Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnoco

New Years Eve

53 posts in this topic

my ten year old grand daughter Lou has come to stay with us for the night as her mother is on night shift.

I made chicken with mushrooms in a vreme freche and mustartd sauce with roast baby potatoes and we ate by the light of candles and I waited on Lou and her grandma

We are now watching that movie where meryl Streep(sigh) is a celebrity chef. I have a glass of New Zealand Sauvignon blanc in my hAND and Dexter my trusty black labrador has his head on my lap as we head towqards the new year. I'll have that, especially with the blues hollerin session with my good friend paul after midnight(were gonna let it all hang down)

My mother got rushed into Doncaster Royal this afternoon poorly, she has responded to treatment so the pressure is off a little, I need to be on stand-by just in case I’m needed to take my father there so it’s a sober night for me.

Hope she's okay, mate. You're making the right call.

Hope she's okay, mate. You're making the right call.

She was conscious and making progress when we left, I don't think it's anything major, the doctor seems to think it's a water infection but has sent her for a CT scan as well, if I'm honest the odl lass :wub: is falling to bits as the years roll on, my dad is 85 next and is still as strong as a bull.

sat alone awaiting the start of Jools. Mrs griff9of13 is unwell in bed. Having a dry night as I'm fed up with drinking having over indulged the last few days. Pretty much the quietest NYE I've had since I was a kid.

A quick nip to TRL and catch up on here. Well we're having a good do. Bottle of Grey Goose has just opened...so it could end in tears.

All the best to everyone...(starts getting tearful...y'bastards)

A quick nip to TRL and catch up on here. Well we're having a good do. Bottle of Grey Goose has just opened...so it could end in tears.

All the best to everyone...(starts getting tearful...y'bastards)

You're my best mate you are

Hic

She was conscious and making progress when we left, I don't think it's anything major, the doctor seems to think it's a water infection but has sent her for a CT scan as well, if I'm honest the odl lass :wub: is falling to bits as the years roll on, my dad is 85 next and is still as strong as a bull.

Hope she's okay. Look after your Dad, they are never as resilient as they pretend to be.

Hope she's okay. Look after your Dad, they are never as resilient as they pretend to be.

Seconded. But typical of Wibsey 'drinkers' to be throwing the towel in so early. Us Idle lot are still at it.

Seconded. But typical of Wibsey 'drinkers' to be throwing the towel in so early. Us Idle lot are still at it.

Get up, you lazy sod.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Must be time for your posting the glass half full pic

nah! I'll post a glass overflowing with good cheer for all real fans!

Well my evening was pretty ######. Felt ill and ended up walking back and spent the evening rushing to the bathroom. Tally another one in the norovirus column. :(

My mother got rushed into Doncaster Royal this afternoon poorly, she has responded to treatment so the pressure is off a little, I need to be on stand-by just in case I’m needed to take my father there so it’s a sober night for me.

I hope it works out ok mate

Thinking of you and yours Jim

Me too... keep us posted on her recovery.

Get up, you lazy sod.

Been up ages man. Washed up, empties in recycling ...the lot. And still have a fridge full of beer somehow!

Got back from the boozer in time to join the midnight gathering around the fountain at the bottom of the street. This involved fireworks, a giant conga, the obligatory poor rendition of Auld Lang Syne and lots of drinking in the street.

The tradition of First Footing that was prevalent when I was young seems to be dying out.

The tradition of First Footing that was prevalent when I was young seems to be dying out.

Nobody has coal

Nobody has coal

And I drank all the whisky.

And you ate all the (mince) pies. ;):lol: :lol:

Happy New Year to you both. See you in 2013, I hope.

And a happy one to you and yours, hopefully catch up at the Salford game at Barton this year.

Happy New Year to you too Tony.

Can't ignore New Year when staying at mum's - she's a stone's throw from the parish church, who have a team of very enthusiastic bellringers. Stayed up 'til midnight, then opened a bottle of champagne. The next day, a magnificent lunch at the Fox and Hounds Inn. BIG portions too, even from the 'Light Lunch' menu.

Then on the train, back down to London.

Happy New Year all.

It was a night of fondue and Duvel at a house party full of foreigners, strolled in wet but manageably tipsy at around 5am.

... on the train, back down to London.

Already we have a contender for the 2013 Most Depressing Phrase of the Year.