Bleep1673

Football

1,756 posts in this topic

Mario Balotelli - overreaction much?

Edit- just noticed this is a slightly different version to the one I have seen before (no mention of Jews or blacks) so maybe it was a bit out of order.

Edited by Johnoco

Mario Balotelli - overreaction much?

Edit- just noticed this is a slightly different version to the one I have seen before (no mention of Jews or blacks) so maybe it was a bit out of order.

I heard he'd said that Super Mario (he of Nintendo fame) jumped like a black man and chased coins like a Jew.

I heard he'd said that Super Mario (he of Nintendo fame) jumped like a black man and chased coins like a Jew.

That is apparently what he said.

Given that he is mad as a box of frogs I'll treat it with the same seriousness I take the loon on the train howling that the ghosts are chasing him.

Given that he is mad as a box of frogs I'll treat it with the same seriousness I take the loon on the train howling that the ghosts are chasing him.

Agreed.

I'm less concerned about the "Jump like a black man" comment as that's become something of a common cultural reference since that hilarious basketball based film with the spod from Cheers, but again I am surprised just how deep the stereotype regarding Jewish people and money is ingrained in all sorts of  peoples' consciousness.  

He didn't 'say' it, he put a pic on instagram of something that has been going round for a while. But the bit at the bottom must have been added later as it wasn't there when I saw it on Google+. Which does put a different slant on it.

Newcastle v Chelsea - Bob Dylan's hats (On Baker & Kelly's VSPO) predicted the result and the final score! Mourinho's lot never stood a chance...

Quite "enjoying" football at the moment.

Hull Targers in free fall and Chelski away up next, ideal opportunity for Mourinho's lot to get well and truly back in the saddle.

Rather looking forward to it.

Newcastle v Chelsea - Bob Dylan's hats (On Baker & Kelly's VSPO) predicted the result and the final score! Mourinho's lot never stood a chance...

He blamed the ball boys

He blamed the ball boys

He did indeed - although not at first.  And now all the papers are reporting that rather than concentrating on how Newcastle beat a supposedly unbeatable side.

Are they a 'sports' club like a fair number of European clubs?  There was a Steua RU team when Romania went through the phase of being good enough to occasionally worry Wales in the 80s,

Agreed.

I'm less concerned about the "Jump like a black man" comment as that's become something of a common cultural reference since that hilarious basketball based film with the spod from Cheers, but again I am surprised just how deep the stereotype regarding Jewish people and money is ingrained in all sorts of  peoples' consciousness.  

The black Italian soccer star whose goals have fired Italy into the final of the Euro 2012 soccer championships on Sunday, was raised by a Jewish Italian foster mother from the age of three

http://www.timesofisrael.com/the-improbable-jewish-heritage-of-italys-ghana-born-goal-scoring-eccentric/

... that sleep experts were called in to design the players’ bedrooms, selecting wallpaper with light circular patterns

They could have just pinned up a poster of the England Rugby Union team.

The black Italian soccer star whose goals have fired Italy into the final of the Euro 2012 soccer championships on Sunday, was raised by a Jewish Italian foster mother from the age of three

http://www.timesofisrael.com/the-improbable-jewish-heritage-of-italys-ghana-born-goal-scoring-eccentric/

Irrelevent, and you know it. You're too good at playing the fool to actually be one.

Just watched Match of the Day. Why do pundits and commentators insist on saying "simulation"? Everyone else calls it CHEATING!!!

Just watched Match of the Day. Why do pundits and commentators insist on saying "simulation"? Everyone else calls it CHEATING!!!

Because diving is an important part of the game now. 

Another top result for Hull Tigers yesterday.

I'm assuming Sunderland will do the business on Boxing Day so all I want for Christmas is a Leicester City victory on the 28th.

That would be marvellous.

Another top result for Hull Tigers yesterday.

I'm assuming Sunderland will do the business on Boxing Day so all I want for Christmas is a Leicester City victory on the 28th.

That would be marvellous.

Oh yes