Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumby Magic

The Loyal Reserve

4 posts in this topic

This thread is to give those loyal yet at times unrecognised, underused reserve players who plyed their trade for a club if very little first team reward. For Bradford I will rack my brains for the Bulls later but for Northern the following 3 spring to mind.

Darren Moxon

Mainly Fullback who did a good 4 years or so in the alliance and was unfortunate to be behind Mumby for a period. A good player who lacked a tiny bit of confidence but had a slp in the face when then becanme understudy to the rotund Ian Wilkinson. Had problems with injuries but gave Batley service when he left us.

Phil Hellewell

Threequarter who should have been a first teamer but did nigh on 6 years mainly in our reserves before going to Huddersfield. Was better fot mine than Steve Mcgowan and a couple more threequarters who got the nod ahead of him.

Glenn Barraclough

A far better hooker than Noble was when Noble was late in his career. He did collect a few appearances in the first team along the way. As far a I'm aware we were his only club.

darren woods at widnes, could have been a tremendous top flight winger who scored tries for fun in the reserves and played just one first team game against catalans in the cup. still scoring tries for fun at thatto heath crusaders after some time out of the game after becoming disillusioned with the lack of opportunity.

An old mate of mine Simon Hill who played for the Yew Tree in Leeds and was outstanding ,signed for Leeds but was never given the chance he deserved.