Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pie tries

Any news on Salford ?

118 posts in this topic

Latest from our Fans trust - we have raised £23000 amongst ourselves so far.

"For anyone wishing to donate a pledge to the Save Our Salford fund details are "Salford City Reds Foundation Appeal"

c/o, 51, Cheetham Rd , Swinton, M274UQ

Why won't Mr. Wilkinson and Mr. Clague put up the money for the club to start the season Mr. Hound?

i'd keep hold of that £23,000 and anymore monies raised.....and use it to start a "fan-owned" salford team after the current team goes pop

I can only assume the RFL are paying the players wages as they would all be free agents by now and getting signed by other clubs.

i'd keep hold of that £23,000 and anymore monies raised.....and use it to start a "fan-owned" salford team after the current team goes pop

Me too. Particularly as the other £577k, new 'investment' and direct input from the RFL are unlikely to be forthcoming

I can only assume the RFL are paying the players wages as they would all be free agents by now and getting signed by other clubs.

No, not directly. I beleive, they were paid using the money from selling Joel Moon & Daniel Holdsworth. The club had the tansfer fee paid to the RFL, so they could pay them out of their bank as ours is frozen!

I agree - I think that is the plan.

Why won't Mr. Wilkinson and Mr. Clague put up the money for the club to start the season Mr. Hound?

I am not sure about Clague, but Wilky has no money problems at his other businesses, so he said at the fans meeting. I guess they have taken enough losses?

I am not sure about Clague, but Wilky has no money problems at his other businesses, so he said at the fans meeting. I guess they have taken enough losses?

if he has no money problems in his other businesses why the hell should other people bail him out of this failed one?

if he has no money problems in his other businesses why the hell should other people bail him out of this failed one?

I dunno - just what was said at the meeting. To be honest all this money ###### is doing my head in - I just want to watch my team play rugby. I don't care about rich men's problems and they way it is going I would rather see our club run & financed by fans, playing in CC1 - than staggering along in SL, waiting to go bust or reliant on the finances of 1 person.

I can understand why fans would not ask a question that basically says "why don't you spend more of your money on us", but this beating around the bush doesn’t really answer some very important questions.

One is at this point in time with the Barton ground agreement and a 5,200 fan base how much a year are the club short of being a competitive club that can attract fans and quality players. Neil Hudgell was clear at HKR that sum was £500,000 on a fanbase of 7,800 for Rovers. A fag packet calculation says Salford are £600,000 short a season being competitive

So to me the answer seems to be that Mr. Wilkinson & his partner are capable of £600K a year, but as the fans haven’t come to Barton in enough numbers he’s not going to do that forever more. whether he knows anything about the likely make up of SL 2015 and that’s colouring his judgement who knows?

As for going forward the other key question is answered, Salford can’t play at Barton if they are not in Superleague. If that’s the case where do they play and if at the end of the day Salford will have to do a Swinton then surely the fans money should be for that and not propping anything up that’s destined to fall down

I agree with all of that but the post says Bradford approached Long not the other way round. That I find a little difficult to take after what happened at Bradford.

The post says? Well I've heard some stuff KT, stuff like, it says it in the bible, it was in the Times, or maybe it was on the BBC, being used to claim veracity but "it was in a post on a message board " seems to be clutching at straws and a tad naive, if you don't mind me saying so.

That said, if it turns out ot be true I'd be both very surprised and disappointed.

what young fages future any superleague teams keen on him, or will he head back to france with catalans?

The post says? Well I've heard some stuff KT, stuff like, it says it in the bible, it was in the Times, or maybe it was on the BBC, being used to claim veracity but "it was in a post on a message board " seems to be clutching at straws and a tad naive, if you don't mind me saying so.

That said, if it turns out ot be true I'd be both very surprised and disappointed.

Very fair point - just going on what I read but take your point entirely

you are joking, do you honestly believe at some fairy land time in the past clubs never tapped players, or made approaches when they had a whiff of a club being in trouble.

Of course I'm fully aware of this

Harris and scully were massive losses to the club.

I'd just wish bulls would show some respect to Salford and see at happens......that's my point...

they could always play at whitebank home to their partner club

It's not particulary funny, but ironic that Mo Lyndsay reckoned Oldham and Salford should have merged to become "Manchester".

It's not particulary funny, but ironic that Mo Lyndsay reckoned Oldham and Salford should have merged to become "Manchester".

Oh, Saint Mo again, the guy of the bridge of the foundering ship when the Sky salvage tender pulled alongside. A real visionary leader he was.

Of course I'm fully aware of this

Harris and scully were massive losses to the club.

I'd just wish bulls would show some respect to Salford and see at happens......that's my point...

Like wire are showing respect talking to broughton as is being talked about as if its a done deal on various wire forums?. If you read the article linked to it actually say long has spoken to several SL clubs. Like I said all the Salford players and staff are going to be talking to other clubs to have a backup plan in place should the worst happen. They would be stupid not to. Gentlemans agreement notwithstanding most of bulls squad had deals lined up at other clubs should we have not pulled through and I don't blame them in the slightest.

Like wire are showing respect talking to broughton as is being talked about as if its a done deal on various wire forums?. If you read the article linked to it actually say long has spoken to several SL clubs. Like I said all the Salford players and staff are going to be talking to other clubs to have a backup plan in place should the worst happen. They would be stupid not to. Gentlemans agreement notwithstanding most of bulls squad had deals lined up at other clubs should we have not pulled through and I don't blame them in the slightest.

IMHO it's wrong, as I did say when wires put bids in on Bateman , whitehead and kopcak

Vultures

I dunno - just what was said at the meeting. To be honest all this money ###### is doing my head in - I just want to watch my team play rugby. I don't care about rich men's problems and they way it is going I would rather see our club run & financed by fans, playing in CC1 - than staggering along in SL, waiting to go bust or reliant on the finances of 1 person.

Same here. Would sooner enjoy trips to Oxford etc than stumble in as a debt-hobbled super league club

they could always play at whitebank home to their partner club

as they won't be a super league club the partnership will be dissolved.

as they won't be a super league club the partnership will be dissolved.

Irrelevant and hypothetical but I'd guess Moor Lane football stadium is a possibility.

Oh, Saint Mo again, the guy of the bridge of the foundering ship when the Sky salvage tender pulled alongside. A real visionary leader he was.

He called things right. He knew both Salford and Oldham could not make it alone.

Mo Lyndsay 2 keighley and his prejudices 0

yet theres absolutely no evidence "manchester" would have worked...

so u can knock mo back down to 1

He didn't get his own way though did he, now maybe if he had?