Reportedly "sacked", rather than "left".

I honestly thought United had a bit more about them than to do this. Less than a year into the job. I know it's not gone brilliantly, but it was always going to take time for him to get it right. Even Ferguson would have had to change things round a bit and wait for the changes to bed in. I know the "business" side of things will be increasing the pressure, but even so, it's a bit "knee-jerk" from the reds.

As a (lapsed) City fan, this is good news for us. The more they chop and change their manager, the longer it will take them to get the results they want.

The papers are full of it being a Glazer decision, debts have to be serviced and the share price is falling.

As a (lapsed) City fan, this is good news for us. The more they chop and change their manager, the longer it will take them to get the results they want.

At least it won't take United as long as it has taken City or Liverpool 'to get the results they want'!

We'll be back in the top 4 in the next season or two.

Man U timed this to divert attention from Burnley's promotion back to where they really belong.

As conspiracy theories go, that is the worst I've heard. :tongue:

Reportedly "sacked", rather than "left".

I honestly thought United had a bit more about them than to do this. Less than a year into the job. I know it's not gone brilliantly, but it was always going to take time for him to get it right. 

There is word that they would have sacked him far earlier, but that they needed to miss the Champions League to be able to sack Moyes without paying a heavy severance package. The story goes that the Everton loss made it official that United can't qualify for Champions League officially, which is why the announcement was made a few days after. 

So the share price is more or less the same as it was prior to Moyes getting the job. Its understandable that the share price plummeted when Ferguson retired, but rose when Moyes got sacked. 

Following Giggs's press conference this morning it is clear, to me at least, that the managerial gig is now a poisoned chalice. Any potential managre now knows that he is going to have to deal with Ferguson's Midwich Cuckoos. A clearer and more disgraceful case of player power I have yet to see. Shame on them: Man U as it really is.

As conspiracy theories go, that is the worst I've heard. :tongue:

Nonsense.

Do not believe the lamestream media.  It is the only explination that makes sense.

Following Giggs's press conference this morning it is clear, to me at least, that the managerial gig is now a poisoned chalice. Any potential managre now knows that he is going to have to deal with Ferguson's Midwich Cuckoos. A clearer and more disgraceful case of player power I have yet to see. Shame on them: Man U as it really is.

Even more interestingly Man Utd have come out and said that the next manager will be told to win the Premier League in their first season. No pressure then.

I actually found that interesting.

I might need help.

I found it interesting enough to work out if I thought any of them were wrong.  I think Newport's is based on Spytty Park rather than where they are now (Rodney Parade).

I also love the rants from some of the Brighton fans on that thread.  Makes us lot seem normal.

This season sees the first PFA Team of the Year without a Manchester United player in it since this (rather tasty) line-up):

1989-90 team of the year :

Neville Southall

Lee Dixon
Des Walker
Alan Hansen
Stuart Pearce

David Platt
Steve Hodge
Steve McMahon
John Barnes

Peter Beardsley
Gary Lineker

Man U timed this to divert attention from Burnley's promotion back to where they really belong.

Ah for the old team Ray Pointer Jimmy Mac and co.Great side that pity they had Spurs to contend with

Anfield is nearer Liverpool City centre than Goodison, so don't know where they get their figures from.

reading the thread further it says it went to the centre of Everton

Edited by MikeW

It's a good job they don't do one for union... You'd need widescreen monitors for some clubs!

Anfield is nearer Liverpool City centre than Goodison, so don't know where they get their figures from.

reading the thread further it says it went to the centre of Everton

That reminds me of the old chestnut of a quiz question round here: Q, "Which professional Merseyside football club's ground is closet to the river Mersey?" A, "Tranmere Rovers."

:)

That reminds me of the old chestnut of a quiz question round here: Q, "Which professional Merseyside football club's ground is closet to the river Mersey?" A, "Tranmere Rovers."

:)

New Brighton Tower FC