Bleep1673

Football

1,757 posts in this topic

So Bradford are in tumbling down League 2 because they are so much better than their opponents?!

:P

Let's not over-analyse it, and enjoy the moment.

What absolute twaddle

Yep beyond redemption, and unbearably boring to watch.

I enjoyed tonight's Real Madrid v Man Utd game. First football game watched this season. What made it even better was the post-game spirit and respect shown between the managers and players, much like a rugby game. If more games were played like this then I'd watch more!

I enjoyed tonight's Real Madrid v Man Utd game. First football game watched this season. What made it even better was the post-game spirit and respect shown between the managers and players, much like a rugby game. If more games were played like this then I'd watch more!

Yep, loved it. European competition is great because the teams don't know each other as well as they do their domestic opponents. Ronaldo scored a brilliant goal yet acknowledged the travelling fans in his celebration. A bit more humility on the football pitch by domestic players would probably go a long way in improving attitudes all round.

I'll tell you what, I can't remember the last time Bradford City center was so full of people and...almost, almost mind, buzzing. And its all down to this cup final, never seen so many flag /t-shirt sellers, its like a Del Boy convention.

Hope they win the thing!!!

I'll tell you what, I can't remember the last time Bradford City center was so full of people and...almost, almost mind, buzzing. And its all down to this cup final, never seen so many flag /t-shirt sellers, its like a Del Boy convention.

Hope they win the thing!!!

<weary>Rotten from top to bottom</weary>

There's an awful lot wrong with soccer but it is the world's community game. Now that the US has fallen it is everywhere.

<weary>Rotten from top to bottom</weary>

There's an awful lot wrong with soccer but it is the world's community game. Now that the US has fallen it is everywhere.

There was nowhere near this much excitement when they made the PL. As a RL fan, I'm slightly jealous but regardless it's brilliant to see. The thing that is rreally good is the genuine racial mix of people getting involved, its quite a revolution really.

There was nowhere near this much excitement when they made the PL. As a RL fan, I'm slightly jealous but regardless it's brilliant to see. The thing that is rreally good is the genuine racial mix of people getting involved, its quite a revolution really.

That's the thing that a Cup final can have as well I guess. Especially when it's so completely unexpected.

Good to hear about the racial mix as well.

There was nowhere near this much excitement when they made the PL.

It's probably more to do with being a lot lower down the leagues now.

It's probably more to do with being a lot lower down the leagues now.

Not sure about that really. The PL era didn't just happen over a few weeks, it happened over several years giving a euphoric but not totally unexpected feeling. This has come from nowhere. People have stopped saying they come from 'near Leeds'. ...at least for now ;)

Its great!!

Not sure about that really. The PL era didn't just happen over a few weeks, it happened over several years giving a euphoric but not totally unexpected feeling. This has come from nowhere. People have stopped saying they come from 'near Leeds'. ...at least for now ;)

Its great!!

Yeah, that's what I meant. Naymind.

There's an awful lot wrong with soccer but it is the world's community game.

Lol!

A number of community activists from the Leeds United community have just had their activities acknowledged with a reward of time at Her Majesties pleasure.

Lol!

A number of community activists from the Leeds United community have just had their activities acknowledged with a reward of time at Her Majesties pleasure.

Has no RL follower ever done wrong? I'm pretty certain some RL fans have done a stretch in chokey, including some of the players. You can't just pick the bad bits out. If RL was as big as soccer, there would be many idiots following it too.

What do you think about the way that the game has united the community in Bradford in a way that decades of political interference has never managed?

Edited by Johnoco

If Zenit St Petersburg v Liverpool is on telly, then it's gonna get really ugly.

If Zenit St Petersburg v Liverpool is on telly, then it's gonna get really ugly.

I think Peter Beardsley doesn't play any more.

Zenit fans were on BBC News this morning basically saying without any hesitation or guilt that their fans do not want black players in the side, they will not have them in their team, in fact it's "tradition" according to them. If I were Rogers I'd keep certain players out, get through the game and then get the hell out of there. But I know that isn't the right thing to do.

Lol!

Much as I'd like to believe that all Leeds United fans are thus implicated as being criminal #### (that is what you're implying presumably?) I'm afraid I know too many of them who don't fit your rancid generalising picture.

They also seem to be the first soccer team for a lot of rugby league fans. Want to unite Cas and Fev fans? Get them talking about Leeds United.

Zenit fans were on BBC News this morning basically saying without any hesitation or guilt that their fans do not want black players in the side, they will not have them in their team, in fact it's "tradition" according to them. If I were Rogers I'd keep certain players out, get through the game and then get the hell out of there. But I know that isn't the right thing to do.

They've produced a manifesto that basically says, "No niggers, no homos."

Coincidentally, Beitar Jerusalem are having the same debate about whether Muslims are welcome in their 'Jewish' team. They have decided that they are.

Soccer is rotten from top to bottom you see.

What about Brian Tinnion?

That's because they are racists. That's not the fault of soccer.

That's because they are racists. That's not the fault of soccer.

True. But it's what's bringing them together and pushing them into the headlines today. I wasn't arguing either way, I'm just saying these c"nts are gonna be out in force at the game today.

True. But it's what's bringing them together and pushing them into the headlines today. I wasn't arguing either way, I'm just saying these c"nts are gonna be out in force at the game today.

Yes they are but if it wasn't football it would be something else they were gathering for.

RL is sadly not immune from racist fans, not widespread by any means but they exist.

Yes they are but if it wasn't football it would be something else they were gathering for.

Community singing?