Bleep1673

Football

1,771 posts in this topic

Hmmmm Not heard that one over here .....

Don't think there's anything in it, seen it in a few places, but this is the first I could lay my hands on link wise, hardly any credability to it!  Although he was drifting in from 66/1 to at the bookies, Whelan keeping his cards close to his chest for once, one of the bookies apparently has 6 possibles tied at 6/1 joint favourites.

Holland made eleven changes to their starting line up for the final group game against Spain.

Strange very strange...now with the 3-0 defeat they face a decent Italian side in the semi final rather than the easier (on paper) Norwegians.

Still take the Dutch to win the tournament but how far behind are we when Holland can field TWO  competitive elevens in the tournament and we struggle to get one decent eleven on the park.

I was round my late bros house yesterday and his wife gave me a bag of his old football programmes. Mainly involving Spurs, and Bradford City from the late 60's to the late 80'.

Fascinating stuff and there's a cup tie City v Spurs at Valley Parade from 1970 signed by Jimmy Greaves. - and you should see the Spurs team, legendary line up....no playing the reserves here. Incredible to see how football has changed from those days. Oh and nearly all of them call it soccer , they must be yanks or something

Loads of stuff...Hudds v Spurs 1971, Halifax v Spurs 1984...great reading.

Martin Chivers, Alan Gilzean........................

Owen Coyle, Owen Bloody Coyle - I can't speak!

WTF is the FIFA Confederations Cup?

Not sure about its histroy, but now its the dress rehearsal for the World Cup, I guess it makes sure the host nation has everything in place 12 months in advance.

Champion from each Confederation plus World Cup holders and World Cup hosts.

But, yes, it's a trial run these days for the World Cup to test out how good the Brazilian police are at firing rubber bullets at peaceful protests.

Owen Coyle, Owen Bloody Coyle - I can't speak!

Could be worse....Joe Kinnear Footbal Director....poor Toon fans.

Holland made eleven changes to their starting line up for the final group game against Spain.

Strange very strange...now with the 3-0 defeat they face a decent Italian side in the semi final rather than the easier (on paper) Norwegians.

Still take the Dutch to win the tournament but how far behind are we when Holland can field TWO  competitive elevens in the tournament and we struggle to get one decent eleven on the park.

I know nowt :-(

Could be worse....Joe Kinnear Footbal Director....poor Toon fans.

I can't work that one out, reading the interviews yesterday seemed Kinnear was going out of his way to upset Pardew, perhaps its Ashley looking for a cheap way out of Pardews 8 year deal!

The twelve clubs to compete in the inaugural Scottish Lowland League in 2013/14 were announced today.

The twelve, all from the East of Scotland and South of Scotland leagues, are:-

Spartans FC, 
Threave Rovers FC, 
Preston Athletic FC, 
Gretna (2008) FC, 
Whitehill Welfare FC, 
Dalbeattie Star FC, 
East Kilbride FC, 
Selkirk FC, 
Gala Fairydean Rovers FC, 
Edinburgh City FC, 
University of Stirling FC,  
Vale of Leithen FC.

Four more places will be available for season 2014/15, when the champions will play off against the winners of the Highland League. The winners of that  earn the right to take on the bottom club of the Scottish Professional Football League.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsCategoryID=3&newsID=12052

Champion from each Confederation plus World Cup holders and World Cup hosts.

But, yes, it's a trial run these days for the World Cup to test out how good the Brazilian police are at firing rubber bullets at peaceful protests.

They keep the real bullets for when they're off duty.

"Better than Messi"

Line from the Tahiti twitter feed after they scored the '1' in the 6-1 defeat to Nigeria yesterday.

"Better than Messi"

Line from the Tahiti twitter feed after they scored the '1' in the 6-1 defeat to Nigeria yesterday.

Glad they scored - they really gave it a go and played positive Football, despite being massively outmatched. The crowd were brilliant in their support, too. Tahiti face Spain next... :unsure:

Koukash is buying a football team next ....oh and setting up a TV channel for racing,football & rugby 

I'm just going outside to watch pigs flying

They are probably the one thing he won't have on his shopping list.

Maybe one of them is Jamie Sow-ard.

Maybe one of them is Jamie Sow-ard.

Snout funny about that.

Owdem Athletic .... fair enough, can't get my way with this toy, so buy another toy and play with that

Pigs all refusing to fly ;)