Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamescolin

New signing

19 posts in this topic

League weeklt Nosey Parker says we havw signed second rower Andy Finn from Warrington. Done a bit of RU and is highly regarded. Anybody know more about him?

League weeklt Nosey Parker says we havw signed second rower Andy Finn from Warrington. Done a bit of RU and is highly regarded. Anybody know more about him?

Sorry about the spelling- well it is Boxing Day.

If its the Andy Finn that is Irish and played for Shannon rugby union team in Ireland? If it is him I've seen him play once or twice. Won't comment if I've got the wrong person.

If its the Andy Finn that is Irish and played for Shannon rugby union team in Ireland? If it is him I've seen him play once or twice. Won't comment if I've got the wrong person.

Don't know TG. His RU team was given as Old Brodleians. Got to old for Warrington under 19's and came back this way. Halifax based he is tipped to go to the top by his old club.

Don't know TG. His RU team was given as Old Brodleians. Got to old for Warrington under 19's and came back this way. Halifax based he is tipped to go to the top by his old club.

If it is who I think it is he is a quality player from what I've seen of him col. He gives 100% and he is very quick for a forward and he takes a lot of stopping. If it is him I guarantee he will be in the starting 17 very regularly. A fantastic signing for us probably the best signing we've made in pre season if like I say it is the guy im thinking of.

not heard a thing Col.

Sure he is a Halifax lad who was playing Union that went to Warrington U20s and was then released this past couple of months. He went back playing Union. I dont know, but maybe he is related to your other Finn who originates from Halifax, Liam.

If you think about it, chances are he will be very good? If the U23's are being scrapped there will be loads of unfortunate quality players searching for an employer. Daryl will have more wannabes than Simon Cowell knocking on his door and he would only go for the best!

There are likely to be more and more former SL U23's coming into the Championship, especially at some of the unfancied clubs.Some will probably be failures, but some could develope into real stars. It's up to the coaches to spot the best!

I'll finish it for you.......

.............develop them to a level that should have been done by SL clubs, then taken by said SL clubs for a minimal fee if any as contracts will be short ones for these boys in case they don't cut the mustard, ultimately leading to all championship clubs developing and " feeding" to any of the 12-14 SL clubs that remain after the next 12 months.

These are very good points. I wrote to the RL Weekly after Ray French complained last week about 'Moaners and Groaners' not supporting the management. I more or less outlined the same views. I think more of us ought to let the top boys know how we see things.

I was told today that another Finn was training at PO Road. Seems that Nosey might be right.

I was told today that another Finn was training at PO Road. Seems that Nosey might be right.

Have you ever thought that by putting this information on a public forum might scupper any plans the rovers have of signing him Colin ?

As a former committee man, i thought that this might have been at the forefront of your mind

Any news about this new Finn ?

Have you ever thought that by putting this information on a public forum might scupper any plans the rovers have of signing him Colin ?

As a former committee man, i thought that this might have been at the forefront of your mind

Just back from holiday Lorne. I read it in the Nosey Parker column of the League Weekly. It was already public news to anybody reading the paper. I am sure their circulation is bigger than our forum.

As I said, just back from holiday. Reading the reports on the Hunslet match indicate a A Finn was a substitute. I suppose that's him and did he get a run out?