Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Padge

January Photo Comp Shrek has chosen LIGHT as the topic

71 posts in this topic

I agree about the first pic. Thanks for the feedback

btw no photoshop nmot even a crop.

You can do a little post editing on my camera (more if shooting in raw mode), but beyond that, I'm trying not to edit my photos other than cropping. When I've improved my technique a bit more in time, then I might look at trying to learn how to use editing software a bit more.

You can do a little post editing on my camera (more if shooting in raw mode), but beyond that, I'm trying not to edit my photos other than cropping. When I've improved my technique a bit more in time, then I might look at trying to learn how to use editing software a bit more.

not sure what you are saying gazz

I was just pointing out that my pics were completely unedited.

There are rules for the comp

but the general photography thread is pretty much a free for all.

You have the gift my friend.

not sure what you are saying gazz

I was just pointing out that my pics were completely unedited.

There are rules for the comp

but the general photography thread is pretty much a free for all.

You have the gift my friend.

Cheers for the compliments.

It wasn't a comment on your photos Chris, they're great shots. I do agree with KT that the 2nd of the two is the best however.

My point was simply that I'm trying to teach myself to take better photos before I learn how to edit them afterwards, nothing to do with the rules of the different threads or commenting on how anyone else works. My next hope is to start working with filters; I've just got a set of soft edged ND grads to try out and I'm hoping to get a couple of others for my birthday next month. I'm hoping to get out at the weekend to try shooting a few local landmarks (I've a few thoughts in mind), but it might depend a little on the weather, as it's forecast to be dreary and grey with outbreaks of snow all weekend. Whilst I'm looking forward to trying to get a few more snowy landscapes, it would be nice to see a little blue sky to work with, rather than the monotone of plain light grey sky with white ground!

Cheers for the compliments.

It wasn't a comment on your photos Chris, they're great shots. I do agree with KT that the 2nd of the two is the best however.

My point was simply that I'm trying to teach myself to take better photos before I learn how to edit them afterwards, nothing to do with the rules of the different threads or commenting on how anyone else works. My next hope is to start working with filters; I've just got a set of soft edged ND grads to try out and I'm hoping to get a couple of others for my birthday next month. I'm hoping to get out at the weekend to try shooting a few local landmarks (I've a few thoughts in mind), but it might depend a little on the weather, as it's forecast to be dreary and grey with outbreaks of snow all weekend. Whilst I'm looking forward to trying to get a few more snowy landscapes, it would be nice to see a little blue sky to work with, rather than the monotone of plain light grey sky with white ground!

enjoy

A different take on one I put in the general photography thread.

IMG_9271_zps19d4a873.jpg

Markt Niight Lights

IMG_5675.jpg

Padge, where is your photo from?

Some stunners in this thread, congrats to all. Kenny's Humber Bridge and Gazza's Hare and Hounds my personal favourites though.

Newquay boating lake.IMG_9110_zpsd283adc4.jpg

I once holidayed in a chalet on the edge of the lake. There was an amusing incident when a parked car at the side of the river got partially submerged by the incoming tide. I took a photo of a a guy in a canoe checking it out.

Some stunners in this thread, congrats to all. Kenny's Humber Bridge and Gazza's Hare and Hounds my personal favourites though.

Its Markt Square in Brugge, I was there for an extended weekend break last weekend.

There are more photos here:- http://padge.smugmug.com/Belgium/Brugge/27679898_8VBMjD#!i=2331905186&k=bbDGWqX

Its Markt Square in Brugge, I had an extended weekend break there last week.

There are more photos here:- http://padge.smugmug...05186&k=bbDGWqX

I'm getting torn, and I also have an idea if I can find the time.

Blue Light

IMG_5674-XL.jpg

wow - there really are some belters here this month ( I seem to say that every month I know)

What a talented lot we you are!

I'm getting torn, and I also have an idea if I can find the time.

Blue Light

IMG_5674.jpg

This comp is heading for the X Factor. A photo made in heaven! Would make a great Christmas card.

wow - there really are some belters here this month ( I seem to say that every month I know)

What a talented lot we you are!

A little simple comp like this actually helps people improve, they are picking up hints and tips and pushing themselves. You can see each month that people are trying harder.

I've a few from yesterday morning that I could probably enter, but this is my personal favourite, as the ones I took a little later when the light was a little stronger weren't catching the snow on the chimney top as well.

8417633470_8ff8b3c9d0_c.jpg

_CSC1534 by 77gazza, on Flickr

I've a few from yesterday morning that I could probably enter, but this is my personal favourite, as the ones I took a little later when the light was a little stronger weren't catching the snow on the chimney top as well.

8417633470_8ff8b3c9d0_c.jpg

_CSC1534 by 77gazza, on Flickr

Just love it. The comp is certainly hotting up.