Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Parksider

News on Salford

478 posts in this topic

Did you not read the second comment?

Did you not see the smiley ;) I know you know, I just articulated your vision a bit better....

Many on here will want Salford ring fenced from "Championship areas" or assume Soccer/RU areas don'r have RL fans.

Both sides of this argument are wrong, because neither side has anything to back up their standpoint.

Nobody knows, but Salford as Salford playing in Salford hasn't worked for years and that's a fact we do know.

I'd love to see actual figures of who out of the c. 4,000 regular salford fans lives where, and where were they born.

On here you have to say things a million times but Cas Vegas one said all the Cas fans he knew didn't come from Castleford.

There is a danger that out of 4,000 Salford fans more than half could come from outside salford.

In fact given Salford is a contrivance and the actual area is small - being one of five towns, I bet the majority of the 4,000 were NOT born in Salford nor live there.

That won't matter. The name "Salford" shouts out "Superleague rugby" as well as "Wigan" does. The problem is the name Salford is currently synonymous with "losers". The names irrelevant the poor performances are the problem.

The old expression springs to mind, if you always do what you have always done then you will always get what you always got.

Excellent point, but when the core support of failing RL clubs are so traditional and parochial, clubs won't risk upsetting the old inadequate audience to try to get to a new audience.

There's no need to change the name but there is a need to break out all across Manchester and up every road leading to the M60.

If you want a club in Manchester in SL, support the Mancunians, find them a multi-million pound investor and see if they can go up the leagues.

You can't just expect another club to take away it's identity against its will. If it is true that the Salford name is holding them back (no evidence), then they'll find their level. If it's not true, sky's the limit.

If you want a club in Manchester in SL, support the Mancunians, find them a multi-million pound investor and see if they can go up the leagues.

You can't just expect another club to take away it's identity against its will. If it is true that the Salford name is holding them back (no evidence), then they'll find their level. If it's not true, sky's the limit.

Both Manchester and Salford are University cities, surely someone should be sponsoring one, the other or both to perform some research into what is holding the two cities back as far as RL is concerned and what future strategy may work.

Some of you might enjoy reading the Sale Sharks messageboard on rugbynetwork - I believe it's called open rebellion! I'm just helping to stir a little.

Wellsy, as always, the voice of common sense ;)

Wellsy, as always, the voice of common sense ;)

Both Manchester and Salford are University cities, surely someone should be sponsoring one, the other or both to perform some research into what is holding the two cities back as far as RL is concerned and what future strategy may work.

Yes, because that's a real burning iss

Yes, because that's a real burning issue for both cities. Maybe you should get Eric Pickles on the case.

Some of you might enjoy reading the Sale Sharks messageboard on rugbynetwork - I believe it's called open rebellion! I'm just helping to stir a little.

I'll have a l

The sale of the club is to be formally announced on Monday apparently.

If true it will a Lazarus like turnaround from a month back when it looked like the end of the road for 130 yr old club.

Name changes - Catchment areas are a mute point , Salford for all the effort & money Wilkinson ploughed in have lurched from drama to crisis year on year, the perception of the club has always been one of has-been strugglers, minnows. since the Snape years ofthe 70's

Now is an ideal time to alter the perception of the club , not with a badge change or name change but with a change in belief from boardroom to terrace. With enough money spent wisely in the right areas . Salford can develop talent & blood talent , it's been difficulty in hanging onto them that been the problem.

I'll have a look. What's your name on there?

The sale of the club is to be formally announced on Monday apparently.

If true it will a Lazarus like turnaround from a month back when it looked like the end of the road for 130 yr old club.

Name changes - Catchment areas are a mute point , Salford for all the effort & money Wilkinson ploughed in have lurched from drama to crisis year on year, the perception of the club has always been one of has-been strugglers, minnows. since the Snape years ofthe 70's

Now is an ideal time to alter the perception of the club , not with a badge change or name change but with a change in belief from boardroom to terrace. With enough money spent wisely in the right areas . Salford can develop talent & blood talent , it's been difficulty in hanging onto them that been the problem.

They did win a few trophies early in the Wilco era.

It would be wonderful if they did get over the line, without having gone bust like virtually every other club would have done in their circumstances. By my reckoning that would only leave Cas without access to deep pockets. We could increase the cap, keep our best players, sign marquee players again...

They did win a few trophies early in the Wilco era.

Can't recall any major trophy wins. There has been one or two lower tier trophy wins but none up amongst the big boys and that's the only currency which counts with the wider public.

There are reports of supporters cars being coined on there.

Is it that bad or best to park at Eccles ARLFC. (i assume that's where they mean, some call it RFC) ?

I've not heard of any problems when Salford play, parking at Eccles is easier and cheaper, the big advantage is money stays in RL. Sale are well known for moaning.I am quite excited about what could be achieved under new management.

Is it that bad or best to park at Eccles ARLFC. (i assume that's where they mean, some call it RFC) ?

Brookhouse Ave. stay well clear theres Nimby issues with the locals over the Stadium

£5 to park at the Stadium and wait a bit or Barton Aerodrome, £2.50 - £3.00 to park at Eccles RU or Eccles ARLFC on Moat lane , or park for free on the Brookhouse Estate then pay 150-200 quid to repair your car.

Sale fans TBH have stated cars were damaged at Edgeley Park too ,

Brookhouse? no wonder then, park where you should and it will be fine.

There's a rugby union club on the same street which also operate matchday parking.

There's a rugby union club on the same street which also operate matchday parking.

Thank you. I know where my money's going on August 9th. ;)

Rumours abounding that Hazel Blears is sticking her oar in - trust that its only rumour!

Does she want to claim tax back for parking at the stadium?

Rumours abounding that Hazel Blears is sticking her oar in - trust that its only rumour!

Don't believe everything you read on the Turkey!