Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnoco

New Years Eve

53 posts in this topic

Missed out on NYE/D as I managed to give myself a really bad dose of food poisoning, managed to get to sleep about 5 am Jan 1, then little bleep ( how appropriate) burst in and woke me up at 8.30, at which point I rolled over and just missed vomiting on her.

Including my pre-Xmas spell in Tressel Ward for my breathing, this is the dryest Christmas & New Year since (about) 1984

Missed out on NYE/D as I managed to give myself a really bad dose of food poisoning, managed to get to sleep about 5 am Jan 1, then little bleep ( how appropriate) burst in and woke me up at 8.30, at which point I rolled over and just missed vomiting on her.

Including my pre-Xmas spell in Tressel Ward for my breathing, this is the dryest Christmas & New Year since (about) 1984

Little Bleep :lol: I like that name!

The best-laid schemes o' mice an' me ganged a wee bit agley. Everything went okay until the bells, when I started to feel unwell. Made it to bed but felt dreadful - very nauseous, headachy and extremely tense. I get the feeling that my stomach wanted to boak, but that the vomit muscles were too tight to drive the action. Felt bad all through 1st January, and today hasn't that much better. Hopefully it'll be quiet at work tomorrow, but I'm on a walking duty. Can't even drive around in a nice, warm van.

And it wasn't even down to drink! All I had was a pint of lager, plus a small bottle of cider that my daughter didn't want.

One of the reasons I cut down on my drinking was that I was sick of hangovers. Going on how I've felt these past couple of days, I could have enjoyed a skinful on Hogmanay.

Already we have a contender for the 2013 Most Depressing Phrase of the Year.

The journey went right on schedule, right up 'til we entered London, where the train ground to a halt, then crawled forward a bit, then backward, then eventually arrived half an hour late.

It's like the capital was telling me "the holiday's over, pal." :rolleyes: