (Although the RFL did have Christmas parties last week, just not the big one!)

I think you will find that today is December 22nd the SL season will start in around 6 weeks time.

Sure a naming rights sponsor will be announced maybe a betting company last minute £ 5/600000K which will still be a mickey mouse deal.

If you think that all is well then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

CM

Lets see what the new Commercial Manager comes up with before slagging him off eh?

Thats a bit much isn't it? I thought everyone had a right to an opinion? Everybody also has a right to challenge that opinion, especially when they are fabricating situations just so they can put the game down.

There are plenty of folk on here who I don't agree with (even you at times), but I completely respect their opinion. How will I know I don't like it if I don't read it?

For what its worth, I completely agree with you. (Although the RFL did have Christmas parties last week, just not the big one!)

Sorry Gav just thought you was having ago at somebody. If somebody is putting a negative opinion it doesnt mean they are putting the game down. Maybe they feel its not being done right or maybe it should be done better. Sadly and I am one of the worst for this, some of us have problems putting it properly so its easy to say what we mean and misunderstandings occur. I end up them writing loads trying to explain when I should make it short post

I was just asking what the point was to your post, as to me it looked like you had completely fabricated a situation just so you could put the game down (again). I never once called into question your right to post.

Gav, you aint got a bleedin clue mate, put the game down again, where have i put the game down at all, nowhere.

You think nyone who has a different view from you is knocking the game when thats just not true, they may well be knocking SOME OF the institution of the RFL but thats based on history and the RFL's history of making a total balls up of the game since Super League came about, Super League was solely introduced to strengthen the elite competition by producing home grown talent and restricting the employ of overseas players with the objective to make us a stronger national side to be able to compete with the Australians and on that basis they have screwed us big style

After 16/17years of abject failure dont you think the fans (though you wont call them that) have a right to the odd moan now and again

Gav, your holier than thou attitude gives the impression you called into question my right to post, you'd already made it clear in your opening gambit on this thread you thought the whole topic was ridiculously stupid, you should have left it there yet youre still contributing nothing to it.

What as in Patrick Ah

I'm glad to see a sense of humour has prevailed. For crying out loud, my club is dead on its arris and you lot are arguing furiously about a nothing article in a dreadful paper! Relax! Honestly, life is too good to waste on the bloody Sun. After booking my flights and hotels for the Magic Weekend on the dates the Sun gave, only to find the MW was a week later, I learnt never, ever to believe a single word in that rag. I still had a great weekend and got to see a game, too!

Seriously, guys, let's try and accentuate the positive when we can, point out the errors when we must. But above all, let's remain friends and be civil to each other. Please?

edited to avoid the Nanny (aka sweary filter)

Gav, you aint got a bleedin clue mate, put the game down again, where have i put the game down at all, nowhere.

How about here...

Warburtons bread Super League 2013, ##### thousands of bread vans with crappy staged images splattered all over them but with no money involved, whoopidy ###### doo

What was this trying to achieve? Because all it is is a fabricated statement of negativity.

How about here...

What was this trying to achieve? Because all it is is a fabricated statement of negativity.

Get real Wellsy, yes it was a statement of negativity but how on earth does it put the game down FFS, and even if it were meant to put the game down (which it wasn't) so bleeding what, must be nice to go to sleep on a bed of roses every night.

you have your view, i have mine, get over it.

Can people please give a public health warning in the initial thread if a link goes to The Sun. Kids read this forum you know! Thanks :)

I see Barcelona are paying Messi the equivalent of something like £400M for his next deal. This really highlights what a joke RL has become. I hope the RFL are going to match these wages otherwise GB will not beat the Aussies like they did in 1986. :))

I see Barcelona are paying Messi the equivalent of something like £400M for his next deal. This really highlights what a joke RL has become. I hope the RFL are going to match these wages otherwise GB will not beat the Aussies like they did in 1986. :))

I'm sure a SL club will try and end up like Salford, Bradford etc ( just wanted to bite before anyone else lol)

I see Barcelona are paying Messi the equivalent of something like £400M for his next deal.

Wow, is that for real, saw something on telly today about Man Utd being involved in some 80 million transfer deal

Wow, is that for real, saw something on telly today about Man Utd being involved in some 80 million transfer deal

That's the problem with the Salford situation IMO. They expected their crowds to rise but with the 2 Manchester football clubs doing as well as they are surely they couldn't expect much increase in their crowds I would personally be expecting a decrease if anything.

I'm sure a SL club will try and end up like Salford, Bradford etc ( just wanted to bite before anyone else lol)

If they can't match Messis' salary, this proves what a joke RL now is. Time was when RL would dwarf soccer for money and profile.

At least, that's what Jack from 'On the buses' told me over lunch. 'Its true man,' he said 'ask anyone.

Get real Wellsy, yes it was a statement of negativity but how on earth does it put the game down FFS, and even if it were meant to put the game down (which it wasn't) so bleeding what, must be nice to go to sleep on a bed of roses every night.

you have your view, i have mine, get over it.

Are you really questioning how making up a statement that is negative (which you've admitted) puts the game down? It's pretty obvious.

If everyone talked about the game the way you did, we'd have no fans. That's what.

If you feel you need to make up things to make the people running the game seem bad, why waste your time with it at all? I think you need to get over yourself.

Are you really questioning how making up a statement that is negative (which you've admitted) puts the game down? It's pretty obvious.

If everyone talked about the game the way you did, we'd have no fans. That's what.

If you feel you need to make up things to make the people running the game seem bad, why waste your time with it at all? I think you need to get over yourself.

Get over yourself you tool, i seriously dont need to make out that some people running the game seem bad, i haven't and i dont want to but the fact is there are

Youre not God or his lad Jesus, you dont decide how we think or act, you are however blinkered

Move on now please or Santa wont come to visit you

Get over yourself you tool, i seriously dont need to make out that some people running the game seem bad, i haven't and i dont want to but the fact is there are

Youre not God or his lad Jesus, you dont decide how we think or act, you are however blinkered

Move on now please or Santa wont come to visit you

I think the abuse to start with pretty much sums up your point. You don't have one, which is why you've resorted to it.

You don't need to be God, baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, or even a genius to pick apart the flaws to your post. It's not a fact at all, it's your opinion dressed as a fact. That you think it's a fact is what is blinkered.

But do continue. If you feel that insecure about your opinion that you need to fabricate facts and abuse people that don't agree, that's your issue. I won't abuse you, but I will pick apart your "facts" if I feel necessary (which is my right, something you are accusing me and Gav of taking away from you whilst hypocritically wanting to deny us our right of doing back).