Football

Having a wander down to the KC this lunchtime. A pal has lent me him and his daughter's Hull Tigers season passes so I'm taking the lad with me.

I'll let you know if I manage the full 90 mins without falling asleep.

Hull Targers 0 Man Utd 3 is my prediction.

You've done it now! the "city till I die" brigade 'll be out to get you!

You've done it now! the "city till I die" brigade 'll be out to get you!

Far be it for me to have a foot in the Allam's camp.

I just hope it's a case where neither side comes out with any credit.

It'd be interesting to see the not so good doctor walk away taking his money with him in one of his usual sulks.

Edited by Old Frightful
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I'll let you know if I manage the full 90 mins without falling asleep.

Pretty decent game so far actually

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Pretty decent game so far actually

Aye, not bad for a game. of soccer.

Tigers seemed unable to hold onto the ball. Individually, Man. U were far superior but City should have at least got a draw in the last couple or three mins.

A reasonable afternoon's entertainment.

Aye, not bad for a game. of soccer.

Tigers seemed unable to hold onto the ball. Individually, Man. U were far superior but City should have at least got a draw in the last couple or three mins.

A reasonable afternoon's entertainment.

Heard a couple of huge roars from the KC as the first two goals went in.

Nearly as loud as the roar of laughter that came over from the stadium when Man. Utd. took the lead.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Heard a couple of huge roars from the KC as the first two goals went in.

Nearly as loud as the roar of laughter that came over from the stadium when Man. Utd. took the lead.

Was I that obvious?

I'm no fan of Hull Tigers but that scoreline today has to be the greatest result I could have wished for.

Hull City 6-0 Fulham

Absolutely bloody brilliant. :sarcastic:   :biggrin:   :dancer:  :D

I'm no fan of Hull Tigers but that scoreline today has to be the greatest result I could have wished for.

Hull City 6-0 Fulham

Absolutely bloody brilliant. :sarcastic:   :biggrin:   :dancer:  :D

As Butch Harry said to Camp Freddy 'Fulham, bit dodgy at the moment'.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• 2 weeks later...

No way back for fruitcake Allam?

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Assem-Allam-reiterates-threat-walk-away-Hull-City/story-20440265-detail/story.html

“No-one on earth is allowed to question my business decisions - I won't allow it,” he said today in an interview with Sky Sports News.

So, presumably it's only a matter of time then. Really looking forward to the outcome of this.

Was it Violet Elizabeth who said "I'll scweam and scweam and scweam!"

(With a lithp, obviouthly...)

Edited by Old Frightful

Manchester City - 99 goals

Hull City - 1 flake

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Went to Man City last night as a neuteral and thought it was excellent.  Other clubs/sports could learn alot, tickets went on sale 1pm last Friday, arrived with me on Saturday morning with a stack of information about getting there and layouts etc.

Yesterday afternoon got an e-mail saying basically we notice this is your first visit here's a stack of information that may be of interest. 

Then thought the "City Square" set up was excellent.

Never really been big on the "match day experience" but was really impressed.

No way back for fruitcake Allam?

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Assem-Allam-reiterates-threat-walk-away-Hull-City/story-20440265-detail/story.html

“No-one on earth is allowed to question my business decisions - I won't allow it,” he said today in an interview with Sky Sports News.

So, presumably it's only a matter of time then. Really looking forward to the outcome of this.

Was it Violet Elizabeth who said "I'll scweam and scweam and scweam!"

(With a lithp, obviouthly...)

So hull city known as the tigers are in strife because their owner wants them to be known as the tigers

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

"Dr Allam is right and I'll thump anyone that suggests otherwise"

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/John-Prescott-backs-Assem-Allam-Hull-City-Tigers/story-20452587-detail/story.html

(Allegedly... ;) )

So hull city known as the tigers are in strife because their owner wants them to be known as the tigers

Yes.

It's the thin end of the wedge.  Clubs should never be renamed.

Fans of Newton Heath would be up in arms at the very idea.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Yes.

It's the thin end of the wedge.  Clubs should never be renamed.

Fans of Newton Heath would be up in arms at the very idea.

Theyre not even being  renamed all that's happening is that their informal name is becoming their formal one. Ffs

One would have thought they'd have better things to get upset about

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

Keeping it local

One would have thought they'd have better things to get upset about

You would have thought so but apparently not.

Changing from "Hull City AFC - The Tigers" to "Hull City Tigers" is an actual insult to everybody who has ever even thought about watching a Hull City match, their family, their friends and their pets.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

You would have thought so but apparently not.

Changing from "Hull City AFC - The Tigers" to "Hull City Tigers" is an actual insult to everybody who has ever even thought about watching a Hull City match, their family, their friends and their pets.

He just wants them to be known as "Hull Tigers", dropping the word "City", so there can't be any reason for thinking they're anything to do with Hull City Council, against whom he seems to have a long standing vendetta.

All because he thought the Council should give him the stadium because he saved the football club.

He just wants them to be known as "Hull Tigers", dropping the word "City", so there can't be any reason for thinking they're anything to do with Hull City Council, against whom he seems to have a long standing vendetta.

All because he thought the Council should give him the stadium because he saved the football club.

Thanks cock

And I thought we were bad

Keeping it local

I'm even more outraged.

Or less.

One or the other.