Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Martyn Sadler

Predictions for 2012 that didn't come true

35 posts in this topic

Those Mayans are looking a bit foolish right now, wherever they are.

Of course the environment agency didn't actually predict that it wouldn't rain till Christmas, they just said it would take till Christmas for water levels to recover if we had average rainfall. We had a bit more than average rain so recovered slightly quicker.

Plenty predicted that the Arctic was recovering....till this year.

And everyone predicted the Olympics would be a shambles.... ;)

My brother-in-law predicted that Wigan would make a clean sweep of the trophies. Anything the Daily Express predicts goes pear-shaped. I predict that the said newspaper will continue its over the top coverage on its front page concerning the weather, pensions, health (satins, diabetes, arthritis etc) and EU.

Wasn't Facebook valued at something like $150 Billion dollars and ended up being about $50B?

Which isn't really worth getting out of bed for.....

All of my lottery tickets

I'll predict it for next year.

Did you predict it for 2012?cos I did,but I wont do it again

My brother-in-law predicted that Wigan would make a clean sweep of the trophies. Anything the Daily Express predicts goes pear-shaped. I predict that the said newspaper will continue its over the top coverage on its front page concerning the weather, pensions, health (satins, diabetes, arthritis etc) and EU.

Not forgetting princess Di of course.

Did you predict it for 2012?cos I did,but I wont do it again

I predict every year that Leeds won't win Superleague. For us Bulls fans, it's a point of principle.

:D

I predict every year that Leeds won't win Superleague. For us Bulls fans, it's a point of principle.

But you never do it just before you cry the poverty tale and come out with the begging bowl. :)

But you never do it just before you cry the poverty tale and come out with the begging bowl. :)

Caused by Leeds sueing us over our signing of a rugby union player that they didn't want back.

Caused by Leeds sueing us over our signing of a rugby union player that they didn't want back.

What about all the other times?

I was still at Junior School in Wales in 1963, so can't comment. However, it would be fair to say that, down my years since 1975: -

- We've rarely had an outstanding Board of Directors ... most of those years few if any fans knew who had the most shares or the true financial state of the club. For example, in the 1980's our most successful coach, Peter Fox, was never given any money, then as soon as Barry Seabourne came in, we signed John Woods, Terry Holmes, David Hobbs and Brendan Hill. Phil Ford and Steve Donlan also came but that was part of the Ellery Hanley transfer to Wigan.

- Losing Peter Deakin was a disaster

- Moving to Valley Parade was an unmitigated failure

-The Steve McNamara coaching era was a conspicuous failure that, in my opinion, has set the team back at least five years.

But it's never boring.

Most of those made by Hull FC and Wigan fans during the preseason. :) All the best for 2013 chaps.

"Any other examples of predictions that didn't quite work out?"

I think George Osborne could come up with a few. :lol:

Quite a few peo

"Any other examples of predictions that didn't quite work out?"

I think George Osborne could come up with a few. :lol:

Now now, they were all mitigated by the rain/Olympics/snow/Greek exit from the Eurozone/US Elections/French Elections/Savilegate/dark winter nights/Leveson. Nothing Gideon could possibly have done anything about.

I was still at Junior School in Wales in 1963, so can't comment. However, it would be fair to say that, down my years since 1975: -

- We've rarely had an outstanding Board of Directors ... most of those years few if any fans knew who had the most shares or the true financial state of the club. For example, in the 1980's our most successful coach, Peter Fox, was never given any money, then as soon as Barry Seabourne came in, we signed John Woods, Terry Holmes, David Hobbs and Brendan Hill. Phil Ford and Steve Donlan also came but that was part of the Ellery Hanley transfer to Wigan.

- Losing Peter Deakin was a disaster

- Moving to Valley Parade was an unmitigated failure

-The Steve McNamara coaching era was a conspicuous failure that, in my opinion, has set the team back at least five years.

But it's never boring.

I think you missed that goal kicking welsh full back signed for quite a large fee.The late Terry Price?

Before my time; though I saw him play for Wales.

I worked with people who had worked with him for Bradford Council. Apparently it was not unknown for him to go out for his dinner and not bother going back that afternoon.

You needn't have bothered looking for him in any sandwich shops.

B)

Quite a few peo

Now now, they were all mitigated by the rain/Olympics/snow/Greek exit from the Eurozone/US Elections/French Elections/Savilegate/dark winter nights/Leveson. Nothing Gideon could possibly have done anything about.

...extra holidays for the Jubilee/elections in Perth and Kinross/Leeds winning the title from fifth/lack of automatic p+r (oops, who said that??? :unsure: )...

In April the Environment Agency predicted that drought conditions could last until Christmas.

If you'd read your link you'd see that they said that average rainfall alone would not be enough to get drought areas out of drought.

But, anyway, I predicted the Olympics would be a disaster which it clearly wasn't, that nobody would care about the Jubilee when they then did.

I was thankfully correct that nobody of true-born British stock would ever be able to give a tuppenny stuff about the Tour de France.