Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bleep1673

Christmas TV

47 posts in this topic

Father Ted was hilarious, as usual.

Watched to road journey in Madagascar and very dodgy, to say the least. Some of the bridges were not for the faint-hearted!

Just watched that Mariella Frostrup is my kind of women.

Just watched that Mariella Frostrup is my kind of women.

You mean there's more than one of her? :O

Wow! :D

Tonights Worlds Most Dangerous Roads!!!! Jessica Hynd is M..A..D..!

Looking forward to watching the recording.

She was quite brilliant!

Watched a couple of the Royal Intitute Christmas lectures. Very well presented on a subject I am woefully ignorant (Chemistry).

I watched a couple, too. Hugely inspirational for young aspiring chemists, I would have thought.

I watch them every year, since being a kid.

I don't always understand them (even though they are aimed at kids), but I always learn something new.

Only seen one programme this Xmas, a history of summer season variety acts at Blackpool, excellent and a interesting contrast with the reputation of the town today

The best thing on tell has been the repeats of Only Fools and Horses on UK gold.

The "Time on their hands" episode is genius. Well deserved its record audience.

I have had to resort to Sky+ far too often, lots of channels, so little quality. Still, "Superstars" is on later, that takes me back to a happy time when Morecambe and Wise were on at Christmas.

I thought it was absolutely terrible. The originals had storylines based in the real world but this one was just ludicrous - almost a parody of the early episodes.

Mrs Brown's Boys was ok

Couldnt agree more about the Royle Family. It used to be simple and discrete and people could often relate to some of the things going on, but now they have made the characters incredibly stupid.

Its been a major problem with all the Christmas specials as all the characters havent featured, and the show without Nana, Anthony, Cheryl, Mary and even Twiggy just doesnt feel balanced.

Mrs Browns Boys pt 1 was enjoyable, pt2 was terrible. The worst they have done by far!

I enjoyed Outnumbered and Him and Her.

Not a vintage year for Christmas TV, although I enjoyed 'Outnumbered'. I've (hopefully) recorded 'Restless' so that may be a consolation when I get home on New Year's Day.

I was daydreaming while waiting for the tube yesterday, and as the train came into the station my eyes focused on what I was looking at, I thought I had misread it as the train pulled in, so I let that train go and waited for the next one. I had read the poster correctly, CBS Action are showing the best thing to escape from USA......

Dexter.

Now showing series 2

Couldnt agree more about the Royle Family. It used to be simple and discrete and people could often relate to some of the things going on, but now they have made the characters incredibly stupid.

Its been a major problem with all the Christmas specials as all the characters havent featured, and the show without Nana, Anthony, Cheryl, Mary and even Twiggy just doesnt feel balanced.

They should have stopped after "The Queen of Sheba". That episode was one of the most perfect TV shows ever made.

Laugh, cry, BRILLIANT!!!

Doctor Who was weak

That's it, you're barred! :D

Only jesting of course. I thought Doctor Who was quite good, but then as a fan, I would say that wouldn't I. I can appreciate that the casual Xmas Day viewer might not have had a clue what was going on though, as it was a bit self indulgent in parts. That said, it was the only show on Xmas Day that my whole clan sat down and watched together from start to finish (and not just because I forced them to, honest).

That's it, you're barred! :D

Only jesting of course. I thought Doctor Who was quite good, but then as a fan, I would say that wouldn't I. I can appreciate that the casual Xmas Day viewer might not have had a clue what was going on though, as it was a bit self indulgent in parts. That said, it was the only show on Xmas Day that my whole clan sat down and watched together from start to finish (and not just because I forced them to, honest).

I tried to watched Doctor Who but it looked as if the special effects had been done as a project by some 6th form students.

I tried to watched Doctor Who but it looked as if the special effects had been done as a project by some 6th form students.

Tsk, the Beeb's not made of money, use your imagination! :P

'Snowman & Snowdog' felt like it had been cobbled together by a committee.

I liked it. It reeled me in from the minute the old dog kicked the bucket at the start.

Tsk, the Beeb's not made of money, use your imagination! :P

Thanks for not banning me by the way