See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bleep1673

Christmas TV

47 posts in this topic

It's funny, but over the last 15 years my cynacism and antipathy towards Christmas in general, and Christmas TV in particular has hightened. Now my daughter is 4 years old, and I am 50 & approaching a difficult time in life, I have started to ... Like... Christmas again.

There is lots of Disneys film on over these days that I either haven't seen, EVER, or not seen in Donkeys, as well as Shrek.

Presents? I probably bought more this year, not because of July- but because I love the people involved, than any year for20, although next year might be difficult-er.

As we approach 2013, may we wish youths right course through life's little rapids & I hope you have a better 2013, than I had a 2012 x

Well, given the subject heading is Christmas TV I might as well have a yak about that.

Being devastatingly middle class I've enjoyed the new Snowman animation and the Outnumbered Christmas special (very little focus on the kids and a lot more about the foibles of adults, worked well). I also found and taped the Holiday Armadillo episode of Friends because it makes me laugh like a drain every time I see it.

In the absence of any other live sport I'm going to be trying to appreciate the NBA later.

Now I have a Daughter of 4 (my only kid), & we are now also expecting a Grandchild (through my partners 19 year old), I have discovered Disney films.

Although Alladin was a bit scary for 4's

Lady & Tramp is wonderful, as I haven't seen it in 35 years.

Damnation & f-word. I am not taking her to EuroDisney. Then again, she starts School in September 13.

Outnumbered is quite frankly OUTSTANDING! But the one that made me cry laughing was Mrs Browns Boys.

'Snowman & Snowdog' felt like it had been cobbled together by a committee.

High hopes, however, for 'Restless' on the BBC in a 2-part dramatisation on the 26th and 27th.

Caught Last 15 minutes of Andre Rieu In Masstchrict (haha spl me thinks) Cathedral. Wish I'd have caught the lot. Nice relaxing music, seasonal, in nice surroundings with a fit sopprano. :lol:

To take the tone down a little, I'm currently watching Land of the Lost - useless movie but Anna Friel is running around with very short shorts and a vest.

Caught Last 15 minutes of Andre Rieu In Masstchrict (haha spl me thinks) Cathedral. Wish I'd have caught the lot. Nice relaxing music, seasonal, in nice surroundings with a fit sopprano. :lol:

my missus watches his stuff all the time on sky arts and the dvds of him. i find his live concerts quite entertaining and that carmen monacha who sings is stunning both with her voice and her looks.

Just watched my first ever episode of 'Downton Abbey'. Bloody hellfire, that's terrible! About 100 times worse than I'd feared. A screenful of plywood, and that's being charitable.

Just watched my first ever episode of 'Downton Abbey'. Bloody hellfire, that's terrible! About 100 times worse than I'd feared. A screenful of plywood, and that's being charitable.

The scenery or the acting?

The best thing on tell has been the repeats of Only Fools and Horses on UK gold.

There is no such thing as "the best thing on telly." It's all rubbish.

Yours huffily,

E. Scrooge

The scenery or the acting?

Just about everyone delivered their cliched dialogue in the stilted manner of a terrorist hostage video.

Just about everyone delivered their cliched dialogue in the stilted manner of a terrorist hostage video.

I warn you, despite its flaws, and there are many (just you wait till you get to some of the historical reference stuff), it can be strangely addictive, and enjoyable.

...and the lovely Hayley Atwell to look forward to in the William Boyd adaptation of Restless.

More repeats of Morecambe and Wise,Robot Chicken Star wars on Sci-Fi channel on Christmas night,superb.

Enjoyed Miranda - such fun!

That character of her mother - I've met real versions of her. Terrifying and unstoppable!

Enjoyed the Royle Family (though it felt like 2 episodes stitched together).

I thought it was absolutely terrible. The originals had storylines based in the real world but this one was just ludicrous - almost a parody of the early episodes.

Mrs Brown's Boys was ok, Doctor Who was weak and I think that The Big Bang Theory has just about run its course.

The RU Tries of the year was funny as they had to include South African club matches / NZ Cup comp / Super 1?'s and internationals to fill 30 minutes even though they show at least twice if not three times as many UK / European matches as they do Super League.

Ditto for another Sky Arts programme ... I caught the back end (ooh err missus!!) of Burlesque Undressed, featuring artiste Immodesty Blaize and a virtuoso song delivery from Marc Almond.

Must be worth a look at the whole programme when it's repeated. B)

Watched to road journey in Madagascar and very dodgy, to say the least. Some of the bridges were not for the faint-hearted!