Bleep1673

Football

1,771 posts in this topic

GET IN WATFORD!

Here's to Barnsley doing the business tomorrow.

I think he got a reduction because it was a Chelsea player he bit.

Food poisoning will probably last as long as a 10 match ban normally, however he will be banned until september

Things going marvellously at Oakwell, Barnsley.

2nd bottom 2 2nd top 0.

2nd bottom 2 2nd top 0.

Can't say I'm that bothered either way but I'm pleased you're pleased.

Peter Swan sounded about ready to top himsen just now on the radio.

2nd bottom 2 2nd top 0.

Got mixed feelings about Barnsley. After what he did for Rochdale, I'm really pleased that Dave Flitcroft is making a fight of it in his first job in charge. On the other hand, relegation might get him the sack and could lead to the dream-team partnership with Keith Hill being re-established at Rochdale. As Keith seems to have made a good start on his own anyway, on balance I'll go for Barnsley staying up and 'Flicker' getting his first bit of 'success'.  :)

A real sickener at The DW today, the fat lady is in the wings warming up!

This bloke is a moron and a waste of time.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/national/10384581.Marlon_King_arrested_after_crash/

Check out the section Incidents and legal cases on his Wikipedia page

Agreed.

And an ex Hull City player as well.

During an unsavoury incident in a nightclub, it was reported in the local press that after a female turned him down he asked her "Do you know who I am?".

Had she worked in the legal profession, she may well have done.

Brentford v Doncaster had an interesting finale ...

Queued up for FA Cup final tickets yesterday, priced at £45, £65, £85 and £115 with £10 off for concessions.

Some people queueing around me making some real sacrafices to be able to afford to go and genuinly concerned that as all the £45 section had sold out that if they couldn't get a £65 ticket they couldn't stretch to £85, which I'm sure if we don't sell our full allocation won't get a mention.

I see Liverpool are struggling to cope without the peckish Luis Suarez - just the six goals, then...

Queued up for FA Cup final tickets yesterday, priced at £45, £65, £85 and £115 with £10 off for concessions.

Rugby fans would wait for the discounts.

Rugby fans would wait for the discounts.

Problem with us rugby fans is we don't know how good we've got it and can make even good things sound bad!  :D

And of course well done to Gareth Bale on his Player and Young Player of the Year award.

Thoroughly deserved,

Just wish as a Spurs fan though that he could curb the occasional needless fall to the floor,

Still best make the most of this season as I think he will be gone next.

You just know we will finish fifth you see.

well done to Gareth Bale on his Player and Young Player of the Year award.

Still best make the most of this season as I think he will be gone next.

I think you're right. Spurs are reportedly the world's thirteenth-richest club, and therefore are not short of a few bob. Despite this,  the Spurs board have always been prepared to sell their best players if the price is right. 

http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/the-worlds-top-20-richest-football-clubs/a653393#i=13

Apparently, the club are willing to double his wages to £150,000 per week "just to keep him". In fact, that would also boost any calculated transfer fee whilst leaving him on lower money than 8 other Premiership players.

http://hamrofootball.com/2013/02/11/highest-paid-footballers-in-the-premier-league/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289308/Tottenham-ready-offer-Gareth-Bale-40m-stay-White-Hart-Lane--EXCLUSIVE.html

A cynical observer might think that by raising his wage by £75,000 per week, and thus boosting his transfer value by (say) £10million, the club could sell him before the September transfer deadline for an extra £10million for a net additional outlay of £1.5million.

New Bentleys all round in the boardroom?

Remember that cheating Swansea ballboy? Well, according to The Times, his parents are the club's major shareholders and are worth £50million.

Remember that cheating Swansea ballboy? Well, according to The Times, his parents are the club's major shareholders and are worth £50million.

Did someone at The Times only just get around to reading the press coverage from the day after?

Did someone at The Times only just get around to reading the press coverage from the day after?

The press reports that I saw said that his father was a director, not the main shareholder.

The press reports that I saw said that his father was a director, not the main shareholder.

I may be confusing it with twitter links though as people seemed to very quickly identify who the boy was, who his parents were and that he'd planned to do something to annoy Chelsea.

I think I might consider cheating in a game of football if the correct result was worth a million quid to my Mam and Dad.

Obviously, after due consideration, I'd have to refuse to cheat. That's just a minor example of the difference between Bluebirds fans and Jacks.

;):D

I think I might consider cheating in a game of football if the correct result was worth a million quid to my Mam and Dad.

Obviously, after due consideration, I'd have to refuse to cheat. That's just a minor example of the difference between Bluebirds fans and Jacks.

;):D

Hang on, you're a Bluebird?  I thought you were from Newport?

FFS, no wonder you don't want to go back home.

Hull City v Cardiff is live on Sky next week. Great stuff, should be an entertaining afternoon in the pub watching the locals end up disappointed

Edited by Old Frightful

I'm from Pontypool and had a season ticket for the mighty Pontypool RFC. For years in the pre-professional era, Newport RUFC cherry-picked from the valley teams, offering jobs and a better chance of a Welsh cap as inducements. Cardiff and Swansea did exactly the same.

I quite like the town of Newport but, for most sports, no Pooler man would traditionally support any team with Newport in the title. At school, the valley boys supported Cardiff, the Cwmbran boys supported Newport. The exemption was Newport Wasps, because they were the only speedway team (I think) in Wales.

That's why I like to see the Newport Gwent Dragons finish bottom of the Welsh RU regions in the Celtic League.

I'm from Pontypool and had a season ticket for the mighty Pontypool RFC. For years in the pre-professional era, Newport RUFC cherry-picked from the valley teams, offering jobs and a better chance of a Welsh cap as inducements. Cardiff and Swansea did exactly the same.

I quite like the town of Newport but, for most sports, no Pooler man would traditionally support any team with Newport in the title. At school, the valley boys supported Cardiff, the Cwmbran boys supported Newport. The exemption was Newport Wasps, because they were the only speedway team (I think) in Wales.

That's why I like to see the Newport Gwent Dragons finish bottom of the Welsh RU regions in the Celtic League.

Fair enough.

I think you're right. Spurs are reportedly the world's thirteenth-richest club, and therefore are not short of a few bob. Despite this,  the Spurs board have always been prepared to sell their best players if the price is right. 

http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/the-worlds-top-20-richest-football-clubs/a653393#i=13

Apparently, the club are willing to double his wages to £150,000 per week "just to keep him". In fact, that would also boost any calculated transfer fee whilst leaving him on lower money than 8 other Premiership players.

http://hamrofootball.com/2013/02/11/highest-paid-footballers-in-the-premier-league/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289308/Tottenham-ready-offer-Gareth-Bale-40m-stay-White-Hart-Lane--EXCLUSIVE.html

A cynical observer might think that by raising his wage by £75,000 per week, and thus boosting his transfer value by (say) £10million, the club could sell him before the September transfer deadline for an extra £10million for a net additional outlay of £1.5million.

New Bentleys all round in the boardroom?

Jeez thats serious money we are talking here.

Praying that he stays but still reckon a lack of Champions League action will be a deciding factor.

Just have a feeling we could see Bale going one way and Modric plus money to Spurs.

Assuming of course Levi hasnt browned "Modders" off over the previous transfer shannanigans.